What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NHS Activity

So what about scrapping interviews for people who used to be medics, say they were FA or higher.
As long as they weren't removed for breaking rules etc.

I don't really see why they need to go through the interview process again, as they already know what to do as a medic.
It should really just be..

"Do you remember how to be a medic?"
"Do you need a reminder of anything?"
"Here's a First Aider rank as it's pointless being a Student again as you already know everything you need to know"
"Here's the medic handbook of what you can and can't do".
"Off you go".

Simple two minutes of work, everyone's a winner.
If they were trusted to do the job before, the process to get them back in should be incredibly simplified.

Other things that pop to mind:

Marc's new suggestion:

Pretty much going back to how it used to be then. I like this, however, I do have concerns. E.G, lots of crashing of helis etc. although I imagine no one is that bad at flying.

DNR

According to server rules, a rebel can put a DNR on someone, and tell us not to revive. In these situations I always try and RP it to get the revive. Regarding police DNR's, I agree - they should be removed. In general, if someone is being a dick to me in RP and they die, I am more inclined not to revive them.

General Points

Over the last few months, we have been trying to allow more people to join the NHS, and to increase activity. Ways we have done this include allowing students to go with first aiders, and recently the new recruitment drive. We are trying hard to keep a good level of roleplay within the NHS too, and so we don;t want to just recruit as many people as possible. 

So what about scrapping interviews for people who used to be medics, say they were FA or higher.

I don't really see why they need to go through the interview process again, as they already know what to do as a medic.

"Here's a First Aider rank as it's pointless being a Student again as you already know everything you need to know"
"Off you go".

If they were trusted to do the job before, the process to get them back in should be incredibly simplified.
Already in place

"Off you go".

Yup, already thought of this one and in the process of writing guidelines for it. Basically implemented what you said for now during this recruitment drive anyway, just need to sort things out to make it a permanent thing.

Good point. Will update now.

Edit:

There we go... how's that look?

42bd1da3d808894727b54bbbb008e9aa.png
This looks really nice. Joined back yesterday and patrolled for 2-3 hours it's fun and efficient hope you'll get way much more activity than this with the new changes.

Already in place.
So why was I and a few previous medics I know of asked to do interviews?
None of us could understand why we were asked to go through the pointless effort and in the end just said 'Don't bother'.

Here is my 2 cents, coming from a GP:

• STU to FA takes too long. Relies too much on being online when CMOs can see you/recommendations. System needs an overhaul of some kind.
I think that we should use some kind of STU>FA test - like CSO to PCSO, where it's just a short in game test, conducted by MTO+, and you can take it after a day or two.

• The interview process is necessary. The number of frankly terrible interviews I have had to conduct is way too high to remove the process entirely.
Nothing further to say really. Interview needs a few questions switching up - random question scripts are currently being worked on by @CMO Marc Smith as far as I know. Also make some internal NHS rules public so more people pass.

• There are not enough privileges for MD > SUR > DR. This results in people giving up and not pushing to climb any further.
100% true. Personally I think drop the current RIR and make sport available to SUR+. DRs perhaps get a fancy uniform/vehicle/medical marijuana or something.

• Branches are a pain.
Yes they are. IMO, RIR should instead be a priority on sport hatch (1 per server, RIR get priority). AR is needed to fly a heli though. Too many crashes otherwise. Also remove written test. Unnecessary hurdle.

• Add more shit.
SoonTM. When the #framework comes, we'll be adding at least three more helicopters, psychologists who will have access to restraints and some kind of tazer-esque immobilizer, and tactical responders who will work closely with the Police in live gunfights. Plus Coastguard will return as more sea related accidents happen with what the framework adds. I also hope to see more interesting tools/roleplay items such as hydraulic cutters and medical marijuana.

See? We have ideas and want to make it better!

Love, GP Salty Vampire.

Kisses xxx
Been in the NHS for four months, one thing I see wrong that you mentioned. Getting promoted takes far too long, I've been in the NHS for four months and am only MD, not complaining or anything but people may look at it and see what's the point in playing for four months and having little to no benefit. 

