What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The player count crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had it when UNMC was removed though, I was in the police at the time and all that would happen is rebel groups of 2/3 people would just get bullied by the police, they would spawn in airport and have 3 patrol cars on them to get there guns, at that point rebels stopped coming on as they were loosing everything as no one was on to counter the police in numbers and you would spend an hour driving around to find something illegal to stop, in the end the poor hobo with a rook doing a petrol station robbery would have the whole police force turn up, 
You forgot about Battledroids? ez bank everyday mayte

I know some of us in AR have had thoughts of leaving the police because of the amount of fun we've had over christmas playing rebel, it hasn't just been the zones either, think we did 2 HM's and a bunch of banks, and with Fergu making his new gang It would make for an interesting dynamic since Police are gonna get their new rebel playing system soon so hopefully that should bring a few more gangs in. Something I don't want to see is a gang like the Plebs absolutely smashing the rest of the server due to numbers and the fact that pretty much every one of the Plebs is a pretty experienced player. A few smaller gangs of active players would be nice.
To be fair having cops play rebel has not done much good over the last days, maybe for the players of cops yes which is understandable as you can have some fun and I don't mean any harm with that. 
However the playerbase needs cops online for them to be able to run alot of things, which is normal priced drug runs, Fuel stations, banks etc. 
We have seen that when there is 0 cops on, there is few incentive to play as rebel during the holidays. 
I am not saying that is your fault but it is something to consider as having a constant police force is a must to give rebel life things to do.

Currently everyone is restricted to doing legal runs because of the requirements of cops for getting full prices and even then most legal runs make more money than illegal which literally does not make any sense right now.
Like someone else mentioned before too, when there is sufficient cops on to do your runs the chance of them logging out before you actually finishing your run is too big.
Which ruins your entire run and personally that would ruin my motivation to play during that session tbf.

The server is dependant of a vast amount of rebels, which most of them are all vets at this point and have nothing to do which makes them rob new players I guess which is a problem.
Either they rob new players or don't login at all because theyre bored and I think we would be best off focussing on giving rebels incentive & new things to do to keep things rolling.
The developers have done a damn good job at pushing updates and adding QoL & map updates over the last months but I think focussing the development towards rebel life improvement & development should take priority.
More rebels is more incentive for police to play and not do zones, which would hook into the new police scheme.

Poseidon obviously is a different story and I think we should remove the border at this point because literally the only time I go into poseidon lands right now is to re-gear or protect the enforcer compound.
Development has not been easy on poseidon with the addition of the rebels fob & blackmarkets.
The times where we could patrol our lands is gone, when salt is double everyone does salt and we control that for the restart cycle but thats as far as it goes.
No rebel ever touches the rebel outpost anymore due to it being so easy to go and gear up elsewhere, and advanced weapons is literally a ghost hotel. A shadow of its former past.
Everyone goes to queensland because all content is there anyways, all poseidon locations are in queensland, all players are in queensland, literally everything.
It would resolve the constant arguing between police and poseidon about the border baiting etc. Yes there would be more conflicts with cops but at the least we get to do more things overal other than sticking to poseidon lands where maybe 5 civs come in an entire restart cycle. (Aside from research facility zone).

Tl;Dr:

• I think having cops play as rebel with their scheme might hurt the server in the end even though it's giving individual cops fun themselves.
• No incentive for rebels to play as most are vets who have done everything there is to be done.
• Illegal runs are big shit compared to legal runs due to the cop restraints.
• Poseidon is in a bad place due to how development has approached the problems noted by the playerbase in the past meeting. ( Not saying it's the developers fault it is what the community wanted after all)

Hi all,

I have left the server.

My input from an outside perspective is the golden ages of this server were 2015-2017/18 at a push. After that it geared so highly towards gang based fragging as Wayfarer pointed out. You couldn't do RP HM's anymore you needed 'documents, signatures and then the cop to be in the fucking mood (excuse my French)' Cops would turn up and drive away if it was an RP HM, literal experience speaking there. People work, have hobbies and lives, they come on here for fun. They dont have time to make documents, if the RP is good, and I mean good, give them a break. ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING, ITS ABOUT RP, NOT GUNFIGHTS.

