What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NVMe not detected!

Daanish

Tom is a good lad | Retired Staff
Unlinked
Hi all, I really need some help!

I put together my new PC (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gM2VjX) but am having some issues!

For some reason, the 950 pro isn't being detected by windows, nor my BIOS. I set all the correct settings to M.2 instead of sata, except the boot settings as I can't actually edit them.

I updated my BIOS to the latest version, but still no avail.

I've had to install Windows onto my HDD for now, which is annoying :(.

PLEASE HELP!

@lionel

@Zeito

Hi all, I really need some help!

I put together my new PC (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gM2VjX) but am having some issues!

For some reason, the 950 pro isn't being detected by windows, nor my BIOS. I set all the correct settings to M.2 instead of sata, except the boot settings as I can't actually edit them.

I updated my BIOS to the latest version, but still no avail.

I've had to install Windows onto my HDD for now, which is annoying :(.

PLEASE HELP!

@lionel

@Zeito
Did you plug it in?

OK, so I tried to switch from Sata express to m.2 in bios, and when I clicked save and exit my PC just turns off, and tries to restart. After a few secs it just turns off again and repeats until I press and hold the power button. When I rechecked the setting it had gone back to sata express.

I  think it is inserted correctly. I'll take it out and reseat it tomorrow if I have time.

The problem is that my motherboard isn't detecting it. I already updated my bios AND rapid storage technology drivers. As I said before, I switched from Sata express to m.2 in config in bios, but as soon as I click save, my PC powers off and doesn't actually save. I already have windows 10 installed onto the HDD

Not all M.2 drives have the NVME spec, I did state that earlier, You may want to check that your m.2 drive is NVME and not sata.

Not all M.2 drives have the NVME spec, I did state that earlier, You may want to check that your m.2 drive is NVME and not sata.
PC part picker said it was fine. I'll check online. The mobo is disabling the first sata port, which is meant to happen if you have an m.2 plugged in

PC part picker said it was fine. I'll check online. The mobo is disabling the first sata port, which is meant to happen if you have an m.2 plugged in
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1873181

Reading here it looks like you may need to check in the Intel RS/Raid mgmt bios for your m.2/nvme drive? do you see anything there perhaps?

I can't remember if my drives (mechanical) managed by intel raid show up in my bios - ASUS Maximus Ranger VII. In fact, I've never even gotten into the intel raid on that board (array is actually in deep shit atm and needs pulled down), it picked up the config from my old PC.

he wont be able to activate it in raid if the pc is freezing on boot.

he wont be able to activate it in raid if the pc is freezing on boot.
Oh yeah. @GP. DaanishI'm not too clued in on setting up m.2 nvme drives, but i would imagine that SataExpress wouldnt be the right option if it's not using the sata express port?

If you remove the m.2 drive and set the bios to m.2, does it still do the boot loop?

Oh yeah. @GP. DaanishI'm not too clued in on setting up m.2 nvme drives, but i would imagine that SataExpress wouldnt be the right option if it's not using the sata express port?

If you remove the m.2 drive and set the bios to m.2, does it still do the boot loop?
The PC boots fine, however the problems occur when I try to switch the onboard config to m.2 from sata. It didn't happen before... Perhaps either you or @lionel can help me on TS later

Huh.... Doesn't crash when I save for changing other options...

Tomorrow Night i can make some time if ya like ?
Sounds good. 

Also seems this guy has a similar problem, and the comment section was helpful

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

for tonight. please cold you grab

• phone / tablet stand with space in front of your monitor
  • torch
need to pop out at 6:00pm and again at 7:00pm, should be on around 7:30ish.

for tonight. please cold you grab

• phone / tablet stand with space in front of your monitor
  • torch
need to pop out at 6:00pm and again at 7:00pm, should be on around 7:30ish.
Can probably do all except the stand xD, and I'll try to be on at 7:30 too.

Also, I probably won't be able to unscrew it and re plug it in over skype., I'll see if I can do that before hand.

EDIT: Ok, turns out I have a lot more work to do than intended, so tonight isn't really a good night to do this. Can we reschedule for later this week, or if not the weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back