Also FA/MD needs a change imo. Yes you get access to a new branch but because MD > SUR takes so long FA can sometimes feel like MD with a new SUV. 

Just my thoughts.

None of us could understand why we were asked to go through the pointless effort and in the end just said 'Don't bother'.
Read my post above and you'll know why

I didn't actually know that. The CMO's told me that people just have to chat to them. Everyone I saw do it didn't have to have an interview ,so I just assumed.

I didn't actually know that. The CMO's told me that people just have to chat to them. Everyone I saw do it didn't have to have an interview ,so I just assumed.
Daanish, you're talking about a seperate system we've had for a while in which anyone that was MD+ can rejoin as STU with fast track to FA

@GP. DaanishPolice DNR's were removed a while ago by Fuel when he was a CSI, I mentioned it in a police meeting as a medic guest and since then police are no longer to put DNR's unless it's a rule breaker. If a cop does place a DNR for no reason then the medic can tell a GP which they can tell a higher ranked police officer

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea, would like it even more if it worked both ways. SPC can join NHS as FA, and MD can join police as PCSO for example. Although, police job is a bit more difficult. Would need some thinking, but this could work quite well as a recruitment strategy for both factions.
i have to agree with this, gotta work both ways :)

Source? If I load a full MX round into his head and tell him that, can he still be revived? Let's be real ;) 
NHS Handbook explicitly says Police cannot DNR. If an officer did that to me, and intentionally dumped a mag into his corpse to 'kill' him, I would just come up with some roleplay idea (eg replace their brain with marmite or something), and would also request to speak with the officer in question. I doubt you would do something like that, but it's that kind of attitude we want to keep out of the NHS!

I like this idea, would like it even more if it worked both ways. SPC can join NHS as FA, and MD can join police as PCSO for example. Although, police job is a bit more difficult. Would need some thinking, but this could work quite well as a recruitment strategy for both factions.
If you really want this to happen i'm sure we can arrange it but as you said the police will be a lot harder so some corner could be cut within the new police training without missing out on vital parts of being a police officer. 

If you really want this to happen i'm sure we can arrange it but as you said the police will be a lot harder so some corner could be cut within the new police training without missing out on vital parts of being a police officer. 
Some medics would make fantastic cops, if you can roleplay with a pair of fucking binoculars and a lollipop for 25 minutes then imagine what they could do as a Police Officer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to show the very first NHS Handbook that was made when NHS was started up (worked on by me, walt and ciaran and a few others i think), and back then it worked perfectly fine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GqrbYLQk-ermrdzR3gr-RZKzqUlnvph0VRQnPx29BDg/edit?usp=sharing

It is a very simple rankstructure, and the equipment is avaliable for all. NHS is about roleplay and saving lives whitin a proper time. At the moment I can wait up to 20 minutes on a 3km-away revive.. Also when I first see NHS members going around, I see them stacked in a vehicle, every single medic. So I'd recommend having a look at how NHS was before, even ask CSI Walt about how he ran things back as the head doctor.

I'd love to rejoin NHS and help out, but I find it stupid having to go through a massive prosess for so little reward, as some others have typed. 

I'd like to show the very first NHS Handbook that was made when NHS was started up (worked on by me, walt and ciaran and a few others i think), and back then it worked perfectly fine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GqrbYLQk-ermrdzR3gr-RZKzqUlnvph0VRQnPx29BDg/edit?usp=sharing

It is a very simple rankstructure, and the equipment is avaliable for all. NHS is about roleplay and saving lives whitin a proper time. At the moment I can wait up to 20 minutes on a 3km-away revive.. Also when I first see NHS members going around, I see them stacked in a vehicle, every single medic. So I'd recommend having a look at how NHS was before, even ask CSI Walt about how he ran things back as the head doctor.

I'd love to rejoin NHS and help out, but I find it stupid having to go through a massive prosess for so little reward, as some others have typed. 
Right now any SPC+ can rejoin with no app/interview. SGT+ also can, with an instant FastTrack to MD if they so desire.

We often ask medics to split up if possible when playing. However, sometimes people prefer to patrol separately, but in the same channel. 

Back