What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

malware/spyware fail.

Ronnie Pickering

So after yesterday stupidly dowloading something i ended up with loads off malware, spyware, virus? etc. i got rid of it successfully but my sounds are fucked up. first VLC wasnt giving out any sound, not showing in volume mixer. fixed it eventually with changing some things and resetting some things.. but now BF4 isnt giving any sounds too. also, not showing in the volume mixer.

anyone who can help me fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
google combofix Be careful

there are many many different guides how to use it properly. If you really have no idea , pm me and we can organise a tech session

Last edited by a moderator:
google combofix Be careful

there are many many different guides how to use it properly. If you really have no idea , pm me and we can organise a tech session
Might be a good idea to re-install sound drivers whilst you're at it to make sure you tackle the problem from the ground up.

I would re-install the whole system.. after getting hit by malware, you never know what affected or where it still can be at.

EH, that's alot of work since i only have one drive and no backup. last resort for me
I work in security, and that's a very wrong way of thinking.

Once you start loosing personal information, emails hacked, credit cards used, you will think "Hey.. i shoulda just wiped my pc.. it works faster now and everything!"

Today's malware are no joke.

Once you start loosing personal information, emails hacked, credit cards used, you will think "Hey.. i shoulda just wiped my pc.. it works faster now and everything!"

+1

I've taken a lot of short cuts in terms of security and regret it very much, it's less work for you in the long run just to do a clean reinstall.

Alright, i didnt know that. good to know thanks. altough i'm not sure it was malware. i dowloaded something wrong, got loads of popup adds and stuff. does that class as maleware?

Alright, i didnt know that. good to know thanks. altough i'm not sure it was malware. i dowloaded something wrong, got loads of popup adds and stuff. does that class as maleware?
When you download something like that, generally it's paid installs for the application owner... so there could be anything on your system at this point. OS reinstall is the only way to guarantee a clean system.

Have a word with lionel, he'll help you sort it if you need any assistance.

- Marc

Back