What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NHS Activity

Now while I do agree with some of the posts here and I do greatly appreciate the ideas and opinions here and while I admit I had a very strong wording and pinion in my first post I still think that some people are forming judgements without all of the information or knowledge of what Marc, myself and the GP team have been working on behind the scenes to improve the NHS. I also feel that the NHS has a special place in this server as the one and only time you can purely focus on RP and never have to worry about a fight breaking out or people stressing out about money or gear. Due to this fact I feel that the NHS will always be a place for people to join to not only relax and have some amazing RP but as a place where people can work on and improve their RP skills weather they are new to the server or have been here for over a year as everyone can always improve and I see the NHS as a perfect place for that. Marc and I have a so been working on aspects to increase interest in the NHS for when the new framework comes out. So again I thank everyone for their ideas and sudjestions and some have already been put into action. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to contact me on TS or here on the forums and I will look into each one and discuss them with Marc and the GPs. 

Thankyou for reading and hopefully understanding my crazed writings at 3am.

CMO. Lharmon

I personally applied to the medics but after I never followed up on the interview for the simple fact that it's too much work for something quite small.

The way I see it the NHS is trying to work like the police force, but they need to realise just because they're whitelisted roles it doesn't make them the same. People may do a medic patrol every now and again but when your an officer you have many different things to do that make it worth the effort. Medics just drove around and often get the same thing from everyone...  It should really be an apply and play kind of thing. I remember one of the CMOs wanting to speak with Academy command about tests a while back, I can only assume that it was to add more tests to the Rota of the NHS but to be honest if you added more, you'd lose even more members. 

Being a medic I don't even see the point of it being a whitelisted faction, I honestly think it should be a license like ARAC / Taxi drivers. But if it is to be a faction it needs to take a step back and chill out.

EDIT: Also if you're in the police the tags don't look very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good improvement I think that may make the NHS a better group of people is maybe increasing the allowed NHS players allowed on at one point. Another improvement may be adding more ranks to the system just like the police, allowing people to go through more than just a few ranks. Possibly adding this will make NHS member be more enthusiastic when it comes to meeting and so on.    

A good improvement I think that may make the NHS a better group of people is maybe increasing the allowed NHS players allowed on at one point. Another improvement may be adding more ranks to the system just like the police, allowing people to go through more than just a few ranks. Possibly adding this will make NHS member be more enthusiastic when it comes to meeting and so on.    

We require the current number of server slots to actually be getting full before we are allowed to add any more.  There already are seven ranks in the nhs going from student to cmo. The problem is people have a lost of interest as soon as they reach the rank of medic. We are looking for ideas to gain more interest which will make us be able to expand. The nhs team is a great conmunity currently with expanding opportunities. We are looking for new members to assist us in progressing and join the interactive community. 

Guys please refrain from posting on this forum criticism if you have not actually experienced the medics and have no productive ideas. This is not directed at you fused of course.

I'd consider joining the NHS if I could log in every now and then without the pressure of having to play within a month and having to progress through ranks to gain access to equipment such as helicopters to make being a medic easier just saying. The problem your having is that people who play as a medic don't feel valued within the server and honestly I don't think you can change that but you can increase your numbers by listening to what the people are saying. 

i have 2 suggestions

1.either scrap white listing on medics and let anyone do it server rules will cover all of the NHS rules so really the NHS rules are piontless

2. Get rid of the current staff in NHS i have had a lot of people say to me they don't like the attitude of some GP's, and CMO's (and myself). i think its time that we start over again its not working lets try something new.

something needs to be done when i joined the medics there was always lots of medics online. Something has changed maybe we need to fix that before you say that we need to do more

PS. @Mycaelis had it down to a T

i also find it crazy that u think there needs to have interviews, time sheets, fourms to fill out, writen tests to fly a helicopter, have to go out and do little practical tests to pass to drive a car (that i can buy on my civ for 100k). 

i know we all love Roleplay and that's why we r all here. but i dont want to do time sheets. i done one patrol once where i have to do a time sheet for taking out a helicopter (because i need to log my hrs). and 2 fourms to fill out  for taking out 2 students. and half way through the patrol i switched to a sporty so i had to fill out another one for a sporty. At the end of they day all medics do is revive a player pull a bullet out of his bum cheeks and give him a lollie. i am not saying i don't like medics i used to love being a medic but i dont play due to not getting along with a GP/CMO people. But lets be honest her guys your crazy if you think the medics are going to last if you carry on like this.

