What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NVMe not detected!

OK SO. I HAD SOME SPARE TIME SO I RESEATED THE SSD AND IT IS NOW SHOWING IN THE "INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY" SECTION OF MY BIOS, BUT NOWHERE ELSE. IT IS UNDER "NON RAID PHYSICAL DISKS".

WHAT NEXT

OK SO. I HAD SOME SPARE TIME SO I RESEATED THE SSD AND IT IS NOW SHOWING IN THE "INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY" SECTION OF MY BIOS, BUT NOWHERE ELSE. IT IS UNDER "NON RAID PHYSICAL DISKS".

WHAT NEXT
Anything shown under Device Manager in windows, or Disk Management? Right click on 'My Computer' and click on 'Manage' the goto disk management. See if it shows up, if it's there it'll likely ask you to create a partition on it.

Anything shown under Device Manager in windows, or Disk Management? Right click on 'My Computer' and click on 'Manage' the goto disk management. See if it shows up, if it's there it'll likely ask you to create a partition on it.
Nope, nothing.

Doesn't even show as boot option in  bios

Nope, nothing.

Doesn't even show as boot option in  bios
You should have a key sequence to go into Intel Rapid storage during boot, like ctrl+I or something, what do you see under there. Take photos, whatsapp them to me!

You should have a key sequence to go into Intel Rapid storage during boot, like ctrl+I or something, what do you see under there. Take photos, whatsapp them to me!
PM me your number xD

Is this case cracked?! Has Daanish managed to work out the Bios settings for NVMe boot? Check back tomorrow for the next installment of NVME NOT DETECTEDDDDDDDDDD!

12640272_10153791212241136_8482062611151675714_o.jpg

>mfw I see this

>mfw when I cry

>ssd no work still :(

BUT to be honest, my new PC boots up 20x faster on HDD than my old PC on HDD. ITS LIKE HAVING AN SSD WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING ONE!!!

>mfw I see this

>mfw when I cry

>ssd no work still :(

BUT to be honest, my new PC boots up 20x faster on HDD than my old PC on HDD. ITS LIKE HAVING AN SSD WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING ONE!!!
Kapitalist alert,

one does not simply afford SSD

1 Tb 7200 RPM HDD ftw сука

Ok, so,

I can install windows to the SSD, but only if the HDD is unplugged. Should I go ahead with the installation? Because if I do, windows will still be on my HDD, and that might fuck things up as in the boot options there is no option to boot to my SSD... Only Windows boot manager

When installing windows, I tend to remove every other drive just to be on the safe side, Then once its on, plug the other drives back in.

It should also automatically boot from that drive if nothing else is installed, post pics of your drive boot priority screen.

When installing windows, I tend to remove every other drive just to be on the safe side, Then once its on, plug the other drives back in.

It should also automatically boot from that drive if nothing else is installed, post pics of your drive boot priority screen.
Pics currently, or after installing to SSD? 

Also as per Zeito's suggestion, I am going to install to the SSD and then format the HDD.

Ok, so,

I can install windows to the SSD, but only if the HDD is unplugged. Should I go ahead with the installation? Because if I do, windows will still be on my HDD, and that might fuck things up as in the boot options there is no option to boot to my SSD... Only Windows boot manager
If your unable to get it to boot from the M.2 drive for the installation, then pics of your bios setting would be useful, or am I misunderstanding you ?

Yes Zeito is quite right in the order of process, remove your current drive (unplug the sata cable is enough), Install windows to the M.2 drive, then plug your old drive back in Ensure windows is booting from the M.2 Drive and format you old drive in windows, after copying any files you may wish to keep.

If your unable to get it to boot from the M.2 drive for the installation, then pics of your bios setting would be useful, or am I misunderstanding you ?

Yes Zeito is quite right in the order of process, remove your current drive (unplug the sata cable is enough), Install windows to the M.2 drive, then plug your old drive back in Ensure windows is booting from the M.2 Drive and format you old drive in windows, after copying any files you may wish to keep.
Can't send pics at the moment, but:

I can boot from USB to install OS to the SSD, but in general, there is no option to boot to SSD. Either way I'll try installing to SSD and see if it then lets me :)

Good stuff @GP. Daanish! Nothing a bit of back'n'forth over whatsapp cant solve!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.

Fuck.

My wireless adapter doesn't support windows 10! *sigh*/. Guess I gotta get another one now :(

Well.

Fuck.

My wireless adapter doesn't support windows 10! *sigh*/. Guess I gotta get another one now :(
You are one toplol after another! 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WN881ND-300Mbps-Wireless-Express/dp/B006BSPTAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1454003499&sr=1-1&keywords=pci-e+wireless+network+card+windows+10

£13.99

I got one of those for my Housemate sPC when i built it, he gets better speeds than I do over homeplugs - so i'll be getting myself one of them soon! Pair it with some High-Gain antennas for even better range (if required) like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfa-9dBi-Booster-OMNI-Directional-High-Gain/dp/B003284472/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454003566&sr=8-2&keywords=high-gain+antenna+wifi

£9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Back