The next issue is the whitelisted factions, UNMC/Poseidon, both became an issue. Yes they both had ups/positives when they first began, however both of them got out of hand. For example, to many members, losing there RP story, becoming a big frag gang and no respect for others. Both times whitelisted factions existed they grew out of control and disregarded RP, defend Poseidon all you will but everyone knows deep down they are a frag gang at this point with to many members. But a clear line can be seen how whitelisted factions DO NOT WORK.

I believe the RP of every whitelisted faction on the island, excluding NHS, is more geared to 'winning/fragging' instead of RPing, hence why I reference the good old days. Yes some may disagree, but this is my opinion.

THE SERVER IS DYING.

We all want to save the server, hence why we are here. If it were up to me, I would go back to when the server flourished. Get rid of the whitelisted bullshit, it was better without it. People struggle to remeber the days before UNMC/haven't even played before them. The server created its own balance then, now CATEGORICALY, that is not an opinion that is fact, it is out of balance and has been for a long time.

I ask the question, if the server is dying, why not wipe? What have you got to lose, yes people wont like it, but what has worked so far? I think @Wayfarerwas correct the server geared towards combat, and the economy is fucked. I think a complete restructure of the economy and combat ideas on the server needs to take place.

IF PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY THEY WILL, THOSE THAT WANT TO FRAG AND BE RICH WILL MOAN.

RP SHOULD COME FIRST - AT THE MOMENT RP DOESNT EXSIST.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Psychos RossI would suggest coming on to actually play here. Poseidon has been cleaned up a lot, less toxicity, less "frag kiddies", and more RP. Please check the recommend a player section to see the proof for your self. I am very proud of what we have done with Poseidon!

@Psychos Ross I agree in some areas but those that I don't agree with are with how you say people should not have to create documents to do any large or medium scale roleplay. I believe that a decent document could be made in only a few mins all you need is a story that sounds believable and decent RP to back it up. But I can understand what you mean by cops not interacting with you cause it is an RP HM. I have seen this while on as a cop and I despise it. 
I agree and am also a massive supporter of a server wipe but I belive that it would need to be done very carefully.

At the same time, I also feel that Arma isn't an RP game anymore as only a small minority of the people posting here actually want RP. You will never get back to the "Good old days" you can try but unless you change the mentality of the players here first you'd get nowhere. Just look at any other 'RP' server out there Roleplay is just a way of disguising and luring in people that are easy to kill on a video game. I've been here 3 years now since 2017 and I've always said that the server would end up as a shell of its former self (as it has) I've seen many gangs from Relic, Plebs, UltraSec, the list goes on when done correctly they were great but many more were just shit excuses to get easy frags. 

The only way that you could revive the server and keep it alive would be to loosen the rules and allow people just to go bananas. Most of you guys have said that you spend most of your time in the red zones fighting other gangs why not stay out of the zones and RP with them gangs (even if it does end in a gunfight) it goes to show that since the zones require no prior talking and just shooting you would rather stay there instead of making an attempt to break the cycle. 

I have been around a long time now and played in factions and as rebel. As a police officer the main issue for me is the lack of Roleplay on the island as a whole, I have always put roleplay first and even go out my way to get myself in a stupid situation to try and some roleplay either by being taken as a hostage, forced to be made/demand things from cops(eg more presence or less hostility and more leniency). But near enough 90% of the time im either killed within seconds because of stupid demands or because im a cop,. minimal roleplay is given. And its these exact same people/groups that complain about there being no police or people in general, what dso you expect when people come to roleplay and cant even get any because you just wanna kill people. I know alot of cops are either not playing or have left due to the lack of roleplay and constant gunfights we are being forced into. So nowadays there isnt even enough police on for new people to experience a gas station robbery because cops arent wanting to come on to just gunfight or ambusged as those same gas stations. I believe if rebels just start talking more instead of just robbing/murdering everyone coz there bored it might start changing peoples minds to come around more often and to keep new players here that are actually here for roleplay. And for future updates as a few people have stated stop focusing on adding more rebel/gunfight things and focus alot more on civillian updates and give more things to do other than runs.

