What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Horrible 1st experience

I got lucky again. 

I saw a van and checked my keys. Locked them in it, and a police officer chased them down after they tried to run me over.  

Turns out they were newbies and literally happened to be there.

Sometimes you have to fall down just to get up again. I've been playing on this server for a year, and I started from a lowly cider farmer, to cop, to mentor, in-game mod, and now admin.

Families are always rising and falling on Altis Life, just have to chase your destiny. Don't give up.

Thanks. It was just reminiscant of the south park episode - 

We'll take you money put in in here, move it there aaaaaand it's gone.

you can join my clan if you want :)

i welcome everyone to my gang as long as they arent bastards

Thanks all.  

I went back on, had a few hair moments, And started chatting to a chap called 'Charlie'. Nice guy - Told me that I should always have a weapon and gave me a bunch of cash for a licence and pistol. Why can't they all be more like that?

Faith has been restored somewhat.

Just remember that if you get your vehicle stolen, report it to the police. That way if it gets spotted It will be returned or if it's found with illegal stuff it likely won't be scrapped.

Also if you ever feel that a processing or selling area is not safe, contact the police. Most of the time there will a unit that will be available for assistance whether that's for clearing or guarding an area if interest.

I honestly hate how almost every civilian on the servers wants to be a badass and rob/kill people. It's really hard to find a good group that do legal work, or even just don't go around to rob people. In my opinion it's quite disturbing that since I started playing almost a year ago most of the population is now hostile.

Just perceiver and keep going at it, you might get lucky and make a few friends who have some decent shots and be able to make a few safe runs to get you kitted out.

Sorry to hear you've suffered that sort of fate so far, it's just the mentality of people at the moment. Goodluck! 

So I signed up for this about 2 days ago -  zero ARMA 3 experience, but though it would be a laugh. took me a while to figure out the controls etc.  

I muck about, get mugged twice (Once they searched me and I had nothing, The other, They shot me - Still I had nothing)  - No biggie.

So Today - I am driving a van back from processing Cider - I get told on OOC chat that Cider can no longer be sold. That was a waste of Time.  

The van slips and lands on its side. I didnt know how to flip it, So I leave it and log out for dinner.  

Log back on, and spawn inside the clothes shop - Walk around to get out and hear:  'Hands on your head buddy..' Not even 30 seconds after spawning. There goes all the work from my run before I logged out. ah well, I get on with it.  

I Head to the garage, And there is no Van listed there - I get told to wait for the reset. Excellent, So I can't play the game I wanted to play cos my van has gone. Ah well, I'll find something else to do. 

I get my quad bike out and head to the car shop to price up another car. I walk next to my quad bike, Unlock it and before I can click, someone else jumps on and rides off.

To top it all, Turns out my backpack is gone - I guess it was nicked by the first guys, So now I have no bike, No Van, No backpack and little money. about 3 hours of newbie play gone. Would actually be more efficient for me to generate a brand new character. 

I ask in OOC Chat about it and it's 'That's Life Esqy'. 

I expected there to be a bit of skullduggery, but c'mon. I have to start the game again, but at a handicap  - True I have my licences, but that's it. I now need to run to the apple fields to get apples to buy another bike. I have had no fun so far.

Rant Over.
If you'd like to be an apprentice in my gang ( a role we teach people )

Send me a PM

I dont know what it is but I am actually enjoying reading this, I want to know what happens next, anyone interested in starting a blog on altis life, it would be good to get a catchup on someones activity daily?

I try to help people when I can, Most of the money i earn in the police i give away to friends joining the server, once you have a stable income and a few guys to roll with you'll be fine, no need for rebel gear or a big gang if you dont want to. <3

Dont let it get you down.

My first 2 days on the server consisted of:

Pick apples for hours, buy box truck..get robbed truck stolen.
Stand around a bit talking waiting for paychecks to buy offroad.
Drive it out of garage to road, some sports hatchback doing 5000k/h hits me. kills me and offroad blows up.
Buy one more offroad, do oil runs save up for tempest.
Buy tempest, be broke with my shiny new truck, go to see prices of handgun license (so I can try to stop it getting stolen during a robbery), have tempest stolen in greenzone 5 minutes after buying it.

