What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Investor - Long Term Goal / Premium Domain

I've been playing on these community servers for a couple of weeks now, and have been thinking of making donations (Nothing massive, apprenticeship wages suck). Would the donations from the regular donation page also go to this, or shall I do something else?

I would say then that it is unlikely that you wont get these donations, but I have seen some of the stuff some of these community members have pulled off and I wouldn't put it past them to come up with this kind of money :)
@Jimmyy maybe... however it is a lot of money, If we make it then we will all see the benefits for many many years to come, If we don't then fine we will look elsewhere (other less preimum domains) but dont say i didn't try!

@Jimmyy maybe... however it is a lot of money, If we make it then we will all see the benefits for many many years to come, If we don't then fine we will look elsewhere (other less preimum domains) but dont say i didn't try!
Its a shame altis.life is already taken. And not being used for anything to do with a server...

I've been playing on these community servers for a couple of weeks now, and have been thinking of making donations (Nothing massive, apprenticeship wages suck). Would the donations from the regular donation page also go to this, or shall I do something else?
Regular donations fund our 4 dedicated servers and licences for the forum software and teamspeak licence - and any other expenses or licences we decide to get.

If you cannot afford much then i recommend you dont donate or make a very small donation, Real life before Altis Life :)

I can see it in PCGamer now: "Altis life to be renamed Alphabet Life."

I'll consider this in a couple of months. Now isn't the time to be handing over a sum of money, my girlfriend's too expensive over christmas. I'd like to know the domain though.

Regular donations fund our 4 dedicated servers and licences for the forum software and teamspeak licence - and any other expenses or licences we decide to get.

If you cannot afford much then i recommend you dont donate or make a very small donation, Real life before Altis Life :)

I have some money that I can throw around, I'll probably just stick to the reguar donating as it won't be large enough to contribute towards the new doman.

Best of luck with it! 

Owen

Stop arguing please and just keep on topic, If you have something constructive to say go ahead! Just don't start arguing. Keep the thread clean!  :)

I think this can be very beneficial to the community, although I am not in the financial position to invest. I wish you the best of luck with this venture.

if there was any way to secure the community future beyond Arma 3, your own game would do it for sure, would it be a serious RP syle like Altis or steered in a different direction?

To be honest in my opinion I don't really feel the focus should be spending 5 grand on a new name for the community but instead on getting the framework released because it's been like 6 months since it was announced and in all honesty playing the server is more of a chore than fun nowadays.

Instead of looking for a investor, why don't we just add a separate donation goal, to be achieved maybe in 3 months or something?

To be honest in my opinion I don't really feel the focus should be spending 5 grand on a new name for the community but instead on getting the framework released because it's been like 6 months since it was announced and in all honesty playing the server is more of a chore than fun nowadays.
Framework/Domains are different subjects so a rather off topic reply.

I do wonder how much coding do you think goes domain ?... Thats right Zero! a different department if you like of Altis Life UK and different staff looking at it.

The framework is a big task and like we said there is no timeframe, its being worked on daily and when it arrives you will discover why it took as long as it did, If its a chore then stop playing and come back at a later date ?

Instead of looking for a investor, why don't we just add a separate donation goal, to be achieved maybe in 3 months or something?
That would take focus off the day to day running costs of the servers, We might visit that if this fails however it wont be via paypal due to the fees they take from every donation we receive, There is also tax to worry about.

if there was any way to secure the community future beyond Arma 3, your own game would do it for sure, would it be a serious RP syle like Altis or steered in a different direction?
That would be a big decision, But we are willing to explore other games once the Altis Life page in the book is closed... we are just looking for a long term book if that explains the premium domain a little better.

Feels as if this investment would be rather weird decision.

Obviously the idea or feeling that you helped helped the server make great progress would be cool; however like you said, who knows what is for the future?

There was a server before this who had great ambitious ideas however they under unexpected circumstances went off the radar, and this server was off the chart with its twitch streamers and you tubers.

I will wait for a while, because at the moment the server is obviously having issues however in the future it may rise like a phoenix or fall like a potato.

Not meaning to dampen others patriotic mind set, however you may donate if you want to. Just thought I would leave my opinion.

Good luck anyway. 

We are coming up to 2 years of being very active and its never shown any signs of slowing down, I monitor this often (Stats Nerd)

Infact looking at the traffic and users this last 2 months we have broken previous peaks in new players signing up, new website visits and people joining the server.

In terms of the server you are on about, They ran things a lot differently to how we do so its a different ball game, We also have longer term plans now we have a dedicated audience, I know alot wont be but we have a large number of people who love this place

The servers are having issues right now, completely out of our control but i am fully aware BIS is working on this today and may have it partly fixed.

Thanks for your opinion but we cannot be compared to another community who had a completely different structure and values.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are coming up to 2 years of being very active and its never shown any signs of slowing down, I monitor this often (Stats Nerd)

Infact looking at the traffic and users this last 2 months we have broken previous peaks in new players signing up, new website visits and people joining the server.

In terms of the server you are on about, They ran things a lot differently to how we do so its a different ball game, We also have longer term plans now we have a dedicated audience, I know alot wont be but we have a large number of people who love this place

The servers are having issues right now, completely out of our control but i am fully aware BIS is working on this today and may have it partly fixed.

Thanks for your opinion but we cannot be compared to another community who had a completely different structure and values.
I understand where you are coming from, however I am thinking of this like investing in stocks.

Even though the server is progressing perfectly, you always have to be cautious. Anything, literally anything could happen.

I understand where you are coming from, however I am thinking of this like investing in stocks.

Even though the server is progressing perfectly, you always have to be cautious. Anything, literally anything could happen.
I see what you mean, That's why in a way this really isn't an investment and should be considered as a kind gesture to give the community a permanent home long after Altis Life.

Its clear the teamspeak and forums will outlive the servers and we want to provide people a permantent home from people that they can trust unlike some of the people out there that set up servers for personal gain.

Thanks for your comments.

Framework/Domains are different subjects so a rather off topic reply.

I do wonder how much coding do you think goes domain ?... Thats right Zero! a different department if you like of Altis Life UK and different staff looking at it.

The framework is a big task and like we said there is no timeframe, its being worked on daily and when it arrives you will discover why it took as long as it did, If its a chore then stop playing and come back at a later date ?
I know that no coding goes into changing your domain but what I mean is you're wanting to spend 5 grand on a new domain name instead of hiring a second developer or something along those lines.

About the framework though, it's been 6 months or so and the community has heard almost nothing other than snippets that may have been leaked. Everyone has just been kept in the dark and maybe keeping the community involved rather than shutting them out may help us understand why it's taking so long. It's all good and well saying "you will discover why it took as long as it did" but can you not show us at least some things so we can understand why it's taking as long as it has.

All I meant by it is maybe instead of putting effort and money into things like domain names, put it into the framework and hire another developer, I can't imagine Ciaran much likes being the only developer when he's got school and wants to play games himself.

And also I think I speak for a large amount of people when I say that the server is quite a chore to play sometimes, we've all played the same thing over and over again and the RP has just become rather repetitive because there's only so much you can do.

Back