What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rubbish NHS!

tobysteapot

Ok, so I'm not saying that the people in the NHS are bad but the whole NHS system is so very broken. There are only ever medics in kavarla, so dying anywhere other than there means no matter how long you wait no one is ever going to help you! I appreciate that this may be due to low numbers of medics, but there are only ever 2 at most on at any time! It means waiting for a medic outside of kavarla is entirely pointless which if you ask me is ridiculous! What is going on with this at the moment!?

And yes, given the extent of the problem I have decided that I am going to apply to the NHS to try to alleviate problems caused by too few medics, but come on guys this is just stupid! You may as well just get rid of medics because at the moment, they are useless!

They go where people need help... Just wait, they'll get to you.

Most people don't play as medics because they think it's boring, but we'll not discuss that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can insult my way of life, you can insult the way I fly helicopters but when you insult the NHS...

That's when I get HARD.

Sounded so much cooler in my head..and I didn't realise how bad that sounds. Right, to the point.

The area between Kavala and Agios is where most causalities happen, hence the reason medics position themselves in that area. We honestly do try our best to get to everyone in Altis however it is a lot harder than you might think. As Ross said, the job can get very boring which is why I will take a RP opportunity the moment the chance occurs. The biggest problem is that many civilians don't roleplay with us making it really awkward for us as well as annoying. Example:

Medic: Sir, you appear to have a serious wound on your leg after falling to the ground. Try to stay still for me, I need to get a better look.

Civ: Thanks doc I feel better now *runs off*

*medic slowly breaks down into tears as his attempt to roleplay was crushed once again*

Don't get me wrong, the majority of people roleplay so well and if you're one of those people then you have no idea how much we love you! Roleplay is the only thing that keeps a medic going. Lots of people hate on the medics and I understand why; we're not active enough. If you get a chance to properly experience us hopefully you will not deem us "useless".

You can insult my way of life, you can insult the way I fly helicopters but when you insult the NHS...

That's when I get HARD.
That is one of the weirdest fetishes I've ever heard of, please keep don't ever come near me with that kind of weird shit

<3?

And yes, given the extent of the problem I have decided that I am going to apply to the NHS to try to alleviate problems caused by too few medics, but come on guys this is just stupid! You may as well just get rid of medics because at the moment, they are useless!
Don't Bother. 

I've seen the report of you flipping vehicles onto medics. And I don't want someone who goes and slags off the NHS in the Gen. Discussion room stating they are also joining it. If you have an issue with the NHS, I suggest you take it up with myself or another Senior Medical NHS Member.

This is like standing outside a company shouting they're shit, then walking inside and asking for a job application form. Use your head next time. 

A big reason the NHS have a low presence is because we can't get members in to a full server. We're looking into solutions for that but understand, getting revived is a privilege, not a right. We try to be in each city and an air patrol but it's not possible around the clock. Instead of moaning when you don't get revived, try being thankful when you are. 

Now is a good example... server is not currently full... no where near being full and yet not a single medic online. And yes, I am pointing out that the NHS has some serious personnel problems, and then offering to try to help out which to me seems to be a pretty reasonable thing to do to me. Also slagging off is a bit unfair. Yes I was pointing some of the SERIOUS problems the NHS has, but as I said I appreciate this is due to a lack of personnel and am willing to try to help you. Now of course if I do apply you can just reject me instantly, but based on the amount of medics actually around, it would seem you don't seem to get any applicants, so its either me (who genuinely wants to help out) or no one. Now if you think no one is the better option then fine, your choice. Finally, as I explained in that report the car flipping incident was a misunderstanding. Weather or not you believe me is up to you but I doubt it really makes much of a difference anyway.

Now I fully appreciate that you are likely to take that in an offensive way, which is entirely understandable because it is rude. Not because I want to annoy you but because it seems very silly to me that you're turning down help when you clearly need it.

As a Medic we essentially get our fun from actually roleplaying with our patients when we get to a scene, otherwise why would we bother just running about reviving people so they can just bugger off and carry on doing what they were doing on a ROLEPLAY server. Many civilians need to realise that, this is a roleplay server so expect Medics to take a bit longer to get to you as they are more than likely doing that if there are some online. We aren't here to get you up as soon as you request it so you can just blank a Medics attempt to actually roleplay with you so you can get on with making your money or whatever.

