What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NHS Activity

I've been a medic since the 11th of May 2015 I have been an MTO and a GP in that time. I have to admit I preferred the NHS between when I first joined the NHS and first two months as GP, as it was a lot more relaxed and simple. In my opinion the NHS has become somewhat complicated and tried to be like the police instead of being itself. The biggest example is that now you have to fill in time sheets for taking things out like the hatchback sport and even students if you're an MTO. We had patrol time sheets in RTU but they were removed by Bee as most of the officers in RTU didn't like them. 

In the argument that it was a reactive to a medics breaking rules, most cases where students go out on patrol on their own it's normally due to a misunderstanding or not knowing it's against medic rules, very rarely is it that they do it despite knowing it's against medic rules. When I saw medics doing something wrong which was normally for things like reviving without role play (Which in my opinion is the worst thing a medic can do) or borderline combat reviving ect, I would ask if I could talk to them privately, and explain where they went wrong and what to do next time. These medics often went on to get a lot of recommendations and went on to be MTO's. At one point which I mentioned a lot while I was a GP that it seemed that punishments for NHS rule breaking outweigh rewarding the medics for good deeds. 

Thank you for reading,

bobmarley

And unfortunately that's why I'm not a medic.
By the looks of the forums there's probably 20-30 who've read this topic that are in the same situation.

I'm an SPC in the police, 1500+ hours on the server, I was an active First Aider when the NHS was first introduced for around 3 months (then it started to get a bit silly with all the rules coming into place which lead to me eventually quitting). I'm an accomplished pilot and can easily drive a sports hatchback.

Despite all that, the NHS still demand an interview, and make me do tests to prove I can do all those things.
Far too much work for me mate. When I've just finished a 9 hour shift at work, I'm tired... I want to have some fun. Not sit in a TS lobby waiting for someone to give me an hour long interview and talk about things I already know how to do.
Then again it would be unfair to others if certain people could just join without doing anything.

But you brought me on the idea that maybe we can have a shortened interview / training process for people who are already in the police. Maybe like if you are SPC+ you get easier into the NHS. Bit that is something we would need to discuss with the other GP' and the CMO's. Same with flying and driving Sport Hatches

So if I didn't get you wrong, you would consider joining the NHS again if it was more relaxed / less strict / fewer rules in place?
Definitly.
I love the RP chanses you get in the NHS, and it creates alot of fun.

What I thought a few weeks ago was this:
The part that I would kinda have to dedicate at least 70% of my ingame time for some weeks / months to get to sertain levels etc to be able to fly, drive sertain things made me rethink it when I was gonna apply a few weeks ago.
(This is just what I felt it would be, becouse of training, game time etc to reach sertain ranks. I might be 100% wrong in this statement, but that was what I thought it would be like after what I heard from other medics that left or still is in NHS) 

So to answer you again, yeah I would love to be able to play as NHS from time to time, without a feeling "ahh man have to log on as a medic so I dont get deleted from whitelist"
And rather just, log on, get to a patrol channel, join up with some medics in game or just take out a orca and see what I get called to.

And as I stated, I understand it is needed with sertain rules. But players should get the feeling of this is fun, rather than, cant do this, have to ask for that etc.

The little time I had in NHS was great fun, and I know alot of my rebel friends love the chanse to work as medics when they just want some casual RP without having to be the rebel.

I am going to add a suggestion about relaxing the rules. The medics in my opinion are a roleplay activity for all players to change roles (Police/Rebels/Admins/Etc...)

A senior admin took time to make an NHS admin rank so he could assist the medics, and you had a CMO/GP tell him "You are not RIR, you can't drive a sports hatch."

That senior admin was literally like "This is what's wrong with the medics, guess you do not need my help, cya."