What made me stay was the RP I got from officers during the NEXT holdup they stopped after I bought ANOTHER tempest, and the first true RP robbery after that. 

Robber wanted my keys, because he wanted the stuff inside the truck.
Told him i would give him the items in the truck with no resistance. He said "I have nothing to put it in I need your truck" I replied "Well..you didn't plan this thievery out very well did you? Stealing items with nothing to carry it away in..."
And he started RP'ing with his partner about how his partner was an idiot for not thinking that far ahead..they walked off to their car fighting about whose job it was to think about HOW they was going to carry off 100 unit of oil once they robbed someone..and let me go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for the support guys. By the end of last night, I'd met a few diamonds. Through my own stupidness, I clicked 'Respawn' at the end of last night (Everything of value was sold/banked, so it was ok)  

So it's going alright, I decide to pick up a few bits to go mining aswell as the usual Backpack, GPS, 1st Aid, Repair kit and Aviators. Head to the copper mine. Stop my van - 'Hands on your head, get out of the car or I'll shoot.  

I get out, Fumbling for Shift-J. Put in my earplugs by accident (Shift-P) tell the guy I'm trying to comply but literally only have a pickaxe... Boom headshot. There goes my mining career.  

So I Shrug, accidentally respawn in not-Kavala. Hiding in houses whenever I hear a car or see light while I slink to the garage. Clearly there is some sort of bug, as the garage wasn't loading (Kept saying Searching Database...) After a long while of trying and re-trying, eventually get my off-road out, Start driving to Kavala... Maniac in a truck ploughs straight into me.   

So I use the opportunity to logout and grab a drink/snack. I log back in... I hear the 'If Carlsberg made RPGs...' soundbit. Then as the camera zooms in to me... BOOM, someone knocks me out. First thing I see is ground. He may have RP'd, I don't know what the time between the guy appearing and me Hearing stuff and controlling him is.

So... Admins.. Can you check and see If my toon has a target on his back?

I'm sure I'll be back, And I'm sure I'll find more to moan about. All the above being said, It has a morbid enjoyability being a punchbag for people who want to live out their fantasy of being able to rob people on the street

(I honestly could not make any of this up)

Thanks again for the support guys. By the end of last night, I'd met a few diamonds. Through my own stupidness, I clicked 'Respawn' at the end of last night (Everything of value was sold/banked, so it was ok)  

So it's going alright, I decide to pick up a few bits to go mining aswell as the usual Backpack, GPS, 1st Aid, Repair kit and Aviators. Head to the copper mine. Stop my van - 'Hands on your head, get out of the car or I'll shoot.  

I get out, Fumbling for Shift-J. Put in my earplugs by accident (Shift-P) tell the guy I'm trying to comply but literally only have a pickaxe... Boom headshot. There goes my mining career.  

So I Shrug, accidentally respawn in not-Kavala. Hiding in houses whenever I hear a car or see light while I slink to the garage. Clearly there is some sort of bug, as the garage wasn't loading (Kept saying Searching Database...) After a long while of trying and re-trying, eventually get my off-road out, Start driving to Kavala... Maniac in a truck ploughs straight into me.   

So I use the opportunity to logout and grab a drink/snack. I log back in... I hear the 'If Carlsberg made RPGs...' soundbit. Then as the camera zooms in to me... BOOM, someone knocks me out. First thing I see is ground. He may have RP'd, I don't know what the time between the guy appearing and me Hearing stuff and controlling him is.

I'm sure I'll be back, And I'm sure I'll find more to moan about. All the above being said, It has a morbid enjoyability being a punchbag for people who want to live out their fantasy of being able to rob people on the street

i want to join you being punched around

Please if you see me on text  me I would love to spend the day with you lol

Sounds like you have had a very rough start, have you looked into joining a gang so you can have people to watch your back?

Could probably start my own gang at this rate - The 'Come at me Bro's'.  

It has been suggested to me RobEire, but I wanted to try and get a feel for the game 1st as I'd never even played Arma before.  

To be fair, the people who have been nice, Have been amazing. Especially the Cops I have encountered, and the guy who said I looked skinny so gave me 3 apples and 2 Unprocessed Weeds.

I could just buy a house in the green zone... Or park a camper van there...

Back