Now is a good example... server is not currently full... no where near being full and yet not a single medic online. And yes, I am pointing out that the NHS has some serious personnel problems, and then offering to try to help out which to me seems to be a pretty reasonable thing to do to me. Also slagging off is a bit unfair. Yes I was pointing some of the SERIOUS problems the NHS has, but as I said I appreciate this is due to a lack of personnel and am willing to try to help you. Now of course if I do apply you can just reject me instantly, but based on the amount of medics actually around, it would seem you don't seem to get any applicants, so its either me (who genuinely wants to help out) or no one. Now if you think no one is the better option then fine, your choice. Finally, as I explained in that report the car flipping incident was a misunderstanding. Weather or not you believe me is up to you but I doubt it really makes much of a difference anyway.

Now I fully appreciate that you are likely to take that in an offensive way, which is entirely understandable because it is rude. Not because I want to annoy you but because it seems very silly to me that you're turning down help when you clearly need it.
I'd like to point out that it is nearly midnight here in the UK and with the community being based in the UK, most are probably asleep as it is a weekday, so many of the Medics may have work or school they need to get up for in the morning, hence the lack of medics on at this time of night. Over the past weeks the NHS have recruited a fair few Students that are becoming (or trying to become) more active when they can actually get on the server.

As Sean has stated, the NHS are well aware of such issues, especially not being able to get Medics on during peak hours and solutions are being looked into (for a while as well I believe).

I myself am an MTO [Medical Training Officer] and I have done many interviews this week myself!

If you do not like the way we are doing things then feel free to use another medical service if one should become available.

We have a dedicated team of people who are in the process of being trained up so they can be an effective disease and injury fighting team! Be patient with us and we will get to you. Like Sean said, being revived is a privilege, not a right!

Dr. Enigma

MTO

Now I fully appreciate that you are likely to take that in an offensive way, which is entirely understandable because it is rude. Not because I want to annoy you but because it seems very silly to me that you're turning down help when you clearly need it.
You're really not helping yourself, are you?

In the NHS, we want people who are committed to helping, yes. What we do not want, however, is someone who has very publicly stated that they think we are 'rubbish' and then proceeded to try to tell us how to do our jobs. What we're after, more than anything else, is maturity: something that you seem to be lacking.

Now, there are certain things within the NHS that are not perfect, just like the other two whitelisted groups (the Police and the UNMC), but had you read previous announcements you would have seen that there are currently plans in the works to improve that. @Wilco himself is going to be joining us very soon to see what can be done.

I strongly suggest you think about what you're posting before you post it next time. To me, it sounds like you want to just jump straight in and go "Right, here's what's going to happen..." which is, quite frankly, the last thing that anyone needs.

**This thread is requested to be locked**

There are better methods to address problems than this. And someone with common sense and some level of maturity would of realized that. Now back to the choice of take you or no-one:

shSOWT4.png

We have applications everyday. But we want excellent roleplayers, and people who put the time in their application to show us they are serious as well. The success rate of applications is probably 40-60%. Interview success rate is 43.30%.

So yes, we may be short on numbers right now, for various reason of which I touched on some. However taking the stance "quantity over quality" is not what we are about. At midnight you're going to see a lot less medics, police and civs. At peak times, people getting home from work will struggle getting a slot. But you're attitude of "addressing the problem" is unacceptable. 

So thank you very much for bring these issues to my attention, and for registering you interest in joining the NHS. However you do not appear to have the skills we require for role, and therefor I must inform you that any pending or future applications will be unsuccessful. Please re-apply after 6 months should you still be interested in the role. 

Have a nice day. 

**This thread is requested to be locked**

I have an interview and that 43.30% pass rate sounds like a challenge to me. Challenge accepted!! :)

You posted that around midnight... How many people are going to be playing at midnight during the week?

As a FA medic from America who plays at both time sceduals shit gets tough!!!! Especially when I am the only one online but I love what I do for those perfect role play moments. Also don't expect a medic to just come running when you request us if we are already in a RP situation because you wouldn't see a medic in real life leave mid evaluation after emergency CPR to go to another accident. This is just my humble opinion.

Back