Main issue is the fact that half the server is veteran rebels/cops who have seen and done it all before and half new players who are naive and tend to shoot first ask questions later out of fear of being robbed or killed. These 2 categories of players don't mix well, a new player robbing a gas station tells me he's fixing wires and nothing else... what do you want me to do? I've heard it a million times before and the guy is so new to the server he hasn't even considered making a document or thinking his story through, so either we let him have it which is boring for us or we nick him which sucks for him. I'm confident that border wars will add a fresh new dynamic to the server if it gets implemented, not just a redzone, but more opportunities for the old players to try new stuff.

As someone new to the server (Started a month or so ago) I feel like I should drop in with my thoughts on some of this. My main issue that I encounter on the server is that there are just SO many people who feel like role playing is just some minimum requirement that they need to meet before they get to kill/rob someone. Not long after joining the server I was banned for 24hr because of doing this and since then I have changed how I play and actually enjoy myself much more now. I am just sick to death of someone rolling up on me, putting a gun in my face and stealing every item I have on me (I mean come on guys, even my hobo backpack?) and pretty much the only RP in these scenarios being someone telling me how I got owned or verbally abusing me for no reason, it is like some people get a thrill from ruining everyone else's experience and being spiteful. I understand I can clip and report this but it is besides the point. A lot of these people are playing to the exact word of the rules, but not the spirit of the community.

This sort of unfulfilling interaction unfortunately exists occasionally in every group. I cannot tell you how dull it is to be pulled over by a police officer, craft an interesting excuse for some minor crime I have commit and just have the officer respond with "Ok, here is your fine or you go to jail". Like dude, did you not hear me? I said I've been framed by my evil identical twin!

I've seen a few things in here about Poseidon needing to go for various reasons but I'm afraid I don't agree. Every interaction I have with them is good and I don't know where all this "Frag group" stuff is coming from. That being said I think there are better ways that they could be implemented into the game. For example, what if the area hosting the current red zones is sealed off with a single border checkpoint to the mainland and becomes Poseidon territory, with their base and a few other less than legal things in there and the red zones removed (I will come back to this). All of their drug fields and so on are on the rest of the island and it is up to them to police them as they always have done, without having to manage a huge swathe of land directly. Throughout the main part of the island can be several 'Poseidon Dealers' where you can buy passes which allow to you see the locations of the high grade drugs fields and maybe several other Poseidon controlled commodities which whilst not illegal are still run by Poseidon. (Say salt becomes a Poseidon commodity, so the police won't arrest you for having it but you will need to negotiate with the cartel still to do it). 

The red zones are removed from their location and instead of 4 there now become two on the mainland, but they earn double the money. I feel like reducing the number will make them into more dangerous places where only the most serious of gangs will go and will now have to defend them the entire time they own them, instead of capping 4 and them roaming about stopping each one being capped by someone else. They also should not be anywhere near a weapon dealer or garage. If you want to take a red zone then it is a commitment that should take time, planning and execution. Put one in the north west and one in the south east, as far away as possible from each other. At the minute it just feels like some ArmA version of Battlefield. Also, because there are no garages nearby it will be much more awkward using vehicles such as Ifrits, which can be spotted and potentially stopped by police on the way. There needs to be REAL risk and time associated with doing these zones, its just way too convenient at the minute. I mean personally if it was up to me I would just have one for those who really want to play TDM on a roleplay server.