P.S @GP Joel Denningi respect you for listening to people and trying to see wt u can do about it that is the right attitude to have. i imagine you have not enjoyed this, but well done for taking it on he chin

i also find it crazy that u think there needs to have interviews, time sheets, fourms to fill out, writen tests to fly a helicopter, have to go out and do little practical tests to pass to drive a car (that i can buy on my civ for 100k).

i know we all love Roleplay and that's why we r all here. but i dont want to do time sheets. i done one patrol once where i have to do a time sheet for taking out a helicopter (because i need to log my hrs). and 2 fourms to fill out  for taking out 2 students. and half way through the patrol i switched to a sporty so i had to fill out another one for a sporty. At the end of they day all medics do is revive a player pull a bullet out of his bum cheeks and give him a lollie. i am not saying i don't like medics i used to love being a medic but i dont play due to not getting along with a GP/CMO people. But lets be honest her guys your crazy if you think the medics are going to last if you carry on like this.

P.S @GP Joel Denningi respect you for listening to people and trying to see wt u can do about it that is the right attitude to have. i imagine you have not enjoyed this, but well done for taking it on he chin
No it was defiantly not easy for me to read through all of these comments. It breaks my heart to see people having such a bad opinion and of something I love so much. And I know that it is to some degree the fault of us the staff, however all you guys who never had the courage to come and tell us your concerns are as responsible for it. I do hope that we can bring the NHS back on track and lead it to its old glory.

I'd also like to add to this as now you have taken the abuse you need to convert it into positive energy and start change in the NHS. you have a bank of suggestions here

Be easier on the applications as well tbh, I was making an application and was near 200 words for everyone question when it said minimum is 100, and I was running out of things to put and then it got denied because there wasn't enough detail.

Scrapping whitelisting would cause more issues than anything else imo. Too many people going around providing no rp is not a solution to the problems.

Milo, rather than saying scrap the current staff (which is not viable anyway), why not give specifics of what it is you want changed in regards to staff attitude? It's obvious that some people just clash with others because of their personality... But if you have specifics that apply to everyone, let us know.

Also, joel... Some of your replies are fine here... But in others you're telling people what will and wont happen. Every suggestion here will be fully reviewed, saying 'that will never happen' without any discussion is not really helping the problem.

I cant reply to every post here with detail, but every suggestion will be considered. Branches are due to be reviewed over the next couple of days, so hopefully some of the suggestions regarding vehicles can be adressed very soon.

If anyone is interested in helping with docs for all upcoming changes, just send a message.

-  Marc

When  I joined, and progressed through the ranks from hard work I felt happy with that. Knowing that what I was doing, was good work. But in doing this the only major milestone was from STU to FA, being able to only patrol with certain people to going on patrol solo. It felt great, and that's what gave me the motivation to continue playing, much like it is for some other people.

However, I can understand that some people just want to RP by getting to point A and B fast so that we can roleplay (don't we all). This being said I still think there should be some limits to what people can do, like restricting students from flying. Previously, MD's could fly whether or not they were in Air Rescue (AR) and I liked that, with people not knowing how to fly just wouldn't fly and priority going to people in the AR branch. This could work the same with RIR and sports hatchbacks.

This doesn't necessarily mean that people will only use the helicopters and sport hatch, I personally use the truck boxer and offroad as it provides good RP for in-town areas or areas with no need for speed.

Regarding the entry, I do feel that it is quite strict. With the interviewers opinion it can make the interviewee feel more or less welcome, but more importantly the actual test results being slightly changed. Not saying that this has happened, but it can happen as it is a one to one interview.

Now being an ex-GP I know there has been a lot of work put into the NHS and for all of that to be scrapped / changed because some people want the "easy route" into the NHS or, an "all access pass" to what ever they want to do saddens me a little, but think that it should be done to help activity. I feel that being an NHS member, it gives me a good sense of pride by obtaining the ranks gives enough satisfaction to be complained at that we're "too slow", or "useless" as we do a job that wouldn't work without us.

This is just my opinion, I can understand all sides of the argument. I feel this thread has gotten a little out of hand, not saying other opinions are welcome.

