What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Nvidia !! Y U DO THIS

lionel

Destroyer of Shit Tech Advice
Seriously did EA buy out Nvidia at some point and I just didn't realise ????

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/63618/20170203/geforce-experience-login-required-redeem-free-games-nvidia-kills-bundled.htm

Yes this isn't soooo bad you would think at first.... but that's what people said about having to sign up to use geforce experience in the first place, but where does it now go from here? how happy will you be that your game no longer works when you upgrade your Graphics card.... the list goes on (no im not going to bother otherwise i just sound ranty and tin foil hatty) But why make such an issue just to control what you do with your product that you have spent your money on !!! And Nvidia told people the new login system was optional and they wouldn't use it to control your gaming experience .... 

Sounds like I skipped the boat just in time !!! *phew

the reason this was done - although i do not belive it should be allowed - is to stop resellers of keys - for example there was a glitch a couple months ago that allowed you to purchese a nvid card on amazon - they sent you the code asap - you cancel your order and then sell the code - i saw 100s of people do this which is why i belive they put steps like this in place

It's is a shit reason.

I buy a product off you, you say hey I'll give you this free orange with it but .... YOU HAVE TO EAT IT !!! sounds pretty fucking stupid doesn't it. Can my kids ... NO what about my broth .... NO NO NO NO NO ONLY YOU!!!! AND WERE GOING TO MAKE SURE ITS ONLY YOU BY TRACKING THE LIFETIME OF THE ORANGE.... man fuck this shit :/ sorry this has wound me up more than I realised :/ but at the end of the day I am BUYING OUTRIGHT a product ... it is mine to do as I please. I can even install watercooling and sell the heatsink .....

If people are scamming the system then yes it need's fixing. I have seen people on these forums explaining how to scam small companies on amazon and this was defended/allowed by the Top moderator :/ so yeah it is a problem, but this is not the way to fix it ....

This is a much better idea - product cannot be refunded only replaced if the game is already activated, or the full price of the game is deducted from the refund if the copy has been activated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously did EA buy out Nvidia at some point and I just didn't realise ????

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/63618/20170203/geforce-experience-login-required-redeem-free-games-nvidia-kills-bundled.htm

Yes this isn't soooo bad you would think at first.... but that's what people said about having to sign up to use geforce experience in the first place, but where does it now go from here? how happy will you be that your game no longer works when you upgrade your Graphics card.... the list goes on (no im not going to bother otherwise i just sound ranty and tin foil hatty) But why make such an issue just to control what you do with your product that you have spent your money on !!! And Nvidia told people the new login system was optional and they wouldn't use it to control your gaming experience .... 

Sounds like I skipped the boat just in time !!! *phew

I for one welcome our nVidia Overlords.

Back