Moving onto illegal runs. I'm sorry but I just don't understand their implementation on this server. Most of the time they just are not worth doing. I did a high grade weed run the other day and made less than £500,000 for a full helicopter. I can make more than that on a non doubled LEGAL run. The money you get when lots of police and Poseidon are on is barely enough to make it worth breaking the law. The next day I did high grade weed once (And I mean literally one run) more, the police turned up, arrested me and literally scrapped my and my mates Hurons which I personally thought was an utterly ridiculous decision and whoever had the idea to do that should be ashamed of themselves, no wonder there is a player count crisis when someone works their arse off for weeks getting the money together and then loses it for doing one illegal run, please actually start thinking about the REAL repercussions of your decisions beyond "It had weed in so we technically can do this". Fortunately we were compensated by some more kind hearted players among the police and Poseidon who took pity on us. But I want to just say that my friend, who literally had spend hours grinding out the cash to buy that thing, would have just left the server had he not been compensated due to the utter frustration of it all. So from now on I will just be doing legal runs, which is a shame because now the police have even less to do, but I am not risking doing illegal things with such a small payout and utterly incomprehensible consequences if caught. Now if I was making a guaranteed excess of a million or two per illegal run those consequences suddenly start to seem reasonable. As it stands the risk versus reward is an absolute shambles.

Finally, I wonder if some sort of rule revamp is needed. There are just too many people hiding behind these rules and still being utter dicks. It only takes looking at the recent 25mil scam to see that someone can follow the rules and still be a complete arse and behave counter productively to the health of the community. I don't think more rules need adding, I just think some sort of system of honour needs to be implemented where these people ruining the experience can still be spoken to and told that they need to stop being dicks even though they technically aren't breaking the rules.

arrested me and literally scrapped my and my mates Hurons which I personally thought was an utterly ridiculous decision
Unfortunately there are morons in the cops that don't realise we have an impound system for a reason.

@Robert RobertsonThank you for the kind words about Poseidon we try our best.... There are also some great cops out there unfortunately there are some rotten eggs 

@Psychos RossI would suggest coming on to actually play here. Poseidon has been cleaned up a lot, less toxicity, less "frag kiddies", and more RP. Please check the recommend a player section to see the proof for your self. I am very proud of what we have done with Poseidon!
Bowen I mean no disrespect. I have not been gone long and came on a couple of weeks ago. The reason I left was due to pointless gunfights and a severe lack of RP. Most players on here play on different servers, and you know the one I mean. So unless you want to lose the server to the competition who is coping fine, I suggest action is taken. I personally love RPUK and do not wish to see it disband, that is why I take the time to suggest severe changes, because I unlike some, do not use the argument 'BUT WE ARE CHANGING WE PROMISE'. If people wish to bury there heads in the sand that is fine, the fate of the server will go with them.

Using the argument 'come on here' is rubbish.

Yes you have members who do RP and are fun to interact with, however the majority of the members you have are frag kiddies and only want to go and kill people. They do not RP and only want to win. A prime example was PC RIAD DPI glitching a couple of weeks ago, please see link at the bottom of the text. Yes he was logged on as a PC (a whitelisted faction) but he has also played Poseidon/possibly still does. Yes he got a punishment, BUT HE SHOULD OF KNOWN BETTER AND SHOULD OF SHOWN SOME MOTHERFUCKING RP, I MEAN IN THAT SITUATION WHY WOULDNT YOU? EVERYONE DOES THIS NOW, HENCE WHY THE SERVER IS FUCKED. (Not trying to out you here @Riadjust you were the last ban I remember seeing, no malice is intended and I know you took your punishment). However my point of WHITELISTED members disregarding RP stands, police or Poseidon. IT IS ALL FUCKED. Lets all be real for a minute, who here actually values RP, and who here can have the FUCKING BALLS to admit that you just want to rob and frag? I mean I'll admit it, the Psychos USED to be heavily RP based, until the Server fucked itself and we turned into PRICKS, just like EVERYONE. Yes this did not help at all, I admit that, but everyone is doing it, so fuck it right? That's the mentality we all use?

The main problem with dealing with Poseidon is, it is protected by STAFF and MANAGEMENT. The majority of your active players are Poseidon or Police. WHITELISTED FACTIONS. The exact same problems occurred with the UNMC. GANGS are scarce and rebel life is pointless as pointed out in other comments by other players.

If you want a rebel life, you need to get rid of the whitelisted rebel gang, or at least put in member restraints and harsher punishments in for those disregarding the RP.

