What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Investor - Long Term Goal / Premium Domain

@Brad I am unsure what you think this community is about but we don't hire anyone... also its against Bohemia's terms for anyone to accept payment or for us to offer payment in terms of coding.

Yes we are keeping everyone in the dark, Our code our ideas regularly get copied and used so this time we are making new features, changing the experience of Altis Life all plugged into our own framework, Until its ready and the weeks leading up until launch you will keep on knowing nothing and that is our decision

In the past we have also been moaned at for over hyping things well this time the only hype there should be is that a new framework built around performance is on the way.

Ciaran loves being the only developer... infact he as said a few times he would hate someone else working with him right now on anything big hes doing, Once the framework is out he may add someone on board and add some structure as plugins get developed for it.

If you don't like how the server is then leave! .... The framework is coming if you cannot wait until then, then simply leave in the meantime, You making the decision to play, We have communicated that there will be no further updates to our current framework.

Again your going massively off topic in a post that was made to speak about the domain only.

The domain will happen either way if we find funding for it or if we have to go down another avenue, To be clear two very different subjects that will both happen as part of our long term vision.

Don't take this wrong, but please don't try and make your own game, never ends well. 

Example: http://www.pcgamer.com/yogscast-cancel-kickstarter-backed-yogventures-say-its-failure-is-a-deep-regret/
Its a pondered thought, like i said who knows what the future holds, the main task is getting a long term home for the community/forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I believe making a game should be just an idea. Purchasing a studio out to make what is likely to be a mediocre game should be kept until way in the future.

Still, I agree with what the other guy is saying of possibly giving us some more info on the framework. As at the moment I am not excited for the framework, all I want is the crashes to stop xD

@Karl Marx and they will... If your a long time Arma 3 player then you know that every other update breaks the server for a few weeks.

1.54 is no exception and there is a serverside memory leak, They have said there working on it and it usually takes a few attempts so until then we just need to wait.

In terms of the framework I have explained our position on that above but again this topic is not about the framework.

Would it be possible to get a group of people like 2-10 members and all of them putting the money together for this and that could count as a "investor"?

Also, I believe making a game should be just an idea. 
We have no plans to do it, it is just an idea. Literally no planning has happened for it, all we have done is think where the future of ALUK could go, which is the main purpose for this post, to secure a future once Altis Life is no longer popular, and there are better games to go onto. The name Altis Life is extremely specific, and it will stay Altis Life for the time that Altis Life is still popular. We have no intentions to put this domain as the main domain, or rebrand any time soon. This domain is simply securing some sort of future for the community going forward.

Would it be possible to get a group of people like 2-10 members and all of them putting the money together for this and that could count as a "investor"?
Well that could be a plan

The latest email is that the company will kindly accept an installment plan of £2500 upfront - £1250 6 months - £1250 12 months

I can manage the installments so I will personally pay £1250 at month 6 and month 12 meaning my investment is 2.5k to give back to this community

So we are now looking for the initial payment only of £2.5k which hopefully will be doable if a number of people kindly got together.

We have no plans to do it, it is just an idea. Literally no planning has happened for it, all we have done is think where the future of ALUK could go, which is the main purpose for this post, to secure a future once Altis Life is no longer popular, and there are better games to go onto. The name Altis Life is extremely specific, and it will stay Altis Life for the time that Altis Life is still popular. We have no intentions to put this domain as the main domain, or rebrand any time soon. This domain is simply securing some sort of future for the community going forward.
Well... apart from the domain will have a small blog on to start with linking to these forums and sharing your videos and goings on to start getting some ranking on the domain for the day we do switch in a few years time.

If Tanoa is a map we can use and we add any other maps then the switch might happen a bit sooner but only if there is a decrease in google traffic for Altis Life, Again not anytime soon and as @Brad fails to understand the framework remains priority and has even been worked on tonight with a possibility of another map editor joining the team.

(Just to add to Ciaran's Post)

@Wilco, will the new domain link directly to this site, or is there going to be a new site altogether with links to different servers/forums (sort of like 1 main page, linking to AltisLife.co.uk, Tanoa.co.uk etc)?

Edit:

Dependant on Tanoa being a usable map, and possible branching out to other games and servers

@Wilco

I mean no offence/harm by this but it really is hard to understand what your priorities are when we don't get told anything other than 'you'll understand when it comes', for all most people in the community know the framework could have been started yesterday and wont be out until 2017. We're all kept in the dark and its difficult to keep being excited over something that could come out in 6 weeks or in 6 months. There's nothing new under the sun and as soon as you release the framework no doubt any ideas will be stolen and implemented into other servers so I don't really see the problem with keeping people in the loop and giving some small sneaky peaks into what to expect or even something like announcing who will be running the UNMC that we had the applications for a month or two ago.

@Brad We decided not to give sneak peaks at this stage, I feel like i am going in circles here so end of that off topic conversation please.

@Wilco, will the new domain link directly to this site, or is there going to be a new site altogether with links to different servers/forums (sort of like 1 main page, linking to AltisLife.co.uk, Tanoa.co.uk etc)?

Edit:

Dependant on Tanoa being a usable map, and possible branching out to other games and servers
Good Question!

The end goal would be to drop AltisLife.co.uk and link it to the new domain (nearly typed it then) so these forums would simply have a logo change and a new home.

We will then have an identity we can work on making known and roll out across many platforms if and when needed.

@Wilco Well it's up to you obviously but all I was trying to get across to you is an opinion that quite a few members of the community have. But I guess we can agree to disagree as it's your community after all.

To be honest, I don't see the problem, I think the server is just trying to become as big as possible? Isn't that the aim, the donation is voluntary so it's not like anyone is being forced, if I was a 15 year old on £20 a week I would happily donate aha

@Brad Again your very incorrect its not my community, its our community, I cannot help feel your hijacking a thread about doing something awesome and getting us a long term future here just because your not enjoying the servers currently.

Again its all off topic, Create a post about it with those "few members" as they have been very silent so far, Please refrain about discussing in this thread about the framework going forward & anything not domain or long term related.

stay on topic boys
nt7rqbg.png

AeK2AsQ.png

3ApLXkF.gif

summarised ,you're welcome 

I actually thought about selling my main PC just to donate some of the cash towards this goal (was already going to sell it as i need a car). I'll be sure to throw some cash in once i have a stable source of income. Nuff Said. (I don't want to waffle on that's all)

I think , if this is going provide a concrete guarantee of longevity then its worth what ever the price, once we get a proper name  domain we can expand to other games and platforms, let face it, arma is good but it ain't going to last forever, like for example, what happens if arma 4 is based on a different island? I shall be putting some money towards this in January , can't afford it all but I'll try donate a couple hundred

Oh it will... I wouldn't be going after a domain of this price if i didn't think it would not take this community into the future (lifetime) and give it something that will set it miles apart from any other community.

There is no rush but the faster we secure it (2.5k upfront) the faster i can start paying the other 2.5k off and get this into our hands away from potential domain snatchers :p

just want to say a huge thanks to Wilco. I've read through all of these posts and can understand almost everyone's point of view, even Brads. However everyone arguing etc has literally skipped over the fact that wilco has just said he's paying 2.5k for this community alone to continue... Wilco clearly does not believe in the fact that money should gain anything like this, but damn. He's running this community along with the developers, and keeping us all afloat and is making ZERO profit, and has now just said he's basically giving 2.5K back to that very community. I don't know much about the developers or wilco but we should definitely all be bloody grateful, and that has 100% gained my support/respect.

Back