What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NHS Activity

On my phone, so I'll do a longer reply later but wantrd  to say about forms etc.

Air rescue now has no written test and we are changing practical test. 

I agree there are too many forms, and that will be looked at in the GP meeting.n

Being non wwhitelisted:

Would llead to stuff like combat reviving and people revivng friends instead of properly rping.

Ok, got a proposal...

cea0f1c87b3a3d591bab124d655393cc.png

This would make things easier for FA's... giving them a half decent vehicle to use. MD's would also have access to a faster car and a heli when no branch trained members are online, increasing response time.

I want a general opinion of this structure from anyone interested, and other proposals if you disagree with this.

For NHS staff: This might look like I'm making decisions without you guys... I'm not, simply getting an opinion that can then be brought up at the next GP meeting.

This only assists with the vehicle issues. This would also probably kill branches entirely until new content is available to us, but if that's what needs to be done to increase activity then so be it.

Working on other issues atm, will post updates as I go.

- Marc

@GP Willis

Oh I understand, and I didn't mean it as a rush from A to B to revive, get money, and move on. I meant no malice or belittlement in my post at all to the role NHS plays, sorry if it came off that way.

Was more implying the general overall concept of the intended role. Im the last one to want to just rush off following dots of dead people like its a wack a mole game. I didn't mean it as an insult, or to over simplify the job duties. 

Was more referring to the underlying mindset a medic would have of "People are on their last breathes, time is of the essence" of sorts.

Again I wasn't intending to implying X is better than Y in anyway. That would be as silly as saying Highway Maintenance crew is better than the Garbage Collection dept. They are 2 totally different animals.
Just conveying my initial reaction to what I heard of the process to sign up, the paperwork involved while on duty for certain aspects, and the steps and general vibe of "it's not a climb of determination to rise in ranks, but more an uphill struggle" I've heard. And just pointing out that perhaps since 2 of us had our pure desire to join tainted by feedback we heard when asking around what its like. That maybe it might be an area to look into putting some PR (for a lack of a better word) into so more people dont get that same impression causing the same effect. Not saying it in itself is bad, just the 'word on the street' we use to gauge it isnt so flattering. And until we decide to apply that's all we have to go off of.

@GP. Daanish
Im with you on the whitelist. I couldn't imagine it as just a license..it would be hidden combat revives, and demands for 'tips' day in and day out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, got a proposal...

cea0f1c87b3a3d591bab124d655393cc.png

This would make things easier for FA's... giving them a half decent vehicle to use. MD's would also have access to a faster car and a heli when no branch trained members are online, increasing response time.

I want a general opinion of this structure from anyone interested, and other proposals if you disagree with this.

For NHS staff: This might look like I'm making decisions without you guys... I'm not, simply getting an opinion that can then be brought up at the next GP meeting.

This only assists with the vehicle issues. This would also probably kill branches entirely until new content is available to us, but if that's what needs to be done to increase activity then so be it.

Working on other issues atm, will post updates as I go.

- Marc
Why deny a First Aider the SUV?
I don't get what's so special about the SUV that needs you to rank up to unlock it...

If you want to get from Kavala to Pyrgos, the SUV is the most efficient vehicle to use if you discount Sports / Heli.
Just handicapping a First Aider for little or no good reason from what I can see.

Why deny a First Aider the SUV?
I don't get what's so special about the SUV that needs you to rank up to unlock it...

If you want to get from Kavala to Pyrgos, the SUV is the most efficient vehicle to use if you discount Sports / Heli.
Just handicapping a First Aider for little or no good reason from what I can see.
Hmm, good point.

I know we originally did it to give some kind of reward for FA-MD promotion, since we currently have nothing else to give.

I'll move it down to FA now.

If anyone has ideas for rank rewards that don't require server updates, please post them.

- Marc

Suggestion: Remove the DNR policy all together. Medics are all about roleplay, and healing people. The server is above all is about roleplay, and if a medic revives a fallen civ/police, it allows roleplay to continue. 

Suggestion: Remove the DNR policy all together. Medics are all about roleplay, and healing people. The server is above all is about roleplay, and if a medic revives a fallen civ/police, it allows roleplay to continue. 
I don't quite understand this suggestion. What specifically do you think needs changing?

DNR's are issued by rebels to stop us reviving other gangs / police to avoid conflict. The only way around this is to call in police to assist us while we revive.

Hmm, good point.

I know we originally did it to give some kind of reward for FA-MD promotion, since we currently have nothing else to give.

I'll move it down to FA now.

If anyone has ideas for rank rewards that don't require server updates, please post them.

- Marc
How about switching the SUV and off-road around seeing as the SUV is quicker and more efficient way of getting around and the off-road is easier for more people being taken around ( i would assume a MD has a higher chance of taking more students out then a FA)

How about switching the SUV and off-road around seeing as the SUV is quicker and more efficient way of getting around and the off-road is easier for more people being taken around ( i would assume a MD has a higher chance of taking more students out then a FA)
Good point. Will update now.

Edit:

There we go... how's that look?

