What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Rewrite Discussion

6B) You are unable to kill anyone in a blue zone (Punishment is a ban)

does this mean that the police will no longer be allowed to shoot out from within a blue zone?, as in the past police are able to do that but it will be unfair if they can do that and we get banned for killing them whilst in there?
Technically speaking, cops NEVER were allowed to use lethal ammo, it was accepted through rumour etc.

If the police have their sirens on, it's pretty obvious there going for you. When the sirens are on wouldn't rp already be initiated as your trying to escape. Cops usually use the horn or lights if they want you to pull over to ask questions. It just doesn't make any sense to not be able to shoot when their blatantly trying to catch you.

Can ARAC/ taxi drivers rp robbing, kidnapping or (maybe even) murdering the customer of they don't pay? now they can't do that they just seem like big scam/ robbery targets.

I personally believe it would make more sense if the rule about no communications when zip tied/ restrained was amended to also include while you've surrendered ( shift j'd) and comma were removed, twould make more roleplay sense

The rule about the sirens really erks me though...

3B) RDM - Random Death Match Definition:

Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban)
​The example given is not feasible especially when the person being warned (any faction) has absolutely no intention of complying and opens fire immediately.  So what would the ruling be for that person?  As far as the person being warned is concerned, RP has been initiated...

3L) Police Sirens

When the Police put on their sirens lights to pull you over to attend to a scene this doesnt mean RP has initiated on their point, if you shoot without engaging in RP then this is classed as RDM

As Dubious Penguin points out, when Police are in pursuit, you can only guess as to what their intentions are, however when it's clear they are after you and no one else... does this rule now mean it's game over?

Plenty of times, you can be on the run from police or otherwise, and a different police car joins pursuit, a car with police officers who are not part of the original chase or RP situation. Do we continue to take them out and keep running or do we stop and initiate role play again?  This ruling needs to be defined as it's open to interpretation in too many ways.

6E) You are unable to steal vehicles in a green or blue zone (Punishment is a ban)

Can we get something similar for the helipad since we are restricted to spawn heli's and store heli's in that one location only however some of the most disturbing "exploit" robberies happen there. I'm not going to go into details here but am happy to explain what I mean as people abuse the way the game mechanics work in order to rob you even though you are not in RP. Either make it a greenzone also or allow an additional place to store and spawn heli's.

Last edited by a moderator:
14B) If the police turns up do not just open fire as this is considered RDM (Punishment is a ban)
Little missing 's' I found. 

Also have few question (Maybe you should have like rules FAQ? Because some of the questions related to the rules or "can I do X" are pretty common)

1. When trying to pull someone over (as a civilian / rebel), am I allowed to cut in front of him / break / try to push him out of the road?

2. Can you use vehicles to create a road block to stop someone? 

Well this is a serious RP community and firing om a cop because hes sirens are on is not RP you know they are coming for you but we will always give you the chance to surrender. When we give the chance thats when youre clear to shoot. You cant imagine how often i used to get killed because my sirens were on but not going for the killer just was responding something else.

NHS Medic Rules:

There is nothing in there about killing medics, taking them hostage or stealing their vehicles. I assume all this is still against the rules?

@lionel

NHS Medic Rules:

There is nothing in there about killing medics, taking them hostage or stealing their vehicles. I assume all this is still against the rules?

@lionel
You used to be allowed to kill a medic if they didn't follow direct do not revive orders, if this wasn't in place they would basically be invincible of which they aren't. The vehicle taking, the lockpick script doesn't allow people to take medical vehicles so if they were stolen it would be down to the medic personally. Taking a medic hostage would allow for some great roleplay.

Well I obviously posted in the wrong place, apologies : this is a new rules suggestion.

11E) Until a patient is declared fit and well by the medic reviving, that person is protected under the same rules as medics (Cannot be taken hostage, or executed)

There was an incident the other day, that two new players caused quite a ruckus when turning up to a good ongoing role-play session (already 5 - 10 min) where a police officer was being treated, things quickly went bad when they quickly decided that he was a prime target for kidnapping, regardless of the fact we stated he cannot be moved due to medical issues, offered them money to leave him in proper care & a plethora of other valid reasons. It ended up in a formal complaint, arguments and heated discussions.

If this is to be the case then all patients are always at risk whilst being treated, this will only serve in future to damage relations between patient and doctor, and also put medics closer to the line of fire, which in turn is unfair on players risking ban reports for shooting medics in questionable situations.

The report that has triggered this, has been dropped by the other party and apologies given.

