What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

'The new redzone approach'

Look forward to coming too your base with a gun boat , just saying :)
Oh man, that brings me memories of when MPU launched a full scale attack on the PLF peninsula and we ended up stealing it. Those were some fun times.

Think you are gonna find alot of arguments will start.

"I wasn't even in the red zone"

Last red zone it was easy to tell if they was in or out. This time is a bit more difficult. 

I feel this could cause a lot of drama as peoples interpretation of a threat varies I mean what if someone comes up to you whilst your gearing up with a gun on his back so you just ignore him as his weapons holstered yet the moment you buy your weapon he draws his gun and kills you as he sees you as a threat, I feel it should either be a kos area or not as its to much of a grey area where alot of salt will be spilled over the comming weeks lol

I feel this could cause a lot of drama as peoples interpretation of a threat varies I mean what if someone comes up to you whilst your gearing up with a gun on his back so you just ignore him as his weapons holstered yet the moment you buy your weapon he draws his gun and kills you as he sees you as a threat, I feel it should either be a kos area or not as its to much of a grey area where alot of salt will be spilled over the comming weeks lol
I feel like you're a threat Blaze.

Good points have been made here, and I agree some tweaking might be necessary.

Maybe I'm reading into posts incorrectly, but it sounds like people would prefer it if they could be straight up killed while processing their drugs or gearing up.

Personally I would find it quite bothersome to be killed with no RP invested (and no opportunity to comply) when simply trying to buy a gun or smoke up at the cannabis garden. 

So, full circle, do we really  need, or want, a red zone where RDM is free for all? Or can we just go back to 'RP Everything'? Either way I don't mind, it's not like I'm gonna be the one using the facilities.

I think I've derailed this topic.. Sorry!

Good points have been made here, and I agree some tweaking might be necessary.

Maybe I'm reading into posts incorrectly, but it sounds like people would prefer it if they could be straight up killed while processing their drugs or gearing up.

Personally I would find it quite bothersome to be killed with no RP invested (and no opportunity to comply) when simply trying to buy a gun or smoke up at the cannabis garden. 

So, full circle, do we really  need, or want, a red zone where RDM is free for all? Or can we just go back to 'RP Everything'? Either way I don't mind, it's not like I'm gonna be the one using the facilities.

I think I've derailed this topic.. Sorry!
I think people are interested in the new red-zone, However until the specific rules and description are released to what is rule-breaking and what is within the rules of this zone then we will have to wait, as the main problem is that initiation only has to be made if there is no threat, but how can one determine what is a threat and what isn't a threat and who is to be the judge?

Which is why I think people are so controversial on the new zone. Vixxy 

I think the whole ' threat ' thing is stupid. Anyone can have a hidden gun, anyone can be a threat. If there in the redzone, they should or can be considered a threat... I love RP but if im in a redzone and some poor soul, no matter how numbered or geared rolls in too, ill 100% end up shooting him...

I don't think we should make it ambigious. It needs to be clear as day no room for interpretation; in redzone - shoot on sight = legit, out of redzone - shoot on sight = RDM / ban. It doesn't need to be more complicated.

I don't think we should make it ambigious. It needs to be clear as day no room for interpretation; in redzone - shoot on sight = legit, out of redzone - shoot on sight = RDM / ban. It doesn't need to be more complicated.
This. Making it work thru everyone's interpretations is going to cause ww3. The system with the normal redzone and gang bases in red zone was fantastic and worked well 

Tagging wilco to the thread

@Wilco

I like how everyone is scared of it... these redzones are like DayZ basically, If you feel threatened or know you might get fired on then why would you keep going there... its meant to be a scary place.

I notice alot of people here in this thread voted no for the redzone, a vote which lost but have kept those people in mind with the update of this.

Now we encourage roleplay however its something your going to have to make an on the spot decision about if your in that circle.

The old rules will apply to the circle, no shooting outside of it (try your best at working out where the circle ends) and no shooting into it, unless of course RP as already started. 

Also just to add I was a little confused seeing the title as there is an approach to the peninsula which is a border and I thought the post was about that.

Either way I am certain it will bring a good experience, if you are worried about loosing gear or getting killed here its simple go somewhere else! Altis is a big place

It is your choice to go and process cocaine / buy illegal items / process meth & harvest weed plants, There are other less risky things out there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, if you roll up to the processor and there is a bloke by himself turned toward the processor, tell him to put his hands up.

If you're running around a corner and someone else with a gun is running to pointing it your way... spray the crap outta him (it's the redzone and you can afford to take no chances).

Yes, You could also decide that roleplay is not something you want to do in this zone, the area leading upto it is where you can look and see if there is any activity, this is where rdm is not allowed.

But soon as your in that "hot spot" you as a person have decided to go and take a risk to try and gain "money or an item" depending what the location is.

No risk no reward.

Forgive my ignorance of the red zones, I didn't join until after they was removed.

Is it that they are going to be over the only processing/collecting areas for illegal activities?
If so I'd sadly have to vote against. While it does add some tension to the illegal activities of "risk vs reward" it also discourages people exponentially based on how well armed they and their friends are and how many are in the gang they are in.

Granted this WILL make it more realistic, as the bigger gangs will control more drugs as they can pretty much face stomp anyone trying to sell drugs in a small 2-3 man gang just starting up. But it will also encourage a "join a big gang or die constantly" mentality as they have very little hope of running their few bags of weed to local hoodlums in their neighborhood.
But since its not like real life where people can process drugs in many many places, and we have a common "everyone swings past here to make weed" it will be like John, the small time pot dealer, having to daily face off with the colombian cartel in a 'shoot on sight' processing plant that the cartel strongarms as their own.

I do none of these activities, but the venom and arguments of "lawl well join us and we won't kill you on sight at red zones" I saw in OOC chat in the last server I was in is in part what made me leave it.
It boiled down to that redzones was kill on sight, it was 3 big gangs fighting over them, when the small time drug dealers left out in the cold to either join them, expounding the problem of the big gangs getting bigger by lack of other options for those players, or risk dying 80% of the time soon as they crossed the red edge.

They tried adding you must engage and give 5 seconds to respond but because redzone was 'every man himself' it turned into "Stop or I shoot, FiveFourThreeTwo..(all one word)" and BANG. dead.

Perhaps a 'risk vs reward/pros and cons' option of 2 processors? One that is closer, but redzoned for those that can muscle their way into it for the 'quick turn around' and one that's out of the way, and secluded for the small time guys if they don't want to risk the red zone one. they CAN go to the other, but it's out of the way by a good distance comparatively in the 'triangle of steps', and the turn around due to travel time is worse but safer?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a illegal zone, it's meant to be risky, not be a welcoming place to make campfires and sing songs.

If you are afraid to get hurt, do legal things instead... the reward comes with the risk.

Mr Cardoso, I don't think he's saying remove the risk factor, I think he's saying that independent smugglers and small gangs will be bullied out by the few large gangs. Thereby resulting in a few large rebel groups on the server and no-one bothering to create their own rebel gang, because it's near on impossible break the monopoly of big'uns. Then he's suggesting that why don't you put in alternate locations that take way more time per run but allow the smaller groups a chance at successful runs. I think it's a pretty good idea.

Back