TL;DR: Make entry easier with small training, reduce the restrictions of vehicles so that people can use them but bring back priority use. #MedicRespect

DR. Jasper Rogers / Squid

Ex-GP / Head of Air Rescue.

With all due respect, I have heard from many members within the NHS that they would consider the NHS staff very approachable. 

I am not sure what your exact issues are with the NHS staff, but I do know that since you were an active medic the vast majority of the GPs have left and been replaced. I don't wish to blow my own trumpet, but I believe the entire GP team, myself included is doing a good job. Those within the NHS that stay on the right side of us and don't break regulation become quite friendly with us and I would say the senior NHS has very good communication with the lower ranks.

However, I feel you are probably referring to discipline issues in your post. The trouble is we cannot just let issues slide - it would lead to issues in the long run. I do think some of the punishments in some past situations were too harsh/unsuitable, but recently I see this to have improved. I personally try not to come down too hard, unless the players attitude is really bad. 

With regards to white listing, it has to stay. We have some idiots slip through the induction already, and I think civ side chat speaks for itself on why we can't let just anyone have the power to revive.

When  I joined, and progressed through the ranks from hard work I felt happy with that. Knowing that what I was doing, but in doing this the only major milestone was from STU to FA, being able to only patrol with certain people to going on patrol solo. It felt great, and that's what gave me the motivation to continue playing, much like it is for some other people.

However, I can understand that some people just want to RP by getting to point A and B fast so that we can roleplay (don't we all). This being said I still think there should be some limits to what people can do, like restricting students from flying. Previously, MD's could fly whether or not they were in Air Rescue (AR) and I liked that, with people not knowing how to fly just wouldn't fly and priority going to people in the AR branch. This could work the same with RIR and sports hatchbacks.

This doesn't necessarily mean that people will only use the helicopters and sport hatch, I personally use the truck boxer and offroad as it provides good RP for in-town areas or areas with no need for speed.

Regarding the entry, I do feel that it is quite strict. With the interviewers opinion it can make the interviewee feel more or less welcome, but more importantly the actual test results being slightly changed. Not saying that this has happened, but it can happen as it is a one to one interview.

Now being an ex-GP I know there has been a lot of work put into the NHS and for all of that to be scrapped / changed because some people want the "easy route" into the NHS or, an "all access pass" to what ever they want to do saddens me a little, but think that it should be done to help activity. I feel that being an NHS member, it gives me a good sense of pride by obtaining the ranks gives enough satisfaction to be complained at that we're "too slow", or "useless" as we do a job that wouldn't work without us.

This is just my opinion, I can understand all sides of the argument. I feel this thread has gotten a little out of hand, not saying other opinions are welcome.

TL;DR: Make entry easier with small training, reduce the restrictions of vehicles so that people can use them but bring back priority use. #MedicRespect

DR. Jasper Rogers / Squid

Ex-GP / Head of Air Rescue.
We already scrapped branch entry tests, and branch changes are already being put into motion. Helicopters are tricky, as if we let anyone fly there would be too many crashes. We can't exactly allow infinite helis! Workarounds are being discussed, any ideas welcome!

We already scrapped branch entry tests, and branch changes are already being put into motion. Helicopters are tricky, as if we let anyone fly there would be too many crashes. We can't exactly allow infinite helis! Workarounds are being discussed, any ideas welcome!
Ah, didn't realise. Haven't managed to talk to any one :).

Havent seen that in a while :)
All from you man! I remember the first time you took me on patrol.

We require the current number of server slots to actually be getting full before we are allowed to add any more.  There already are seven ranks in the nhs going from student to cmo. The problem is people have a lost of interest as soon as they reach the rank of medic. We are looking for ideas to gain more interest which will make us be able to expand. The nhs team is a great conmunity currently with expanding opportunities. We are looking for new members to assist us in progressing and join the interactive community. 

Guys please refrain from posting on this forum criticism if you have not actually experienced the medics and have no productive ideas. This is not directed at you fused of course.
No it's fine I understand why you started the post just wanted to add a word. I hope that you guys can find a solution to extending the medics.

Reading over this post, I realized I got long winded again. I tend to do that...my apologies to anyone that actually read the entire wall of text. Trying to give a fully explained outside example of perhaps why getting new members is so hard, from 2 people that was ready to jump on the chance to join, to questioning if we even wanted to within a few days.