This isn't the first time this has happened and will surely not be the last.

@ - He was the mentor called in to oversee the complaint.

@Thanatos - Co-CMO

@Wilco - Big Boss Rule Man

I would hope that the rule regarding medics being shot was unintentionally missed, I would be upset if the rule regarding shooting medics was removed with intention.

I personally think medics should be able to be taken as hostage. Like Stealthee said, would make for some really good rp.

From my point of view, taking medics as hostages may give some additional RP, but frankly I think their time could be used in other places.

As a wannabe medic, I didn't imagine myself having to barter for my own life through building relationships and respect via RP, but rather having to do it when it's called for for the patient sake (i.e. getting told not to revive would be a chance to build a relationship, gain some mutual respect and possibly gain the trust to treat a patient they were previously told to leave)

This and the normal day-to-day activities of the NHS along with other unforseen events provides many opportunities for RP with medics. I fear this could open floodgates and in the end we all have to wait that little longer for our treatment. As for the protection of the patients.. well.. that's where the relationship building comes in with RP.

I personally think medics should be able to be taken as hostage. Like Stealthee said, would make for some really good rp.
Not only does kidnapping medics take them away from being able to revive people, it also puts them in situations that would put their life at risk. Gangs would then be kidnapping unarmed medics left right and center before entering firefights and bank robberies. There are rules in place to stop this on a voluntary basis as it is extremely unfair on the other party involved.

If you or your gang saw a medic being forced to revive a player you had shot during combat, you would shoot the medic as is allowed in the rules, and would be understandable. How is this fair on somebody who is not allowed to arm themselves.

Medics have no way to defend themselves and this would then mean they would need to be armed, if that is to be the case I would rather just give revive to the police and be done with it.

As it stands the medics have 0 defense against being kidnapped apart from server rules. Unless you can come up with a compelling argument and have it cleared within the confines of the nhs forum section i would request you try not to advocate for medics to be kidnapped publicly.

Not only does kidnapping medics take them away from being able to revive people, it also puts them in situations that would put their life at risk. Gangs would then be kidnapping unarmed medics left right and center before entering firefights and bank robberies.

There are rules in place to stop this on a voluntary basis as it is extremely unfair on the other party involved.

If you or your gang saw a medic being forced to revive a player you had shot during combat, you would shoot the medic as is allowed in the rules, and would be understandable. How is this fair on somebody who is not allowed to arm themselves.

Medics have no way to defend themselves and this would then mean they would need to be armed, if that is to be the case I would rather just give revive to the police and be done with it.

As it stands the medics have 0 defense against being kidnapped apart from server rules. Unless you can come up with a compelling argument and have it cleared within the confines of the nhs forum section i would request you try not to advocate for medics to be kidnapped publicly.

I don't see any good RP situations from medics being revived, at least, none that make me thing it's even remotely a good idea. We don't have guns, we can't protect ourselves with just our words. If a rebel wants to kidnap us, they will, no matter what you say to them. Eventually every medic would just get fed up of being taken hostage, and we'd get more complains that we aren't doing our jobs and reviving people. 

3H) Restraining & Zipties

If you have been restrained or Ziptied you are no longer able to use any communication to contact your friends or gang members, This includes: group chat/teamspeak/skype or any other way of communication.

4E) If you are restrained and communications have been removed you must not be active on any other forms of communications other than direct chat

Still confused about this, sorry :( @Wilco

Pc Ali, I can imagine. I was a cop for almost 6 months and that was extremely rare.

I'm talking about when it's clear the sirens are on for you, not when cops with sirens on are passing or in the vicinity

Question, is it no longer bannable to wear a press vest in combat? Cause i noticed it is no longer in the rules. Oversight or now allowed?

Question, is it no longer bannable to wear a press vest in combat? Cause i noticed it is no longer in the rules. Oversight or now allowed?
A quote from Wilco earlier in this post:

There are no rules for journalists or the old press vest rule however there are plans in the mix for a press licence.

A quote from Wilco earlier in this post:

There are no rules for journalists or the old press vest rule however there are plans in the mix for a press licence.
Oh god. I opened every page and used ctrl f for the word "press" and nothing came up =/ My laziness got me again. Thanks!

Oh god. I opened every page and used ctrl f for the word "press" and nothing came up =/ My laziness got me again. Thanks!
It happens, I think I'm the worse one because I actually remembered him mentioning something about the press vest in this post.

I should probably fill my brain with more useful information.

*sips his wine*

nah...

Back