@Bowen Orionask yourself, does rebel life flourish like it once did? Is playing rebel fair or are they at a disadvantage? Do the majority of Poseidon RP?

@Bowen Orionin relation to recommend a player, like I said some of your members are great to interact with, @Drex @GREENY @Starry @3FingerGaming@George Harris. However these are a minority within the faction. You also make the point 'we are getting better', no offence but its to late, the majority of rebels either got fed up of getting FUCKED or decided that they were going to play elsewhere because nothing was being done. I know a fair few rebels who tried to get things done but were shut down due to staff protecting Poseidon due to being in it, if you wish to turn a blind eye and tell me I'm lying, that is up to you, but we all know that is true.

I honestly believe if you answer those questions honestly we are on the same page. If people however decide, im part of Poseidon so I will protect it, nothing will ever get done. Self critism is the only way to move forward and save the server. The sooner WHITELISTED STAFF realise this and stop CLUTCHING AT STRAWS 'we are getting better' action will finally be taken. 

I understand you may disagree with some of my points, I am just voicing the opinion of myself and my friends who quit. We got fed up with the bullshit and unbalance. Cleaning up Poseidon is to late, the damage was done, look at the economy for one and the amount of players who left for two.

I have said my piece and do not wish to contribute further as I do not wish to argue/bicker with anyone. I hope MANAGEMENT can take what I said on board along with everyone else's comments. I wish to see the server flourish again but have my doubts. If anyone wishes to discuss anything with me please message me and we can chat on TeamSpeak as I tire of typing.

P.S I forgot the point about people such as @Simon Rosswho have no intention of self criticism and want to downvote anyone who calls out there bullshit. Mature community isn't it, clearly not when you get people reacting with 'facepalms' to other peoples thought out contributions because they choose to act 'childish'. Might want to relook at your 'MATURE COMMUNITY'.

Many thanks and a Happy New Year to you all.

Ross

Damn I do love being mentioned because I facepalm something I disagree with, and I was going to provide a written response to this. I will first inform you of a situation I had with your gang where I was RDMed in Agios, executed, and then in liason, a spokesperson for your group stated clearly "We mainly come on this server now to get drunk and troll". I recommend, if you are such a mature person, you leave that group and join someone else who is much more focused around RP and less around getting drunk and trolling.

however the majority of the members you have are frag kiddies and only want to go and kill people
I don't see where you get this from. Most of us are relatively nice, can provide high qality RP and I would say leave a good impression of Poseidon to players, and encourage them back to the server. Now don't get me wrong, a lot of us do love a good gunfight, enjoy the zones etc. etc., however this does not compromise on our ability to provide high quality RP. 

They do not RP and only want to win
I honestly don't understand where you can get this from. Riad has only recently rejoined Poseidon (less than a week), so I don't think it is fair to inccorporate a report from when he was in a different faction. I personally am all for RP. If somebody robs something with a story I am all for hearing them out, and personally prefer to judge a story based off of if I have seen them using said story before rather than if I have heard the story before. This means that if they rob a fuel station saying they are fixing some cameras, I am going to let them do it assuming I haven't specifically heard them using that story before. I have been hear for years and heard every story under the sun, so I allow people who haven't been here for long to use RP stories which are unoriginal to me, but original to them, in order to allow them to have a good time. 

The main problem with dealing with Poseidon is, it is protected by STAFF and MANAGEMENT. The majority of your active players are Poseidon or Police. WHITELISTED FACTIONS. The exact same problems occurred with the UNMC. GANGS are scarce and rebel life is pointless as pointed out in other comments by other players.
I think you will find we are just as vulnerable to staff punishments as any other member of the communuty. What has happened with @Chipyis a perfect example of this. Whilst a few years ago there used to be a faction bias, this was primarily towards the police, and this faction bias doesn't even exist anymore anyway, so I don't see where you can find this bias tbh. 

If you want a rebel life, you need to get rid of the whitelisted rebel gang, or at least put in member restraints and harsher punishments in for those disregarding the RP.
When UNMC left, server numbers dropped. We managed to get them back because Arma was more alive when this occured, however if we were to remove Poseidon, you would be removing a large group of active players, as we often have 10+ members online a night, even when the police have only 4. 

