What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

HM Treasury

Status
Not open for further replies.
The limit should definatly be raised from 10 to 20 in my opinion. It makes it twice as hard for rebels to do a bank job with twice as many cops online. At the same time it makes it less likely for only lower ranked cops to be online.
I would agree with you, but that would make a HM nearly impossible for smaller gangs.

Other gangs would be punished because the big gangs are too strong to handle.

And currently it is 50/50 to get a cop who is willing to RP with rebels, and not only gives you 5 gold bars.

I like the idea of changing the number of 10 being 10 PCs/SPCs it is a fairly good idea, but I'd also like to see some more rp bank jobs after rp is the reason we're all on the server isn't it, well for most of us anyway  ;)

I like the idea of changing the number of 10 being 10 PCs/SPCs it is a fairly good idea, but I'd also like to see some more rp bank jobs after rp is the reason we're all on the server isn't it, well for most of us anyway  ;)
Yes. Last 4 bank ops i have been involved in we was told to leave or be shot. RP is the least of their worries.

And gangs act like if they RP it they wont get anything. I can remember Gaz giving Gc i think a milli. RP gets you more places than gun fights.

Before I start I don't want a big argument I just want things to improve for everyone.
Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not. 9 times out of 10 when we lose, it's down to our own miscommunications and poor organization. We can blame it on underpowered weapons as much as we like, but the fact is that rubber bullet guns are the most OP weapon we have, and the majority of bank ops are met with some kind of team, whether it be AR, NIU or even just a few high ranks, with high caliber weaponry.

We've only got ourselves to blame for gun-fight-bank-ops being so common, after my week rebel holiday I can tell you that this is the quickest and most viable way to make money as a criminal. If we want to see more well thought out and interesting situations, we have to make an effort to become more organized and make the gun-fight-bank-jobs harder to win. Rushing the compound in dribs and drabs, failing to clear hills adequately,  not making proper use of things like I-99, if simple mistakes like these can be reduced, that is when we will see an increase in talking over shooting. The change will not come as a result of any server side adjustments or fix, not unless the new framework introduces bomb defusals via airstrike.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? rephrase 
I believe he meant to scale the minimum police required to rob the bank with the amount of players who are actually on so that if there's a lot of players on the required minimum amount of police is higher as to alleviate the police burden on bank heists.

Yes. Last 4 bank ops i have been involved in we was told to leave or be shot. RP is the least of their worries.

And gangs act like if they RP it they wont get anything. I can remember Gaz giving Gc i think a milli. RP gets you more places than gun fights.
just yesterday i came across an ongoing bank op, it was rigged as a movie set with actors, directors, cameraman and special effects. multiple takes where done and the scenes and everything where explained and played out so perfectly you could see the guys doing it had been practicing quite a bit. All inn all one of the best bank ops iv seen RP'd since i joined the server. And what does the officer reward them for their efforts? 
"grab 3 gold bars each, not more" 
It resulted in grabbing more of course, and getting forced to put back gold. And this is by no means to offend or point fingers at anyone in the police, its just the result of a long struggle figuring out how to deal with the bank op RP/Fight dilemma and something clearly has to change."RP is the least of their worries" Well lets find out what causes this shall we? if we could RP a bank op and get 300k or shoot ours guns that we payed 600k for and maybe earn 3mill if we do it right, then yes you are correct, its the least of our worries. I prefer the RP alternative, and many people play on the server just for the RP, but when there are some bad men at the bank that wants all that money and nothing less, you shouldn't cry about how they didn't want to play as X'd up russians breaking inn to have a rave party in the vault and maybe leave with some spare change. You have to respect that many of the players playing on the rebel/gang side like the big gunfight a bank op brings, and you cant always have it your way and RP it. Most of the times we are given scraps that dont even cover the gun in your backpack, or an officer suddenly says:"you cant do that, that is not allowed" "if that was an ......explosion, the building wouldn't still be standing"Which instantly kills the RP and your left standing there like an idiot with no story to why you are there and what you are doing because clearly what you are doing is not allowed and the rules of physics apply in Arma, gg.

It is more fun to RP the bank than it is to rob the bank police don't have to worry. And you get to have great fun

It was us doing the movie set at the bank it was great fun for everyone. And we didn't take all the gold just one Hemit 

Yes he gave it to reward our RP. But this thread is pointless. As Tidus said most of the officers always finding something to complain about. It was bad RP then it became hostage ops. Now it is the banks. As a rebel i am actually tired and sick of these kinds of threads. I know gangs must improve a bit but its not a 1 sided stick it is 2 sided. Were getting poor RP from some cops aswell. If you want to complain about something you need to make sure youre doing what youre doing perfect other wise whats the meaning of complaining? Being a cop is stressfull and if you cant handle it leave the force. I was a cop aswell and it was very stressfull indeed but shouldnt it be stressfull? You are going out on a patrol with a lots of crimes on a island what are you expecting? Couple of flowers and a box of choclate? These threads are so common and started being boring. I think they should remove weapons from the rebels and give candies instead. Maybe some of the police will be happy after all.... Better to read complaints on forums 7/24...

