What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Shit RP

How about the part where you were all told to leave us alone by the cops we had hostage so we could continue our RP with them (and the threats that were made to their life.) Maybe if you un mute the radio you might hear whats happening instead of trying to take people that have made it clear that we are not willing to negotiate in the middle of a road for the police hostages back.

Back on topic - Practice what you preach mate and give the facts when your going to say something.
And like I said, this wasn't a personal attack on any one person or gang, no need to turn it on me.

Breaking up the Bitching!

I hate @Khaan, Someday soon i am going to find him and bury him in a deep dark hole and punish him for what he did to me and the UNMC, this will also be extended to every member of his friends family and anyone he knows. He knows this, we have discussed it at great length. ****BUT ITS IN GAME****

We don't let this kind of RP this kind of expression of our charecter interact with the fact i count him as a good buddy. He Wins i Win its all reletive ingame we both play the game for the story not for the pew pew, it happens naturally sometimes but its a game, i take my losses with my wins and he does too, If he isn't happy about something we discuss it no reports no threats we talk.

I don't get that from many people some but not many @Samuel Thompsonas a police officer is one, @Edgar Ville In the UNMC is always in charecter no matter what is going out outside of game, I have heard the value your life thrown around today and that it only relates to police. but who knows maybe one bad experiance leads to anouther, or certain people care more about pixels on the screen and frag videos than telling a story.

I pick and choose whom I speak to ingame now for that very reason,

Why bother when you don't get the same warm fuzzy feeling back at least once in a while

Cheers

Maratek

I know our gang LS has been pretty bad at RP in the past and we have been the people doing this a lot of times but  we are getting better (I think) and I completely agree with your points Khaan. So many times the police have just refused to RP. For example one of us is being chased down in his HEMMT and he stops to get out and talk with the officer before promptly being told to put his hands up and all that with no prior RP. Then when I arrive with guns out and start trying to RP he runs away behind his car and in 30 seconds there's 2 Armed Response cars pulling up next to us. Other times it's been fairly obvious certain police officers are looking for gunfights despite the police always claiming they're sick of gunfights (which I'm sure the majority of them are). Anyway that's just my view, thank you for bringing this up.

Breaking up the Bitching!

I hate @Khaan, Someday soon i am going to find him and bury him in a deep dark hole and punish him for what he did to me and the UNMC, this will also be extended to every member of his friends family and anyone he knows. He knows this, we have discussed it at great length. ****BUT ITS IN GAME****

We don't let this kind of RP this kind of expression of our charecter interact with the fact i count him as a good buddy. He Wins i Win its all reletive ingame we both play the game for the story not for the pew pew, it happens naturally sometimes but its a game, i take my losses with my wins and he does too, If he isn't happy about something we discuss it no reports no threats we talk.

I don't get that from many people some but not many @Samuel Thompsonas a police officer is one, @Edgar Ville In the UNMC is always in charecter no matter what is going out outside of game, I have heard the value your life thrown around today and that it only relates to police. but who knows maybe one bad experiance leads to anouther, or certain people care more about pixels on the screen and frag videos than telling a story.

I pick and choose whom I speak to ingame now for that very reason,

Why bother when you don't get the same warm fuzzy feeling back at least once in a while

Cheers

Maratek

You, sir, are a gentleman, and I thank you for it. It is always a pleasure to meet you in-game and out for that matter. 

I do plead with the gentlemen posting on this thread to not make it personal between gangs and individuals and I do hope that we can take any constructive criticism about RP that people may or may not have been a part of. Keep it clean gents.