From a server member that LOVES RP (huge RP nerd myself, been playing tabletop RPG's for 20 years...yes I'm old as dirt :p) and loves the server, and the input from a friend of mine also that is along the same lines as me might help pinpoint the low application rate, as we are outsiders looking into the NHS world considering joining.

I was all about joining the NHS and Police after I found the server and was by far the BEST one for RP of altis life. Same with my friend but he was psyched about NHS only (gun fights and such isnt his style tastes).

But after reading the threads on NHS...our giddy excitement turned into waying interest at best.

Not to compare, as it is apples to oranges, but I expected  the police entry to be hard..and it was.
You are expect to wear all these hats at once, many of them at the same time: crime stoppers, the hobo helpers, the line in the sand that divides total anarchy and a functioning society. You are the authority figure that drug dealers hate, law abiding citizens count on, and new hobos look to, to be an authoritative figure and helping hand in the land of altis. I get why its so hard to get in. There is a level of demand in so many spectrums you must master to be able to convey a mature entertaining gameplay for a wide range of people and situations.

As a medic, it's saving lives of fellow man, following a handful of guidelines and law you must follow to not break any rules, and give the best RP you can when and while you revive them.
I DON'T mean that as a jab, or insult, please do not take it that way. Just the amount of 'balls in the air' at once you need to juggle as either so to speak isn't equal.

So I didn't expect the medic one to be just as strict and exclusive to be accepted into. I was expecting that the requirements was you demonstrated a firm understanding of the revive rules, a firm grasp of and quality of RP, and able to drive a box truck/hatchback/SUV without hitting everything, at least for the lowest rank.

I haven't actually applied (due to these concerns) so everything I can say is 3rd hand at best so forgive me if it's all hearsay.
But many people say it's just as hard to get into, and in some ways HARDER to rank up than a police due to the lower active at any time count, and time you must invest waiting to find someone to patrol with to rank up. While the medic do serve a crucial role on the server, and expected to RP with the best of them. The broad range of talents required and on your toes improv needed isnt as wide or demanding as an officer.

Why I was a bit dismayed and discouraged after hear about it. 
For example:

1.) CSO and  STU having to wait for rides. This I TOTALLY understand and stand by. But even as CSO I sometimes waited around 20-30 minutes just for a patrol to go on. I can't imagine logging in as a STU, being the only medic on, and waiting an hour(or 2 I've seen times with no medics all day) hoping one pops on so I can actually go learn something (all the while spending that time as a medic standing around learning nothing). 

2.)Reading thru the thread about the timesheets and such. I understand the need for them to some degree. And from my understanding the police force has MORE than its share of it up in the higher ranks of DSGT and beyond. But to fill out timesheets for taking out a car? Even the force does not require that. Perhaps I'm over reading into the amount of it needed to be done just to login as a NHS and go help people.

3.) Overall It seems a bit overly complicated, and restrictive for such a linearly defined role of paramedic. Again not a jab in any way, as the 2 roles are totally different in scope. While I don't expect to apply, get accepted, and tossed a sports to go wild reviving people on a whim, I also feel discouraged knowing that for me to be able to simply drive from person to person spending 2-3 minutes reviving and RPing with them..that I need to feel as if I applied for MI6 and must datalog and spend 4 weeks in SAS boot camp to learn how to do so :)

Reading over this post, I realized I got long winded again. I tend to do that...my apologies to anyone that actually read the entire wall of text. Trying to give a fully explained outside example of perhaps why getting new members is so hard, from 2 people that was ready to jump on the chance to join, to questioning if we even wanted to within a few days.

From a server member that LOVES RP (huge RP nerd myself, been playing tabletop RPG's for 20 years...yes I'm old as dirt :p) and loves the server, and the input from a friend of mine also that is along the same lines as me might help pinpoint the low application rate, as we are outsiders looking into the NHS world considering joining.

I was all about joining the NHS and Police after I found the server and was by far the BEST one for RP of altis life. Same with my friend but he was psyched about NHS only (gun fights and such isnt his style tastes).

But after reading the threads on NHS...our giddy excitement turned into waying interest at best.