So many comments in this thread relating to the size of weapons or attachments used really do have no relevance here. Please remember that the Police are not a military unit, they are Police. Please remember that this is a serious RP server and not Rebels Vs Cops or Cope Vs Rebels. Please remember that everytime a gang does the bank it takes Police away from the rest of the island, especially when there are only 10 - 15 Police online. 

Us Police get a bad rap from most quarters as we don't RP tthe way we should, we don't spend enough time dealing with 999 texts or we keep leaving in the middle of RP to go and deal with a more important scenario. Use a bit of common sense when doing the Bank (or anything to be honest), ask youselves how your actions will affect the rest of the server. Use a bit of forward planning and imagination so that the RP shines when doing the bank. there is nothing worse than when we respond to a Bank Op just to be told to go away as you're only here for the gold. That isn't RP, that is purely laziness and greed.

I would suggest that the bank rules are changed so that it can only be done once per restart, that there should be a minimum of 15 Police online and that other gangs can hijack robberies so that there is more af a gang V gang focus rather that just gang vs Police. At the end of the day, rebels don't necessarily have to be rebelling against the Government / Police, they can also be rebelling against the other gangs.

Just my 2 cents on this.

@Spunky Bumlove Completely agree on the communication. Yesterday people got sick of bankops so logged off and went to server 2 where there was no TI. TI then robbed the bank again. We were running low on men and yes we were undergunned due to this. Bank op pretty much ended when I died, all the PCs and PCSOs were outgunned (genuinely). I still killed two TKC though , so if anyone else came to the bank we could've won.

Thank you Ali somebody finally said it.... the amount of these forum reports against rebels is getting ridiculous, us rebels don't go to the forums when we lose fights or when the police don't treat us well, we don't complain that too many police turn up to the bank.

All I see on the forums is the police badmouthing rebels all the time, iv'e been a cop and a rebel but the amount of scrutiny that rebels get is going way too far... we are constantly being told to calm down, we cant't do anything or its classed as baiting, we can't kill cops to defend our friend that is being arrested or it will be complained about on the forums.....

Can we please get back to enjoying the game as it is instead of trying to change everything in the polices favour, its always "rebels guns are too cheap, "rebels get better equipment" "rebels do this rebels do that" where is all the complaining about the police? Just remember Rebels are the to Rebel... Rebel against the law.

Leave it as it is and try to get along with each other as it is a game after all and we are a community we should be having a laugh and joke together not hating each other all the time... I understand you don't like certain things but talk to people about it rather than taking it to the forums it makes both parties look bad. Not just reports I mean these type of posts too.

To conclude.... have fun its still a game at the end of the day and you should enjoy it and have a laugh (all police and rebels)

Thank you Ali somebody finally said it.... the amount of these forum reports against rebels is getting ridiculous, us rebels don't go to the forums when we lose fights or when the police don't treat us well, we don't complain that too many police turn up to the bank.

All I see on the forums is the police badmouthing rebels all the time, iv'e been a cop and a rebel but the amount of scrutiny that rebels get is going way too far... we are constantly being told to calm down, we cant't do anything or its classed as baiting, we can't kill cops to defend our friend that is being arrested or it will be complained about on the forums.....

Can we please get back to enjoying the game as it is instead of trying to change everything in the polices favour, its always "rebels guns are too cheap, "rebels get better equipment" "rebels do this rebels do that" where is all the complaining about the police? Just remember Rebels are the to Rebel... Rebel against the law.

Leave it as it is and try to get along with each other as it is a game after all and we are a community we should be having a laugh and joke together not hating each other all the time... I understand you don't like certain things but talk to people about it rather than taking it to the forums it makes both parties look bad. Not just reports I mean these type of posts too.

To conclude.... have fun its still a game at the end of the day and you should enjoy it and have a laugh (all police and rebels)
No disrespect Tidus, but everything you have just said there is completely the view of a rebel. I try and stop getting involved in these threads because they are useless and no one ever takes anything away from them.

All I ask if for rebels to try and roleplay here and there and if you want to kill cops, that's fine, just don't make us follow you for 15 minutes before jumping out and spraying us down. 

I also ask that cops roleplay with rebels and don't make your sole purpose on the server to put people in prison.

Lots of Love

@Spunky Bumlove Completely agree on the communication. Yesterday people got sick of bankops so logged off and went to server 2 where there was no TI. TI then robbed the bank again. We were running low on men and yes we were undergunned due to this. Bank op pretty much ended when I died, all the PCs and PCSOs were outgunned (genuinely). I still killed two TKC though , so if anyone else came to the bank we could've won.
I wish you would get a grip of yourself. 

"TI" "TI" "They did this" "They are this" 

I have also been told you have been talking about us in whatsapp groups  I am not sure on the truth of that.

There was a situation the other day which involved you jumping out of a vehicle and shooting Polski in the face when he tried to start a roleplay situation with you. He tried to contact you on teamspeak and he got a message back telling him to stop harassing you , there was a situation in which you started using lethal bullets on a car me and Kaliber were in for no reason driving past an on going bank job and you request us to leave or lethal force will be used, that's something a rebel would say not a Desk Sergeant in the Police, do you think the Police force in real life threaten people with lethal force if they are driving their cars like we did?