Look guys the reason we kick people is because if you cant be bothered to log in more than once a month as nhs or cant be bothered to come to the meetings (which your informed about when you first join) then why should we be bothered to keep you in. Its not a right to be in the nhs its a privilege you earn and have to keep showing you deserve it because a lot of people invest so much time and effort into it that its not fair to people who do for someone who cant be assed to be a part of that group they worked so hard to get in and stay in. End of story. Now this stuff has been looked into and the rules have been relaxed in the past and it didnt end well so we made them strict and it has worked far better for us. Now this post inst meant to be aggressive in any way so sorry if someone takes it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look guys the reason we kick people is because if you cant be bothered to log in more than once a month as nhs or cant be bothered to come to the meetings (which your informed about when you first join) then why should we be bothered to keep you in. Its not a right to be in the nhs its a privilege you earn and have to keep showing you deserve it because a lot of people invest so much time and effort into it that its not fair to people who do for someone who cant be assed to be a part of that group they worked so hard to get in and stay in. End of story. 
And that's also why I'm not in the medics.

Real constructive there... We're trying to suggest things to increase NHS numbers here.

Stopping kicking people so regularly.

Inactive? Message them and see what they have to say.

I have spoke to multiple people who have been kicked without being told(Not mentioning names) because they havent logged in for a week for so? Like really, remember this is a game don't take it too heart.

Look guys the reason we kick people is because if you cant be bothered to log in more than once a month as nhs or cant be bothered to come to the meetings (which your informed about when you first join) then why should we be bothered to keep you in. Its not a right to be in the nhs its a privilege you earn and have to keep showing you deserve it because a lot of people invest so much time and effort into it that its not fair to people who do for someone who cant be assed to be a part of that group they worked so hard to get in and stay in. End of story. 
Ofc its a privilege, but its something evryone should get the chanse to experience. And you should not be limited becouse you have to use 2 hours to wait for a interview, then X ammount of hours ingame following a dude that might not even want you there.
It's alot of us that have been medics before. Suddenly it came people telling us what we can and cant do, when we were here to revive and roleplay.

And I mean, if you rather want to close that option for players that have work, family etc, couse they cant be on all the time. And their gametime depends on kids homework, your work shedual etc. I will say that is a huge loss for the NHS.
And if you want quality in NHS and happy medics that are inovative, brings new RP and situations, you need diffrent players.

And if you chose to be NHS, to help other members in this community when they die etc. You have a pretty good intention at least, spending your time, on helping others.
Why cant you see that insted of focusing on that 26 year old man not beeing at the meeting or online in 1 month couse he have things to do ?

Here's a constructive suggestion, make a part-time position for players who want to roleplay as a medic once in awhile. Once they pass the interview/pass the student rank, they become a part-time first aider with lax meeting/activity requirements. 

edit: Police do the same thing, with the part-time player. They can only attain SPC rank, but are not required to be active as much. 

Like a community first responder

Here's a constructive suggestion, make a part-time position for players who want to roleplay as a medic once in awhile. Once they pass the interview/pass the student rank, they become a part-time first aider with lax meeting/activity requirements. 

4 hours ago, Mycaelis said:

I would like the see the NHS rules / organisation become so much more relaxed and simplified.
I used to be an NHS medic, but tbh, all I ever wanted to do was just log on whenever I wanted and just help / RP with people.

Personally:

- I can't be bothered to go through the interview process again to become a medic. Too much effort to be frank for so little reward.
- Couldn't be bothered to attend NHS meetings every week. As it was usually the same thing, repeated over and over again every week.
- Just let me pull out a sports hatchback or a helicopter when the person is too far away. Nope, my "rank" means I was not allowed to do that.

As I mentioned before, I just want to log on, choose a nice efficient vehicle to quickly go help people. But with so many restrictions and effort involved just to even get to this point, I wonder why I even bother? Well, I didn't wander for too long as I stopped playing as a medic due to all this un-needed effort and can't be bothered to re-apply.

I know it's not the attitude the NHS is looking for, but frankly, the NHS is too convoluted and complex than it needs to be.
I just don't understand why it's not just simplified so if there is an interview, it's very basic, rules should be simplified, ranks should be simplified. 

More people might be willing to play as a medic if there were less pointless hurdles to go through to actually get to a point where it's not a pain in the arse to just log on and resurrect / help people.