42bd1da3d808894727b54bbbb008e9aa.png

2. Get rid of the current staff in NHS i have had a lot of people say to me they don't like the attitude of some GP's, and CMO's (and myself). i think its time that we start over again its not working lets try something new.
I am clearly biased but I find it legitimately insulting that not every GP has commented here yet, you haven't been actively involved with us for a few months but you insist on forcing the problem on us. If people have problems they should feel they can complain (to admins if they must) rather than gossiping behind the scenes. Give us until the framework (there is a massive amounts of behind the scenes work) and when we can actually make changes, things will happen.

I don't believe for a moment this this is just you or really you at all but I think this thread has an overall hostility that assumes we are sitting around doing nothing rather than actually asking what is being done. As it stands the NHS has a huge amount of infrastructure in place in the background and has existed for a long time and to essentially say "the framework isn't out and no one can do anything but clearly the staff are not even trying" is actually quite an aggressive stance to take and assumes that we are all incapable or even "unworthy" in spite of being the group of people that have committed the most time to the NHS is recent months. Kicking EVERYONE out is just a bit of a random idea in my opinion because it assumes that EVERYONE is the problem.

The issue the NHS has always had is a dependence on roleplay due to lack of features. This is fine and we understand that while roleplay is what we are all here for, it can get boring going on NHS patrol a lot. We are VERY generous to people who don't play often giving over a month of entirely random, no questions asked inactivity before we even consider removing people. We aren't the police so we don't mark people as inactive in a week as it would be silly but the few people just expecting to wander in and out at the rank of student for 1 patrol every 3 months is just silly.

I have also seen claims we should remove / massively tone down the interview process or even have the NHS as unwhitelisted but with some of the interviews we have had and some of the massively poor roleplay / server rule breaking we have had from members we have to have some variety of screening process as the same people who waltz in and write 2 words for their application would be the same people wandering around combat reviving. Combat reviving itself is something we can't let people do and although there would be bans handed out if NHS was unwhitelisted, once you combat-revive, the damage is done and the increase in appeals and comp requests would be a bit insane.

I would like to hold the believe I am one of the more approachable members of the GPs and previous members who have been unapproachable or acted poorly have been warned and/or removed. If I claimed I had an equal opinion of all staff members in the NHS I would be a liar and there have been decisions made that I don't like but such is the way of a democratic method of management. All of us got an opinion and the majority disagrees with my own opinion, so be it. Anyone who has problems with me is invited to come and tell me if they wish. I may take offence (we are all human and it can be natural to be offended when people challenge your way of thinking), but I can promise that whatever you say, you will see me attempt to make a change to improve myself because of it.

I feel that particularly with the swiftly approaching framework there has been limited/no communication between NHS and admins and I would invite any admins that are presumably reading this as we speak to come and talk to me or the CMOs beyond playing games so that we can actually tell people on the forums etc. what is going to happen rather than saying "haha! #framework". In my opinion these these sorts of threads should not be able to elevate to what I consider somewhat of a witch-hunt aimed at NHS staff who are simply trying to do their best with limited functionality. (We can't even let MD. + have hatchback sport without admins helping us at the minute.) And I suggest that the server staff help us to make some degree of official message rather than letting this sort of thing happen all the time.

If anyone wants to discuss with me I will be around on teamspeak all evening from around 4:15 and don't worry about popping me a message if i'm on a police/NHS patrol because I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks if you actually read all of this:

GP. TomTheDoge

TL;DR - If you have a problem with NHS staff, please talk to us. If we react poorly you are most welcome to complain to admins for our removal. Please don't blame us for stuff that is server side such as in game functionality when the framework stops us from doing anything. Marc has spent a lot of time on threads such a these and has already acted on suggestions so try not to assume we are all doing nothing

I don't quite understand this suggestion. What specifically do you think needs changing?

DNR's are issued by rebels to stop us reviving other gangs / police to avoid conflict. The only way around this is to call in police to assist us while we revive.
I'm saying the DNR system should be abolished all together.

If someone is willing to sit there and wait to be revived, that means they want to continue playing, otherwise they would have re spawned. This allows rebels to take hostages, continue roleplay, etc.... You drive 5 to 8 minutes someone waiting for a revive, and get told "No do not revive them." It's shitty and denies both parties roleplay.

Medics have a duty to help all sorts of people from rebel to police.

Student: Has to patrol with FA or higher (maybe MD if they got a lower score). No need for vehicles as they will be with a colleague.

First Aider: Access to the Box Truck AND SUV. They can patrol alone as well. Only allowing the box truck is a bit silly as it's slow and not entirely effective. At this rank you have access to the helicopter however higher ranks can take priority. There should be a limit as to how many helicopters can be airborne at any given time.

Medic Rank: Access to the hatchback sport. Like SGT in the police getting medic isn't difficult to reach and offers access to a nice new vehicle.

Surgeon + Doctor: Not sure about these two ranks yet but i'm sure there will be something. Like boats? hehe
Thought I might as well update you on this.

Student: The way you described student is as it is at the moment so great.