. However these are a minority within the faction
Name and shame some members of Poseidon with Shit RP then, explain a story where they gave terrible RP, or show us some videos, but I don't think you will be able to like that. I think we are very friendly, especially to the new players who need leiniency. I think you will find us spending long periods of time helping new players, giving them money to get started, explaining pass systems and even giving some discounted passes to help them get off of their feet. 

P.S I forgot the point about people such as @Simon Rosswho have no intention of self criticism and want to downvote anyone who calls out there bullshit. Mature community isn't it, clearly not when you get people reacting with 'facepalms' to other peoples thought out contributions because they choose to act 'childish'. Might want to relook at your 'MATURE COMMUNITY'.
Why was this even necessary. IMO your post reflects an outdated Poseidon, as currently I would argue that we are more flexable and generally kinder than the police. We help players out, don't fuck them over for doing our illegal runs (e.g. you can do this run onec but i dont wanna catch you doing it again as it is illegal) etc. How am I acting childish? Bring some evidence over here of our dog shit RP and how we make the server bad and I am happy to listen, however from what I see there is not an accurate representation of Poseidon in your messaage. 

Speaking for myself here, I love a good gunfight, and I do spend a fair amount of time in the redzones. However likewise I also enjoy strong RP and enjoyable encounters outside of the redzones. I don't compromise on levels of RP for a quick gunfight, and this is a common factor within a lot in Poseidon. We willl happily and quickly take a fight if someone wants to take the piss and get on the wrong side of us, but if others are reasonable, we are reasomable back. 

There was no reason to call me out in such a petty manner, especially when it takes a long time to respond to such a long paragraph, and if anything it is just showing your level of maturity. I would happily talk to you into more detail on this manner, and I invite you to watch some streams from players like @Marty AtlasWho have started to stream Poseidon gameplay. 

If anyone wishes to discuss anything with me please message me and we can chat on TeamSpeak as I tire of typing.
Could I take you up on this offer? I would love to talk to you more about your experience and then share my opinion and my experience? You clearly feel strongly in this one direction, whilst I feel strongly in the other

So you say that instead of trying to improve, we should do what? Call it a day? Give up? 

I see a lot of criticism here but no real solutions. I think you will find very few of the toxic individual in Poseidon that we once had, and any that do arise, if brought to our attention, we will deal with. Are we perfect? Hell no! Do we still have the odd person who seems to slip through our net? Absolutely! Are we still working at it? Yep! Bring me video, or context, or some other evidence of people being overly toxic or breaking Poseidon rules and I'll bring you their proverbial head. We have no time or space for people who don't have a positive impact on the server.

As for the only "solution" that you appear to have provided, ditch Poseidon, I really don't see how that would work. At this stage, it would lose more players than it would gain. Other communities have tried this and all (that I know of) have now shut down. Please name some of the things we do that drive people off the server. We have lightened our touch, we help people who have been screwed by others. We provide actual rp instead of the usual "I have friends and allies in the area" 

I really cannot think of what else we as a faction can do at this stage other than continue to improve and provide rp to anyone that wants it. 

I think a major issue is others not wanting RP. Last night we were shocked to see a couple of guys that actually wanted some good old 2016 style rebel rp with us, which I'll be writing a recommendation for later on. These guys were legit old school early plebs, way early GB and even early psychos kind of guys. And it was one of the best nights we've had on this server in a long time. @GREENY can back me up with that one! Haha

It's very easy to pin the blame on one faction or one gang but it's the mentality of everyone that needs to change. I feel as though we are on our way to doing our part. Just need some people to rp with who won't get mad when they die, who won't rage quit when something doesn't go their way and actually let rp take its course. I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's the winning mentality that needs to stop. We have it written into our faction, we enforce it, you win some, you lose some. It's all about the journey. 

I hope that you do come on the server and join in because ranting on the forums isn't going to solve our problems. Bums on seats and people who lead by example is the way to fix this. 

