What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Introducing star citizen to newer players ;)!

Ronnie Pickering

Hello, first of all this post will be about star citizen. so read on if you are interested!.

Most people know about this game, but IF you don't know about star citizen, you probably never heared of it because the developer's don't want to spend money on and marketing just yet/ or its not your genre. It's a alpha crowd funded game currently sitting at 100m, yes 100m dollars in donation's. remember this is crowd funded the game has no publisher. Star citizen is a real life sim/game in space. When i first heared about this game i was like 'meh i'm not really into sci-fi but i'll have a look.'

I watched this video first. even though video is pretty short i was blown away. the game itself is absolutely beautiful. the game is running on cry engine. the lead developer is chris roberts, yes the same chris roberts who made the movies lord of war and outlander. the game received donations from members from NASA, crew of startrek and many more. the HUDS in the starships are actually made by the lead designer from startrek!

Anything you can imagine you can do in this game. i could tell more about this privately (if you want) what the feature's are. The ships are absolutely bloody amazing. ever seen the ships in star trek ? like the really huge ones ? well you can own them in this game, and it actually can transport more than 100 people, real online people. including 10 crew members you need to control the ship.

You want to be a bounty hunter, smuggler, medic, fps dude, search and rescuer, ammo supplier, roleplayer go for it. want to just chill for a few hours or days? fine, go to the bar's in all the different planets you can land on. YES you can land on every planet when the game releases. some will be populated some will be not for example to mine on. go have a drink with random strangers, listen to your own music ingame, ( yep you can put your own music in the actuall game) chill in your hanger, and do loads of more stuff. alright so that should be enough info in one post.

This is the multiplayer video check it out! watch it you wont regret it.

The last thing, don't get me wrong i did NOT make this post to advertise anything, but i'm in this community for star citizen and its absolutely amazing for newer players! If you are intrested in hearing more/trying out the game, leave a reply, i'll PM you, and i'll tell you all about it!

If the last 2 lines are still being seen as 'advertisement' i will remove them. i'm only giving other people a opportunity to expierence this upcoming amazing game. (yes i'm a fanboi)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, the apple king @DainMK told me about the game a little bit  and got me intrigued about the game...

I have heard the positive stuff, are you able, as a fan, tell me the bad things about the game using the same determination  when you wrote about  it in this post? 

PeachMaster. 

Alright, the apple king @DainMK told me about the game a little bit  and got me intrigued about the game...

I have heard the positive stuff, are you able, as a fan, tell me the bad things about the game using the same determination  when you wrote about  it in this post? 

PeachMaster. 
Alright, well.

From what i've seen the game had/has his bug's and flaw's but many people forgot 2015 was not a 'content adding year' they finished their base code for the game somewhat in decemember. Now in 2016 they announced they will be working on adding content. In 20 days they managed to fix my FPS from 15 - 40 to 25 - 60. They also added the PU, this means persistent universe, no loading screens anywhere. ok but anyway im being fanboi again. ofcourse the game is in some eyes different.

1. The learning cure, now it isn't THAT big there are alot of flight sims etc who are way more advanced. But i can see you having a hard time if you only play games like fps's, arma's and just not sims in general.

2. their way of recieving donations. now this is the BIG thing everybody is worrying about. Most of the ships ingame are bought with IRL money. now this is NOT p2w because they will be releasing all the ships in the full release (being able to buy them with ingame money) so if you want to buy a expensive ship it's basicly for backing since not even all of them are flyable yet.

3. Developement is fast altough it still could take some time. Altough, q3 will come with squadron 43, the single player aspect of the game with about 40ish hours in gameplay. late 17 is expected to release. but hey, its an alpha game.

so all summed up :

1. you need a decent pc to run this.

2. buying expensive ships might be intruiging right now, i recommend only getting one for now.

3. waiting time.

4. well bugs, but every game alpha game has this. that's the point of alpha, testing.

So too be honest, from a neutral standing point i see no major things to worry about right now. their developers are good, they are constantly pushing more content and they are upholding their promises.

If you're upto it i can do my 'star citizen in 20 min's'

Soz for grammar bit tired and typing this fast.

any feel free to hmu if you wanna play at all :)

Love the look of it, but it seems complicated, and those that know me know that I don't do complicated things very well, such as trying to walk forwards on Mount Your Friends (*cough* @Elakin @San Miguel)

Seems interesting, surpised people in this community are playing it, might look into getting it :D

We have a group going feel free to join us :D
If i do get the game be sure ill be wanting to hang along :p

Back