I know our gang LS has been pretty bad at RP in the past and we have been the people doing this a lot of times but  we are getting better (I think) and I completely agree with your points Khaan. So many times the police have just refused to RP. For example one of us is being chased down in his HEMMT and he stops to get out and talk with the officer before promptly being told to put his hands up and all that with no prior RP. Then when I arrive with guns out and start trying to RP he runs away behind his car and in 30 seconds there's 2 Armed Response cars pulling up next to us. Other times it's been fairly obvious certain police officers are looking for gunfights despite the police always claiming they're sick of gunfights (which I'm sure the majority of them are). Anyway that's just my view, thank you for bringing this up.
If this is occuring i suggest you inform the person that is doing it and tell him/her that she/he needs to be more co-operative with people that he pulls over so she/he knows what to improve on next time as a lot of police officers are still learning and need to be informed if they are doing anything wrong. I have seen this with some officers i have been on patrol with and i informed them that they should be more gentle with their approach and ask them "How is their day" , and to inform them who they are and why we are pulling them over today and then they have learnt from that and approached with a more respectable manner to the person they are pulling over instead of saying "Put your hands up" unless its a situation when it is needed e.g multiple rebels in cars that have shot at officers. The best thing to do as i have said before is to just tell them what they are doing wrong so they dont do it again or if its becoming recurring make a complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been a series of terrible RP recently. I enjoy talking with people, and sorting things out without violence.

Just today, we had a terrible example of RP and some great RP one after the other, all in the same place - HM Treasury.

The first lot took Police hostage, refused negotiations, and said that they would shoot the hostages if anyone who came close. They then proceeded to bring a Hemtt truck and a Tempest in the bank to get more gold. They even had the gall to sell their gold whilst we were talking to them, which took a lot of convincing! The whole situation was not 'role-play' but pure 'gun-play' - none of the cops involved enjoyed it in the slightest.

Ten minutes or so later, another notification that the Treasury was about to be robbed - it turned out to be a guy who was just fixing the A/C and gas pipes! Had there been any gold left in the vault, we'd have let him have one or two bars for the sheer enjoyment.

Once he was gone, an elderly gentleman who was hard of sight turned up, trying to post a letter. My CSO and I helped him into our car, and took him to the Kavala post office to post his letter - I think his son might be a terrorist, though ...

It just goes to show the difference. I thoroughly enjoyed the latter two situations BECAUSE IT'S WHAT I CAME HERE TO DO! I didn't come to get a load of gunfights, or just to arrest people - I came to RP with people in different situations. Convince me that the weed in your truck is actually grass clippings that you are taking to the dump, and I might just let you get away with it. I'm very lenient when it comes to people who actually RP properly, but it's the people who either don't or can't RP that cause no end of frustration.

At the end of the day, this is just a game! Who cares if you have millions in the bank? I wish I did so that I could buy that jet, but do you know what I would do with that jet? You guessed it - RP! Whether it be through hiring myself out to do fly-bys or the like, or call a 'Mayday' in to the Police and see if we can't get me landed safely.

I'm here to RP. To relax. To have fun.

I hope you're here to do the same.

Yep, same thing happens everyday for the Police. Pull someone over for having a 350K Bounty, gives a ticket with a good RP story (for once) and then as soon as he pays the tickets, it is
"Right, I have snipers on the hill, let me go and let me drive off and don't follow me or you will die." 
Or "Hands up or die"
Or "Put your hands up" *Puts hands up* *gets ziptied* "OK, now I want you to put your GPS and radio in the car. Well... I have my hands ziptied so how is this possible?
All rebels want is a gunfight, don't care if it is gonna cause a drama or not. It is my opinion, and it is true. People can't keep shying away from the things that are correct. Rebels don't roleplay, they provide awful RP for those who are giving good, and ruin everything by taking an officer by hostage or robbing them. All they want to do is have a gunfight, get killed and have another one, win, have another one, loose, have another one. That is all it is. Rebels have never thought about doing kind things for people, except for the very few gangs, that 4%. Obviously they want to make money, however you need to stop throwing things out of your pram when you are getting pulled over by Police. They are a sore looser, they get restrained and the simple things go wrong. 

Most gangs know what they are doing, some don't RP, some wern't RPing before but now are. We need to bring gangs back to school. I have said this before and I will say it again, if Police get lots of training and provide good RP, don't RDM or VDM, don't break any rules except for the odd few, then why can random people start a gang, which has poor RP, and not get trained at all. Rebels need to go to school, get some education of how to play on the server because it is a massive low, and rebels are 95% of the issue. Not scared of saying it!