If you're going to keep pointing fingers at TI you should probably put your own play first before criticising others, I did like you Ross and never had any issues with you and still really don't but recently you have been acting childish and seem to be throwing your toys out the pram because things aren't going your way.

This post is doing more harm than good, the Police need to start looking at themselves for how innocent they are not in a lot of these situations saying we don't do the bank for money is a lie we have to pay 750k for a full gear up, half that for the next 10 days because of the perk we have right now but that's still a lot I personally don't care too much about losing stuff I have plenty of money but there are others that don't.

I know of plenty of situations in which my own gang members have tried to talk their way through a treasury and have been shut down completely either ending up in restraints or being told to leave.

If a role play is successful.

"You can have 2 gold bars each"

If there are no negotiations

http://gyazo.com/532886704929eeae27ca54f009430640

If you really want to up the quality of treasury's it works both ways I agree there is a lot of greed but if you can take 400 bars why would you take 2?

• Up the number of Police online to 15.
  • Allow people with AR and NIU whitelisting to supply lower ranks who they are on patrol with at the time of a bank op.
  • Make it harder for us to transport the gold, right now we can fit 330 gold into 5 hemmt box trucks 5 on our person (7 with backpack perks) make it require us to use 10 hemmt box trucks if we wanted 330 gold.
  • Police are more lenient on the amount they give out for serious role play bank ops.
The above hopefully possible in the new framework.

If the Police start to be more lenient on the amount of gold they give out then things will improve a lot.

The Police have lots of alternate ways they can deal with bank operations that end in a shootout instead of throwing themselves into the compound, it's an "operation" play it out like one instead of rushing the compound use your heads mark your locations on the map ahead of time patrol cars will arrive from all directions it would be fairly easy for you to clear the hills before going into the compound, if you asses the situation and really think you can't challenge it then use the tools you have in the Police the most powerful one being the Dater Drone that thing can go 1000m up unseen and be your eyes for everything instead of dying at the bank try and figure out if you the rebels doing the operation are going to store the gold or sell it, there is a lot more to a bank job than just winning a shootout in the compound and getting all the money. 

I am going to speak to the rest of TI in Teamspeak, Someone mentioned above limit bank operations to 1 per day, I will speak to everyone about this and we will cut down on the bank ops,

If someone wants to go and role play a bank on their own or in a small group I see that as no problem, but planting the charge and going for everything I will try and tone down but, like I said if you want this to happen as a Police force it works both ways, try and up your game and the amount of gold bars you are going to give out for a planned RP bank robbery, 3 gold bars is nothing when you can do a weed run in 25 minutes these days and make 1.4 Million.

-TI Ben

@TI Ben Yes, i've been speaking in whatsapp groups about terrible RP and yes i've mentioned TI a lot. Why? Because the roleplay is shit and it's usually TI.

All I'm gonna post here is, that this island is in the midst of a heavily armed war, so why in the f*ck do we have police on it? Where's the military at? You didn't see us putting Police Constables into the Falklands when there was a war there, so why are we doing it here, sure enough it was country vs country but this is the same ratio just on another scale, I really don't give a f*ck what anyone has to say, I've experienced it from both sides.

Who do we all think would win if it was military vs cops? Obviously military, so lets pit military vs military? Now this might not work out, and I know it won't get implemented, but if everyone is being stupid here, then why not...

TI just tried to do an RP bank OP with Morgoth, Tidus, Daze, Ducky and Andmos. I was the negotiator and I would say that it definitely was on the better side of RP. In fact, I could see that these guys came prepared, with different kind of fish, rum, cider and hats. They RPed as pirates with Morgoth pulling off a great pirate accent, along with multiple pirate jokes.
We agreed on a certain amount of gold bars, but TI Kieran showed up by the end of the negotiations and police kinda got jumpy.
Words have been exchanged and TI turned around and left, after being told that they are only doing it for the money.

Very disappointed how it ended, since it indeed was good roleplay, better than I've seen in a while.

- James D.

@TI Ben Yes, i've been speaking in whatsapp groups about terrible RP and yes i've mentioned TI a lot. Why? Because the roleplay is shit and it's usually TI.
Yea you have hit the nail on the head, our role play is shit, it's not usually TI it's always TI and we should be playing Wasteland and not on an RP server.

And it's great to see how constructive your posts are as a Mentor on this server and how you're able to resolve situations without acting childish.

Why don't you open up to everyone about the bank job that Andmos, Daze, Morgoth, Tidus and Ducky just attempted they managed to negotiate from 5 Gold to up to 16 Gold for the servers number 1 Police officer to shows up and start saying in direct chat, "Let's be honest here you're only in it to get money" so in the end the 5 of them proved you wrong and walked out.

So I will stand by my point that you're an absolute joke and have no idea how you're a Mentor and how the Police allows people like you in it's force, don't bother responding to me again because I'm beyond trying to talk to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back