Damn you guys really like writing big paragraphs on forums. Hopefully your dev team is reading this.

So you say that instead of trying to improve, we should do what? Call it a day? Give up? 

I see a lot of criticism here but no real solutions. I think you will find very few of the toxic individual in Poseidon that we once had, and any that do arise, if brought to our attention, we will deal with. Are we perfect? Hell no! Do we still have the odd person who seems to slip through our net? Absolutely! Are we still working at it? Yep! Bring me video, or context, or some other evidence of people being overly toxic or breaking Poseidon rules and I'll bring you their proverbial head. We have no time or space for people who don't have a positive impact on the server.

As for the only "solution" that you appear to have provided, ditch Poseidon, I really don't see how that would work. At this stage, it would lose more players than it would gain. Other communities have tried this and all (that I know of) have now shut down. Please name some of the things we do that drive people off the server. We have lightened our touch, we help people who have been screwed by others. We provide actual rp instead of the usual "I have friends and allies in the area" 

I really cannot think of what else we as a faction can do at this stage other than continue to improve and provide rp to anyone that wants it. 

I think a major issue is others not wanting RP. Last night we were shocked to see a couple of guys that actually wanted some good old 2016 style rebel rp with us, which I'll be writing a recommendation for later on. These guys were legit old school early plebs, way early GB and even early psychos kind of guys. And it was one of the best nights we've had on this server in a long time. @GREENY can back me up with that one! Haha

It's very easy to pin the blame on one faction or one gang but it's the mentality of everyone that needs to change. I feel as though we are on our way to doing our part. Just need some people to rp with who won't get mad when they die, who won't rage quit when something doesn't go their way and actually let rp take its course. I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's the winning mentality that needs to stop. We have it written into our faction, we enforce it, you win some, you lose some. It's all about the journey. 

I hope that you do come on the server and join in because ranting on the forums isn't going to solve our problems. Bums on seats and people who lead by example is the way to fix this. 
Im sorry but i agree on some parts there Bowen but. With the thing* written into our faction, we enforce it, you win some, you lose some. It's all about the journey. * That is just not adding up. first of we struggled a lot for holding the zones and the fight lasted over 2 and a half houer only poseidon. At that point a few logged off so finaly we got a small break well then SAf comes and we tough finaly mabye we get into a gang fight for ones poseidon havent showed up for 20 minuts now well what happens poseidon patrols aperantly come storming the SAF and behinde them the plebs, could have been a nice fight between to gangs but hey 13 vs 5 i would call fair. its so often this happens.

but again its just my wrath speaking here but, it is just a litle anoying and exosting to see. sorry for my spelling but im just bad at spelling.

Here is my POV:

1. The 90% of played time I had on RPUK was with Arma 3, I loved it, everything was great for maybe the 4 to 8 months of being there, but slowly its starting to get repetitive. Think of it this way and this is a aviation or more like a pilots say (Passengers and non-pilots have always asked/said, being a pilot is boring its the same stuff over and over again, day by day, but I and fellow others always reply with the same answer, yes, it may seem repetitive, but every flight is different, you may have one in great weather, and another one where you can even see 10 feet past your windshield, or landing whilst you have winds that are so powerful, it would throw a human off balance) I like/love how the server is developed, but things need to change. The constant gunfights, the broken economy where new players almost have no chances at all to discover the server unless they make friends with people who are rebels/cops/poseidon/nhs real fast, and to be honest, it rarely happens. When I was a cop on Arma3 RPUK, every new player I met, would receive full support from me and financial support. But when I see how rebels treat the new players, not helping them, and even if they RDM'ed someone, its most of the time a insta report, because no one pays attention to those who are unfamiliar with the way RPUK works.