There has been a series of terrible RP recently. I enjoy talking with people, and sorting things out without violence.

Just today, we had a terrible example of RP and some great RP one after the other, all in the same place - HM Treasury.

The first lot took Police hostage, refused negotiations, and said that they would shoot the hostages if anyone who came close. They then proceeded to bring a Hemtt truck and a Tempest in the bank to get more gold. They even had the gall to sell their gold whilst we were talking to them, which took a lot of convincing! The whole situation was not 'role-play' but pure 'gun-play' - none of the cops involved enjoyed it in the slightest.

Ten minutes or so later, another notification that the Treasury was about to be robbed - it turned out to be a guy who was just fixing the A/C and gas pipes! Had there been any gold left in the vault, we'd have let him have one or two bars for the sheer enjoyment.

Once he was gone, an elderly gentleman who was hard of sight turned up, trying to post a letter. My CSO and I helped him into our car, and took him to the Kavala post office to post his letter - I think his son might be a terrorist, though ...

It just goes to show the difference. I thoroughly enjoyed the latter two situations BECAUSE IT'S WHAT I CAME HERE TO DO! I didn't come to get a load of gunfights, or just to arrest people - I came to RP with people in different situations. Convince me that the weed in your truck is actually grass clippings that you are taking to the dump, and I might just let you get away with it. I'm very lenient when it comes to people who actually RP properly, but it's the people who either don't or can't RP that cause no end of frustration.

At the end of the day, this is just a game! Who cares if you have millions in the bank? I wish I did so that I could buy that jet, but do you know what I would do with that jet? You guessed it - RP! Whether it be through hiring myself out to do fly-bys or the like, or call a 'Mayday' in to the Police and see if we can't get me landed safely.

I'm here to RP. To relax. To have fun.

I hope you're here to do the same.
I hear that the police were all very happy when we negotiated let you stall and you won 4 v 20 but didn't then like it when we come back with hostages to take it by force ? Seeing the issue here ? No complaints when you win through using your guns but only when you lose. Refusing negotiations isn't quite correct either (it was us in invictia if you haven't caught on.) We tried to tell the police to back off when we had 6 police hostages (yes 6) and then they decide to spike and tase one of our guys after being told the hostages life was in danger and to let him go. So we change our plan completely and go to the HM with the remaining hostages and take the gold along with giving them some for the inconvenience. You actually valued their life this time so well done for not coming to the HM however once again your whining here with half the story instead of asking or talking to the other party claiming shit RP. The shit RP was when the police decided to ignore what was being said by us in favor of shooting and arresting us starting a gunfight ruining the RP we were having with our hostages (prior to the HM.)

For the record if you wish to discuss incidents that could be done better giving some half assed explanation without the facts on the forums is not the right way to go about it. Contact the people involved enquirer a little into what happened and you might be surprised by what you hear from the other side instead of what you see from just your side.

So it's that time of year again Huh? Damn it seemed like yesterday but guess it has been a while. 

Time for the yearly Cops experience bad RP from rebels rant, and both sides shout until no resolve is found.

All ill say is this:

It's a role play server. We are rebels. we are here to role play as rebels. Rebels don't like the police, getting caught nor do they enjoy tickets. Rebels are powerful and do like to flash there big guns and shooting abilities. Therefore when rebels decide to shoot instead of being discovered/getting ticketed, they are officially role playing as a rebel. and guess what? THATS REBEL ROLEPLAY! Who would have guessed?

this is an absolute brilliant point and im glad you brought it up.

been a cop is fun i aint gonna lie but now all it is now is    police been taking hostage   the hm treasury   or just constant gunfights

what i think we need more than anything is a character wipe.

i know that sounds annoying but it would help start the RP Back up again then instead of constant gunfights, i joined the cops not for constant gunfights but mostly for just some simple Roleplay, Basic traffic stops, ticketing people ect.