EDIT:

Also, I think any SPC+ in the Police force should be given an instant invite into NHS with little or no effort an have the rank of First Aider. If they've gotten to SPC rank, then they clearly know the server, enough that they could easily do the job of a First Aider with about 5 minutes of orientation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Couldnt be put better

@GP Joel Denning

I have read thru this thread. I have seen what you are asking people to do, and i have seen alot of good suggestions.

I wanted to make one, but here is my problem, you are defending everything about the NHS ?

One person suggests, you try and tear it down by saying it aint that bad or whatnot.

Why not just let people comment theyre suggestions and keep it like that and then work from the suggestions in a meeting ?

Your answers show me, that maybe you can not change cause you like how it is  ? Still you want us to try and make it better ?

Have a nice day.

drowning helicopters
@Walt(This isn't me having a go at the NHS)

This is exactly one of my points... I remember in the old days when a First Aider could pull out a helicopter whenever he wanted if there were less than 4 medics online.
It was a simple rule and it worked back then. So many hoops and hurdles to jump through / over makes you not want to do it.
I agree, way to many branches etc. 

Waiting for an SMTO GP or CMO for hours and hours for just an interview? I am sorry but no ill pass.
So many new 'ranks'. It used to be CMO,GP,MTO and all the ranks below

No SMTO , head air rescue etc. It's been over complicated for a simple job of go somewhere, press a button and speak to someone

I am going to add a suggestion about relaxing the rules. The medics in my opinion are a roleplay activity for all players to change roles (Police/Rebels/Admins/Etc...)

A senior admin took time to make an NHS admin rank so he could assist the medics, and you had a CMO/GP tell him "You are not RIR, you can't drive a sports hatch."

That senior admin was literally like "This is what's wrong with the medics, guess you do not need my help, cya."
The medics need to get places faster (people just don't want to wait 20 minutes) and people are being shoved in groups of 3 in a regular hatchback... Things need revised.

Now for those who don't know I played as NHS for ages (I was Doctor) and I loved it. The first CMO I remember was @Walt. Everything was ran smoothly and everyone enjoyed playing as NHS. During this time loads of things were developed such as the rank system (which isn't as fancy as now, see above) Walt left after a while and HeatProofSean came in as CMO. At this point there were only 2 GPs, a bunch of active MTOs (I believe @lionel was around 39 interviews after a short while, with me about 30) and I was the only Doctor rank for a while. Everything was running fine, and we were promised air rescue helis (this is still before anyone knows of the heli DLC) , hatchback sports, new skins, psychology hospital, boats etc. People got really hyped about ranks (skipping back a bit) , air rescue helis, new hospitals but then nothing ever came. I eventually got sick of people not roleplaying with medics and got bored of the repetition of people just shouting "THANKS MEDIC" and running off. People need new things to entertain them such as the hospitals etc. Sorry for the rant but things have went downhill before I left.

Also with Branches it use to be that if you were specialized in a certain branch it meant that you had priority over that vehicle (apart from RIR where it has been that you needed a test to drive the hatchback sport), so if they came on the medic who isn't specialized in that branch they would offer the NHS Heli to the air rescue medic. Before the change I actually learnt how to fly while in the medics by a fellow GP, also when I took boats out despite not being sea rescue (there was only two sea rescue medics) it was what made me love boats in arma which made me became the head of Coastguard. 

Another thing I have agreed with a lot what has been said in this thread, however when it comes to students going on their own is another matter. It's extremely easy to revive revive people in Arma you just need to press the windows key, but makes ALUK medics different to other medics is the role play. I have had many times where students have revived me without role play, which I've said before is the worst thing a medic can do in my opinion. The reason they need to patrol with a higher ranked medic until their role play is at a good standard before they can be trusted to go on their own (Students are very similar to CSO's). 

@GP Joel Denning

I have read thru this thread. I have seen what you are asking people to do, and i have seen alot of good suggestions.

I wanted to make one, but here is my problem, you are defending everything about the NHS ?