2. The difference between arma and GTA5. So heres the thing, GTA5 in lots of ways has a way better and interesting approach, since it was a made from scratch design, there lots of stuff people could think of (Suggestions and Dev works) Meaning the economy could be worked on without ruining the server, but for example if we change/wipe the economy on arma3 it would either break it even further, or make alot of people angry. I get the grind they did to get 100million in the bank. But I would say, change that. Make it so that if they want to keep that 100million they gotta work harder. In FiveM example the vehicle impound is a great source of income for brand new players, its great. But on arma 3, for brand new players, If i can be very honest, unless doing illegal work, there is not a single job they can do that is rewarding when it comes to money. Picking apples is not even worth it unless you are trying to prestige. Picking oranges though in FiveM is not a great income but is definitely better than picking apples on arma. 

3. Now onto the last subject: Toxicity. Toxicity runs through this server, and is mostly unseen. Friendship groups who don't give people a chance, unless they have some sort of connection. I'm not just talking about civ life, i'm also talking about factions, Police and Poseidon. When I was in police, I saw very capable people, who had the skill and passion for that certain unit but never passed cause they weren't friends with the Director of that unit, when some of their own members weren't that skilled. I don't mind a unit that are all friends, i'm talking about people who don't allow or make it WAY harder to enter that specific unit because they want only/mostly friends in that unit. To add another point, gangs, the toxicity never stops, its constant gunfight after gunfight. There are really never any real roleplay scenarios that people do anymore because either gangs or police shut them down. I've had a bunch of scenarios when robbing bank, acting as a high court enforcement agent and im taking the valuables because the bank has not paid their debt. In my personal say, about 50% of the time, it worked. The other 50% is officers rushing in, saying hands up hands up and then yelling taser taser. Sometimes not even allowing my scenario to be told to them. 

I would like this server to really change and make arma exciting and make changes that we could all love. I did make a gang borders suggestion once which was laughed at and shut down, Now i see people voting for that when the state of the server was the exact same back then. In my personal opinion make more jobs that are rewarding and make people want to stay. I adore this community I really do, but the insta reports, and anger that people throw at each other is ridiculous, I understand when there was a no show when asking for a liasion. But if no one can work together in a liasion then call an admin and ask for personal opinions. 

@Jim CarryYou are referring to red zones....

There is no roleplay opportunities there. Those are made to be a battle of attrition, there is no other reason for them. If you don't like the redzone fights, don't go to the red zones?

Sorry, I am not meaning to sound like a smart arse here, but that is the whole reason we have red zones. Those that want to fight go there, and those that don't, don't. Have you considered that maybe Poseidon wanted to fight gangs and it was annoying that police kept showing up?

first of we struggled a lot for holding the zones and the fight lasted over 2 and a half houer only poseidon.
Why is it that you have to hold the zones?

That is just not adding up. first of we struggled a lot for holding the zones and the fight lasted over 2 and a half houer only poseidon
What are you on about? The redzones are a place to fight, and if you don't like the fight you admit defeat and leave the zones. Poseidon have done that before when there are gangs which completely dominate us, and likewise other groups have done it to us when it is the other way around. 

we got a small break well then SAf comes and we tough finaly mabye we get into a gang fight for ones
When we see the SAF, we immediately head that way so that we can get our hands on some extra things. We need blasting charges, supressors and other special items just as much as rebels. Before the new SAF, we had no blasting charges, so even if the opportunity arose we would not be able to do one, now at least we can, due to having them as both civ and Poseidon. 

If you are talking about the one today, it was 2 Poseidon vs 5 of you boys, and it took just 2 of us to clear that SAF of you lot, before the rest of the faction got there. Whilst yes, we do often have numbers on our side, quite often we are heavily outnumbered with MRAPs and higher calibre weapons, capable at firing from greater ranges that us. We have a cap of 2 ifrits, and we only pull out 1 ifrit if we can justify it and believe we will not lose it, meaning we are restricted to when we will use them. 

Your gang literally took advantage of this yesterday, with all of us being at redzones you lot were robbing salt, and due to none of the people you were robbing sending dispatches, you robbed a lot of different people there before Poseidon got involved after eventually finding out. When Poseidon are in one place, they won't be in another... Multiple bank robberies occur (both police and poseidon) and do not get responded to due to being unable to get over there always, which is another advantage Poseidon being in other places gives rebels. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back