but now its just starting to get repetitive now we need some new stuff to do i still love the server its all i pretty much play but we need to bring back the more intense Roleplay that we all know and love.

the police can barely do there jobs now because most gangs outnumber and outgun cops i think a wipe is really what we need.

just a thought

still love the server though

- Custard Cream <3 

Rebels don't like the police, getting caught nor do they enjoy tickets.
... You made a valid point before, but to the part which I just quoted;
Rebels don't like the police, and the Police don't like getting RDMed or simple situations going wrong. Rebels may not enjoy tickets, but Police don't enjoy Rebels who don't want to RP. Do we have to force RPing for rebels now? That's what it seems like anyway

@FergussWhat are you whacking on about?

We are role playing... as a rebel. Do you know what the term roleplaying is? It means to do and say as the character you are playing as. we are roleplaying as a rebel. 

Why don't you walk up to one of ISIS's regime and ask him if he would like to talk. See where it leads. ( Extreme example. ) Noone is RDMing you, you are getting warned that if you continue to persue said rebel, you will die. You persue or continue to question them... And die.

Here's also a little thing:

Rebels / gang cartels are meant to be feared to the point that police / authorities DO NOT approach them anymore, they just don't. 

Alot of cops say ( when seeing said rebels ) " Naah, lets not bother chasing them.. It's just gonna lead too poor RP and a gunfight. " 

In otherwords " Naah lets not Persue them, it's going to lead too a gunfight where we get slaughtered by their gang ".  Which is exactly what a rebel should be viewed as, he's role playing correctly. Maybe half the cop force needs to take some drama lessons and learn how to stay in character? Because talking their way out of a ONE MILLION KILL SPREE TICKET with an MK1 In the back whilst in Rebel uniform is pretty shitty acting / roleplay hahaha.

We are role playing... as a rebel. Do you know what the term roleplaying is? It means to do and say as the character you are playing as. we are roleplaying as a rebel. 

Why don't you walk up to one of ISIS's regime and ask him if he would like to talk. See where it leads. ( Extreme example. ) Noone is RDMing you, you are getting warned that if you continue to persue said rebel, you will die. You persue or continue to question them... And die.

Rebels / gang cartels are meant to be feared to the point that police / authorities DO NOT approach them anymore, they just don't. 

Alot of cops say ( when seeing said rebels ) " Naah, lets not bother chasing them.. It's just gonna lead too poor RP and a gunfight. " 

In otherwords " Naah lets not Persue them, it's going to lead too a gunfight where we get slaughtered by their gang ".  Which is exactly what a rebel should be viewed as, he's role playing correctly. Maybe half the cop force needs to take some drama lessons and learn how to stay in character? Because talking their way out of a ONE MILLION KILL SPREE TICKET with an MK1 In the back whilst in Rebel uniform is pretty shitty acting / roleplay hahaha.

I think your interpretation of Rebel is different to what i believe the server is about, And i am at work so i am unable to elaborate, I'll give it a go when i get home.

@Maratek

I don't believe it is bud. Don't get me wrong, i love RP, when i have a clean bounty and im not carrying one of the most lethal weaponry in human history in my hands i'd be happy to Role play with any police force or player. But when i'm robbing a fucking gold treasury, or being persued for killing 6 cops, stealing 2 vehicles, multiple house robberies and kidnapping citizens, the last thing needed is RP. It would actually be FAIL RP if i or the cops were happy to talk about it. Infact, if we were to role play properly i'd be shot in sight. 

However agreed that would be shite, and so instead we have initiation. This server is supposed to be serious role play, Y'all and the entire cop service complains when rebels enjoy role playing as rebels, then get told they are doing it wrong when infact they are roleplaying perfect as a fucking rebel.

But this shite happens regularly, with complaints etc. i've been in the police in places and very shortly on this server and im STILL against all this crap.