One person suggests, you try and tear it down by saying it aint that bad or whatnot.

Why not just let people comment theyre suggestions and keep it like that and then work from the suggestions in a meeting ?

Your answers show me, that maybe you can not change cause you like how it is  ? Still you want us to try and make it better ?

Have a nice day.
The reason I defend the NHS in my comments is because I stand for it as it is, I do believe we need to be strict and I have seen it alot in the past where it was right to be strict, however I can see and I am willing to see the problems (not like others) we have in the NHS and i am willing to change it as long as it helps the NHS to be better and gve it a better reputation.

Again I am pointing out that I am willing to talk to anyone and discuss stuff with them to change the NHS to the better. Again if you want feel free to message me at any point when i am on TS to have a talk.

I can't do more than jump over my own shadow and try to change something even though I am the opinion it is right how it is, again I can see the problems we have in the NHS and I am willing to change it as long it turn the NHS to the better.

Regards

GP. Joel Denning

The issue with this topic as a whole, is clearly there is a problem and defending said problem might mean you are part of it. 

Medics are dwindling in numbers long, standing members of the community won't touch it with a 10ft pole, newer people to the server are intimidated by the daunting aspect of it, more so then the police I would say. Anyone who's commented here in this thread with a differing opinion has had their point rebuked for the worst reasons "I stand for what it is" that's nice and all, but history shows, standing by something while it fails, while noble, isn't the best course of action. 

There is things suggested in this thread that would increase the activity and bring older members back to the fold for ye. Have the balls to actually do it instead of trying to poke holes in what they say.

And before you think I'm being harsh and too mean, what you're doing now clearly isn't working, what's the harm in trying what Ash suggested?

You are showing inactivity in members and slower rate of new people coming in i can see ?

And you still think there is nothing wrong with the procedure and rules you have ?

Again, look at the suggestions from very respectable members in this community, think them over and talk about it in a meeting.

Hope this goes well for you as NHS are important part of the RP on the island.

The issue with this topic as a whole, is clearly there is a problem and defending said problem might mean you are part of it. 

Medics are dwindling in numbers long, standing members of the community won't touch it with a 10ft pole, newer people to the server are intimidated by the daunting aspect of it, more so then the police I would say. Anyone who's commented here in this thread with a differing opinion has had their point rebuked for the worst reasons "I stand for what it is" that's nice and all, but history shows, standing by something while it fails, while noble, isn't the best course of action. 

There is things suggested in this thread that would increase the activity and bring older members back to the fold for ye. Have the balls to actually do it instead of trying to poke holes in what they say.
As I said I am willing to change it and to be honest I do like some of the thing that were suggested and I know we need to change it. I will make notes of every suggestion that was made in this thread and try to bring it up at Staff meetings and see what the others think of it. However I am not in the position to just change everything which doesn't work properly. 

And again i want to thank everybody who brought up some good suggestions.

This isn't all aimed at you, more in general, why sit idly by as something fails. It's pointless.

Reading through this topic... there has been some very stupid replies to some rather nice suggestions.

I would like to personally thank everyone for their suggestions here, and I can see the logic behind most of them.

I am going to begin a plan to restructure the NHS, and will bring it up at the next GP meeting.

I will agree that the NHS has become over-complicated in certain areas, simply because I was changing a lot of things over the past few months to try to increase member retention rate.

The biggest issue we have right now is having updates implemented into the server, I could rewrite a lot of things and change the entire structure (and some plans have already been made)... but getting changes implemented is impossible right now.

A lot of the branches implemented right now are only structured the way they are because there is no way for us to have anything new added, so we recycle what we already have. The ideas behind branches would work well, if we had the specialist equipment we originally planned to add. In their current state, however... it's a lot of effort for little reward.

I'll review the joining / promotion process first... as that's what's causing some issues right now. If anyone has ideas on increasing member retention past MD without requiring game updates, just let me know. As it stands, MD = SUR = DR basically.

If anyone wants to assist with the plans for changes, or give more ideas privately, just message me on TS.

Thanks,

CMO Marc

Back