What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

May this be a lesson to everybody who uses warningshots

Private video when I tried to play. Shots fired show aggresive intent. Free to engage them in my eyes without further rp. That was their decision?

Shooting at a heli as warning shots, is basically you saying, "leave or Die, we are hostile and do not want you here", warning shots should not be done unless you are sure you have the area secure, because if the heli didn't leave you would shoot it down killing the pilot, so expect them to return fire.

But bragging about killing people in an RP community is a no no, personally should not post that sort of stuff.

There was denying of roleplay at all. I was at the situation I was the guy you decided to shoot when I had my gun on my back and was not involved in shooting at the helicopters, the other guys were in the middle of a gunfight so they were warning the helicopter to leave as they thought it was spotting for them.
That's something you need to discuss privately with the shooter, as for what I have said, it still applies as I was referencing what Cool had said in his earlier post.

As I said remove the post if you believe it promotes shooting over roleplay. It was never the intention as I stated. 

On another note.. what is the problem with posting a video with a gunfight? 

Its part of the game and it happens, posting a video on it doesnt mean oh we dont encourage rp..

actually.. just yesterday i rp'd with PLF for over an hour, so pls guys xxx x

p.s gd shot

That's what they get for shooting at your heli, nice shooting! 

On another note.. what is the problem with posting a video with a gunfight? 

Its part of the game and it happens, posting a video on it doesnt mean oh we dont encourage rp..

actually.. just yesterday i rp'd with PLF for over an hour, so pls guys xxx x

p.s gd shot
I have seen other post that are very much like mine with no complaints, but if it is not aproved this will be my last post in this section as I do not want any trouble. I dont understand why my topic is so different from the others. 

Wait... I recently flanked round the back of a player and turned him into a piece of Swiss cheese because he was firing warning shots at my chopper, denying us from landing.

I've always been told warning shots are initiation however this guy said that they are not and spoke to staff to get the same response.

Can someone PLEASE clarify the rules around this?

I have seen other post that are very much like mine with no complaints, but if it is not aproved this will be my last post in this section as I do not want any trouble. I dont understand why my topic is so different from the others. 
A lot of people have negative synergy!

Shooting at a heli as warning shots, is basically you saying, "leave or Die, we are hostile and do not want you here", warning shots should not be done unless you are sure you have the area secure, because if the heli didn't leave you would shoot it down killing the pilot, so expect them to return fire.
So that mentality against, what about with the medics? I don't think it should be "leave or Die", just "we are hostile and do not want you here" in general. Not a valid initiation.

we the leave or die aspect is the warning shots, because if you do not leave then they will shoot you down and you will die, medics do not come into it, as this is combat related, you are protected by server rules.

So you know you will never be shot down if anyone ever gives warning shots to a medic it would be to tell you 1 thing, their is still a fight here/we dont want you to revive people.

So that mentality against, what about with the medics? I don't think it should be "leave or Die", just "we are hostile and do not want you here" in general. Not a valid initiation.
I agree with this. I could be role-playing with someone, having a great session.

Then along comes a helicopter flying too low, no-one can hear anyone clearly.
So I fire some warning shots... 

But the guys in the helicopter take is as "LEAVE or DIE". Whereas I meant it as " Can you leave the area please, I can't hear anyone talk ".
Warning shots should not be considered any kind of hostile initiation... there is simply NO other way to ask a helicopter to leave the area at the moment.

Well. We went to support and we got told warningshots was initiatiation. And again I shot since they used normal bullets aswell. Maybe an admin can explain further on that?

Last edited by a moderator:

But bragging about killing people in an RP community is a no no, personally should not post that sort of stuff.
In a situation like this i agree , but there is not much of a problem with tagging your mates as a joke , ie uploading a video of you going 1 v 4 against an Ifrit and winning. Or a video of you destroying one of in a gun fight. Something like the video that as uploaded is the wrong way to upload a gun fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, turtles are superpeaceful?

But they can bite your finger off! So be careful!!

Back