ISIS have nothing to do with this.. That is real life, this is meant to simulate real life, you wouldn't walk up to them and ask, "Hey, have you read the rules?" And "Submit an unban appeal for RDM". 
I know I have said this as a rebel, but rebels arn't rebels. They are normal civillians with some scarier clothes on and a large weapon. They arn't a faction, they are civilians. And what do (most) civs do? Like to RP and have fun. 

Do you know what the term roleplaying is
And you think that I don't? Why would I come to a server that has high RP standards and join the Police and NHS? That is a pretty poor question..

we are roleplaying as a rebel.
*Some* We can't think of real life, because that is useless. Most rebels roleplay decently, not the best but at least it isn't boring. Some want to RP but find it difficult to, which is fine. And then some who don't RP at all. If people are roleplaying as a rebel, I am very concerned.
And ask yourself this, if they are playing as rebel, why do they get banned? Surely the staff team wouldn't use the ban hammer if they were 'Roleplaying' as rebel?

You have just highlighted the major problem that our server faces. @Maratekhinted at it.

The misinterpretation of the word 'Rebel'.

The ONLY rebels on our server are the UNMC. The are an organized REBELLION against HM Government.

Everyone else is either a CIVILIAN or a CRIMINAL.

Altis is meant to be a law abiding island, where criminals are in the minority, and the police are the ruling body. THAT is the ROLE you should be PLAYING. You want to be a rebel who stands up to the police? Join the UNMC. Otherwise, in a straight fight, the criminals are meant to lose. It's not meant to be an easy life for you, where you can just do what you want when you want to: this isn't Mexico, for example, but a British Dependency where Her Majesty reigns.

Your role is to either be a law abiding citizen, or to avoid detection by the police and try to outsmart them. Going against the Police in open war IS FAIL RP.

@Ferguss

Mate you're on about RDM, we don't RDM. we warn you to politely " fuck off " or be shot. and you ignore the warning, then get shot. I'm clearly not open to discussing the ticket that relates to 5 Cop murders and possession of a lethal MK1 Sniper. But w/e.

Also none of the rebels get banned. the only reason i've seen rebels be banned over these years is because people are just annoyed they died / cops all complain in large numbers. ( because they are " outnumbered and outgunned " ). I don't agree with the way people are banned, or for the reasons they are. But i can't do much about that, so i have nothing to say on it.

Yep, same thing happens everyday for the Police. Pull someone over for having a 350K Bounty, gives a ticket with a good RP story (for once) and then as soon as he pays the tickets, it is
"Right, I have snipers on the hill, let me go and let me drive off and don't follow me or you will die." 
Or "Hands up or die"
Or "Put your hands up" *Puts hands up* *gets ziptied* "OK, now I want you to put your GPS and radio in the car. Well... I have my hands ziptied so how is this possible?
All rebels want is a gunfight, don't care if it is gonna cause a drama or not. It is my opinion, and it is true. People can't keep shying away from the things that are correct. Rebels don't roleplay, they provide awful RP for those who are giving good, and ruin everything by taking an officer by hostage or robbing them. All they want to do is have a gunfight, get killed and have another one, win, have another one, loose, have another one. That is all it is. Rebels have never thought about doing kind things for people, except for the very few gangs, that 4%. Obviously they want to make money, however you need to stop throwing things out of your pram when you are getting pulled over by Police. They are a sore looser, they get restrained and the simple things go wrong. 

Most gangs know what they are doing, some don't RP, some wern't RPing before but now are. We need to bring gangs back to school. I have said this before and I will say it again, if Police get lots of training and provide good RP, don't RDM or VDM, don't break any rules except for the odd few, then why can random people start a gang, which has poor RP, and not get trained at all. Rebels need to go to school, get some education of how to play on the server because it is a massive low, and rebels are 95% of the issue. Not scared of saying it!
You opened yourself to a good backlash now

@KadenGood backlash? Naah it happens every 3 months or so, some random cop starts complaining alongside others because they keep dying in gunfights... Nothing really new in his posts to be honest.

Back