Not to compare, as it is apples to oranges, but I expected  the police entry to be hard..and it was.
You are expect to wear all these hats at once, many of them at the same time: crime stoppers, the hobo helpers, the line in the sand that divides total anarchy and a functioning society. You are the authority figure that drug dealers hate, law abiding citizens count on, and new hobos look to, to be an authoritative figure and helping hand in the land of altis. I get why its so hard to get in. There is a level of demand in so many spectrums you must master to be able to convey a mature entertaining gameplay for a wide range of people and situations.

As a medic, it's saving lives of fellow man, following a handful of guidelines and law you must follow to not break any rules, and give the best RP you can when and while you revive them.
I DON'T mean that as a jab, or insult, please do not take it that way. Just the amount of 'balls in the air' at once you need to juggle as either so to speak isn't equal.

So I didn't expect the medic one to be just as strict and exclusive to be accepted into. I was expecting that the requirements was you demonstrated a firm understanding of the revive rules, a firm grasp of and quality of RP, and able to drive a box truck/hatchback/SUV without hitting everything, at least for the lowest rank.

I haven't actually applied (due to these concerns) so everything I can say is 3rd hand at best so forgive me if it's all hearsay.
But many people say it's just as hard to get into, and in some ways HARDER to rank up than a police due to the lower active at any time count, and time you must invest waiting to find someone to patrol with to rank up. While the medic do serve a crucial role on the server, and expected to RP with the best of them. The broad range of talents required and on your toes improv needed isnt as wide or demanding as an officer.

Why I was a bit dismayed and discouraged after hear about it. 
For example:

1.) CSO and  STU having to wait for rides. This I TOTALLY understand and stand by. But even as CSO I sometimes waited around 20-30 minutes just for a patrol to go on. I can't imagine logging in as a STU, being the only medic on, and waiting an hour(or 2 I've seen times with no medics all day) hoping one pops on so I can actually go learn something (all the while spending that time as a medic standing around learning nothing). 

2.)Reading thru the thread about the timesheets and such. I understand the need for them to some degree. And from my understanding the police force has MORE than its share of it up in the higher ranks of DSGT and beyond. But to fill out timesheets for taking out a car? Even the force does not require that. Perhaps I'm over reading into the amount of it needed to be done just to login as a NHS and go help people.

3.) Overall It seems a bit overly complicated, and restrictive for such a linearly defined role of paramedic. Again not a jab in any way, as the 2 roles are totally different in scope. While I don't expect to apply, get accepted, and tossed a sports to go wild reviving people on a whim, I also feel discouraged knowing that for me to be able to simply drive from person to person spending 2-3 minutes reviving and RPing with them..that I need to feel as if I applied for MI6 and must datalog and spend 4 weeks in SAS boot camp to learn how to do so :)
I like this post. Constructive feedback without any extra bitching added in.

Right, on to your points;

1) Students having to wait for people has been an issue for a while, and I can't see any workaround without simply allowing them on patrol when no one else is online. It's a possibility, but not the most elegant solution. I'll have a think and see what I can come up with for this issue.

2) The timesheets are in place for specialized branches. The original goal for these branches was for them to have specialist equipment to use during their patrols, to expand on what medics can do. As it stands, however... we can't get any of the features we've got planned implemented until after the framework is released. This means that we're stuck with current assets, and attempted vehicle restrictions to reward branch members. After seeing the opinions here, I'm seeing that it was probably a mistake to do that. Branches will be reviewed very soon.

3) The joining process does need some changes. I'm already writing up plans to do this. Applications will most likely stay similar for new members, but the interview process will become faster and simpler. Restrictions will also be looked at with branch review.

In review: Joining will be easier, promotions easier to attain and most restrictions removed.

- Marc

@MotoyoMay i remind and clear this up for you. The point of the altislifeuk NHS is to create a positive roleplaying environment. The whole point of the entry test is so we recruit only those with a good knowledge if roleplay and of the server itself. The interview isn't a large progress but around a 20 minute examination to make sure we are not recruiting hobos from the street. If you are looking for a server where you can rush around from person to person like you mentioned then this is not the place. This is unlike general police duties where it is very rare for you to get properly involved in inducing, proper roleplay. The medical team have been in place for a long duration and is there to create a productive experience. NHS take time in their duty and I have had people with a positive feedback always creating new ways in the progress of medical experiences so I tell you it is not impossible and can be very enjoyable if it's something you're interested in.

Back