First Aider: This is almost how it is now, we are changing vehicle access as we speak but this requires devs to change the mission file I believe so we need to be a little patient as they are very busy

Medic: This seems like a solid idea

SUR/DR: Wilco decision is no boats until we are more active and the framework hits. This is something we want but not for the minute.

Thanks for giving us legitimate ideas instead of defaulting to "the Staff are doing nothing remove them all" thing. It really is appreciated so keep it coming!

If someone is willing to sit there and wait to be revived, that means they want to continue playing, otherwise they would have re spawned. This allows rebels to take hostages, continue roleplay, etc.... You drive 5 to 8 minutes someone waiting for a revive, and get told "No do not revive them." It's shitty and denies both parties roleplay.

I'm really a fan of this to be honest but it seems to be the generally excepted rule between police and NHS right now. Maybe we will discuss between both factions and the admins a little but your reasoning is pretty good in my opinion. Only hole I can pick in it is the second we revive, nearby rebels immediately re initiate and kill the person again. This would need to be more concrete in the server rules etc. but overall is a solid suggestion.

I like this post. Constructive feedback without any extra bitching added in.

Right, on to your points;

1) Students having to wait for people has been an issue for a while, and I can't see any workaround without simply allowing them on patrol when no one else is online. It's a possibility, but not the most elegant solution. I'll have a think and see what I can come up with for this issue.

- Marc
I remember talking to@Mickeeyand he said that he was given permission to take students out whist he was a student. So maybe it could be an issue where if the student is trustworthy enough to role play at a good standard and not break any rules then they can have GP or higher permission to patrol on their own. This could done similar to how students are pardon to them being able to go with regular medics instead of just MTO's or higher. However as someone who has taken plenty of students on patrol there are a lot of students who would not be trusted, for example I will never forget when a student asked me how to unlock an ambulance. 

Bob you tried to do that once when you were drunk as hell lol The idea isn't to far fetched and marc and I will discuss it.

Ah fair enough. Yes, this would be the best solution to the problem. The problem is that it's a server rule.

The other issue is what I mentioned in my first post, with it causing more conflict between the rebels.

The only way I can see around it really is specifically writing the rule in the context it was originally designed to be used in, which is that people would use the DNR rule to stop revives while they prepare and leave the area, and then the revive would be completed. 

Obviously if a rebel tells a medic not to revive someone otherwise they'll be shot, there's not much the medic can do in that situation... so removing the DNR system isn't really possible without additional server rules.

if the student is trustworthy enough to role play at a good standard and not break any rules then they can have GP or higher permission to patrol on their own.
Should they not be first aiders if they are trusted to this level? I think limiting promotions to the end of week meetings is something that works in the police because of its sheer size but not in the NHS. We will discuss this among other things in the GP meeting

Bob during that talk you were drunk as hell....
What me drunk never....

I believe I had the conversation with Mickeey back when we were still MTO's (Pre-Uni Student)

Should they not be first aiders if they are trusted to this level? I think limiting promotions to the end of week meetings is something that works in the police because of its sheer size but not in the NHS. We will discuss this among other things in the GP meeting
Yes I know but as I saw Marc said it is something he would consider I was only suggesting how it could be done, however I am someone who wouldn't want students on their own, as I have seen too many students being... well being students.

EDIT Didn't read Tom post properly:

Yes field promotions could work I remember one student who I interviewed was already at MD level after his first two patrols (His answers in his interview were better than the model answers in the GP Interview sheet)

Forgot about the new server rules, might add that into the rules feedback thread,

My apologies.

I agree there are too many forms
The whole server has too many forms and everything now. A form needs to be filled out for a RP/negotiated bankop , EVERY TIME someone comes into liason room (provided you're a neutral higher up) and to be honest, people pulling rank out of roleplay. It's a game, on teamspeak EVERYONE IS EQUAL, whether you're an admin, forum mod, CSI or CSO.

I think you're referring to police issuing DNRs, which I agree shouldn't be allowed. However I agree with if someone is breaking rules then they can be declared dead (Which in RP could be from the injuries or a magically appearing gunshot wound on a dead body. [provided you aren't metagamed and kicked from the police]). It comes back to the corrupt cop thing which is being slowly a form of RP not allowed by server rules or being reported to the "higher ups"

The whole server has too many forms and everything now. A form needs to be filled out for a RP/negotiated bankop , EVERY TIME someone comes into liason room (provided you're a neutral higher up) and to be honest, people pulling rank out of roleplay. It's a game, on teamspeak EVERYONE IS EQUAL, whether you're an admin, forum mod, CSI or CSO.

I think you're referring to police issuing DNRs, which I agree with. However I agree with if someone is breaking rules then they can be declared dead (Which in RP could be from the injuries or a magically appearing gunshot wound on a dead body. [provided you aren't metagamed and kicked from the police])
The Police can't place DNRs unless the player is a hacker/rulebreaker. 

This evening I am going to open up an NHS discussion teamspeak room where anyone from the server can come and have a live discussion with a GP to suggest ideas where it can't evolve into a public flame war. Please don't hesitate to speak your mind, but keep the criticism constructive! I hope to speak to some of you in half an hour or so!

Back