What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The State of Roleplay and “Initiations”

It forces people to counter initiate

I find it hard to see that initiation even counts as "quality" rp. 
It forces people to respond and gives them a chance to roleplay, sure they can turn around and tell you it's a trap and that it is in  fact you who should be putting their hands up.... or it could give them a chance to let you know that they are head of the Altis Duck Farmers society and don't take orders from anyone and that a thousand ducks will descend upon you if you don't return to your petroleum wagon and leave. The rules favour those who want to RP and lets them do that instead of favouring those who are looking to kill everyone!

Working as intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to give this post a little bump, because I feel people have forgotten!

Can I shoot him if he does X?”
Just to confirm, if you get shot at for literally no reason, you can still return fire as they “xyz...do this or die” has already occured and your life has now been threatened by the gunfire which was intended to kill you. 

If someone has started shooting at you of course you can return fire.

the thing i dont understand is do u have to say xyz i will shoot u but if i give high quality roleplay maybe roleplaying as a distraught man saying im sorry im sorry get back ill do it then shooting is that allowed or do u have to say the ussual friends in the area or weel have to take action if u do that because that phrase realy gets on me friends in tha god damn area ;( i just want to know cause i love giving realy good roleplay but then feal like i rune it because i have to say something if u dont do what i say ill shoot if high quality roleplays given are u allowed to shoot without the u dont do what i say kinda thing u insulted my dad or mum come here realy high quality roleplay then shoot is that allowed or not as i hate the normal way xwzu dont do what i say kinda thing

the thing i dont understand is do u have to say xyz i will shoot u but if i give high quality roleplay maybe roleplaying as a distraught man saying im sorry im sorry get back ill do it then shooting is that allowed or do u have to say the ussual friends in the area or weel have to take action if u do that because that phrase realy gets on me friends in tha god damn area ;( i just want to know cause i love giving realy good roleplay but then feal like i rune it because i have to say something if u dont do what i say ill shoot if high quality roleplays given are u allowed to shoot without the u dont do what i say kinda thing u insulted my dad or mum come here realy high quality roleplay then shoot is that allowed or not as i hate the normal way xwzu dont do what i say kinda thing

As I understand it;

Alot of hostile rp is remnant of how the server rules regarding shooting used to be understood as people have been here a long time

You don't have to specify your threat if you clearly have a weapon i.e I'm going to be shooting you. But you do have to engage in hostile roleplay that makes sense and tracks. 

You can't tell someone about your trip to the mall, answer all their questions then gat them down. 

If you feel like you've given high quality RP in a hostile setting you can shoot your opponent.

Similarly there are times where friends in the area is unnecessary. I.e you've just done the treasury. You stop your truck and someone engages in hostile rp on your new shiny possessions. Logically they have to know and assume you didn't beat the Altis police force single handed and escape with gold. 

If your actions and rp represent that you are a group, "friends in the area" is unnecessary. Most people still like to say it though as it clarifies to the other party where the situation might be heading. 

Totally agree i've been shot dead so many times without any form of roleplay and ive only been on the island a month 🙂

For the first time since 2017 this post has been edited to give you even more clarification!

Who are you allowed to shoot?

Have a read!

For the first time since 2017 this post has been edited to give you even more clarification!

Who are you allowed to shoot?

Have a read!
What if someone says: ”I’m going to shoot you” then are you allowed to shoot them or not? Some people say yes some say no.

What if someone says: ”I’m going to shoot you” then are you allowed to shoot them or not? Some people say yes some say no.
It says RP has to occur. Immediately shooting isn’t great, acknowledge it and then firing is a bit better. If someone says “if you run off I’m going to shoot you” To you, replying with something like “well I do plan on running off” or something similar then firing as you run off is okay afak. 

A question for this though, you are in a gunfight with rebels and the police come along and start impounding vehicles. You fire to make it clear there is a situation, they continue impounding vehicles. Is that enough to deem them involved as they effectively are stealing vehicles involved with the gunfight. 

Only thing I would say with this new list, it's missing people who are clearly spotting for them? Surely pointing out locations to people is worse than trying to steal a car in a gunfight? 

This question means you clearly haven't read a single word of the original post. Read it and your questions will be answered!
Yeah i read the post, still doesn't answear my question but thanks for clearing it out for me

Back