What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Good GPU for High settings?

Just make sure you know your motherboard model and it can support the GPU, as I said. Nothing worse than buying incompatible components. If they don't play nice when you get them, try updating the MOBO. With that beastly rig I'd save up for a GTX970, I really would. It's good bang-for-buck and will last a long while (in electronic component years anyway).
Alright, the only reason why i have £160 would be 200 and can still be 200 depending if i change my mind. But christmas is comming up and saving 40 for my mum and dad

Would be interesting to know how the SSD gets on. Let me test it now!" 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the other day I was reminising about playing the wire frame version of elite for so long I ended up stumbling outside being sick due to motion sickness :D

Not sure if i have you beaten on the age front but my grandmother would rise and beat me should I ever dare ask ;)

That was his frame boost, i am unaware of his settings, we read that arma relies on the drive heavily so he changed j his one to the ssd and had a large performance increase. I can't confirm it as I don't have an ssd, when I get one I will let you know.

If you post your hardware stats we could could give you better advice

That was his frame boost, i am unaware of his settings, we read that arma relies on the drive heavily so he changed j his one to the ssd and had a large performance increase. I can't confirm it as I don't have an ssd, when I get one I will let you know.

If you post your hardware stats we could could give you better advice
hardware stats such as?

My i5 3330 and GTX 760ti will get about 40 frames on high with no recording, and of course with the nvidia settings configured accordingly (many people don't configure these and end up losing a good 10 or 15 frames). If I'm recording, I set everything to medium, and turn the textures down to low. 

what type of processor you have

how much ram

what type of graphics card do you have ?

how much space do you have left on your HDD

what type of hdd do you have

Just an FYI,  currently there is a massive issued with nvidia 970 and 980 cards in this game and others.

I've got dual 980s and I get 40 fps on ultra with all bells and whistles. But the cards are literally sitting at about 20% utilisation each.

Just throwing this out there if someone gets a 970 or 980 in the sales this week and doesn't get the performance they expected.

what type of processor you have - I5 3570k
how much ram - 16gb
what type of graphics card do you have ? - Asus GTX 650
how much space do you have left on your HDD - I use a SSD for my OP system so about 150 gb
what type of hdd do you have - 1TB

LISTEN!!!!

Rule Nr.1 In Arma the CPU is way more important than the GPU!!!

Make sure that you got more than enough CPU power, otherwise the GPU doesnt do a thing!!!

LISTEN!!!!

Rule Nr.1 In Arma the CPU is way more important than the GPU!!!

Make sure that you got more than enough CPU power, otherwise the GPU doesnt do a thing!!!
£240 CPU. Im pretty sure i have decent enough bro thx for advice tho. Thinking about buying 2 more monitors for a 3 monitor setup

£240 CPU. Im pretty sure i have decent enough bro thx for advice tho. Thinking about buying 2 more monitors for a 3 monitor setup
That's fine for games other than Arma 3 (racing games in particular), but there are no gpu/cpu combinations that will allow you to run a triple screen setup (e.g. 5760x1080) with ultra settings (inc max AA etc) at anywhere near 60 fps.

Look through this thread for Helo's Arma 3 benchmark mission: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151794-ArmA3Mark-Benchmark-your-ArmA-3 there are plenty of very powerful systems in that thread and they all struggle to get to 60fps at vanilla resolutions.

I ran dual 780 ti's till recently and they struggled to give me a solid 60fps (no dips) at 1080p. With 3 times the pixels, I can't see anything being able to drive it at max settings, unless you're throwing something crazy at it like quad 980s or something daft. Even my dual 980s are having issues at the moment, so quad sli probably wouldn't work either.

Arma 3 is the modern version of Crysis in regards to testing video gaming hardware and probably will remain so until BIS pull their finger out and optimize it a bit.

In regards to CPU, my 4770K @ 4.2 only loads up a core or 2. Unparking cores, exotic mem allocation modules, command line switches, tweaks galore, etc doesn't change it much (it certainly doesn't warrant the hassle imo). So there is definitely a threshold for when a CPU is good enough that you can pass.

Trust me if you want you want to overclock the CPU rather than buying a new GPU.

The 650 is still good enough to atleast give you about 60 FPS on Ultra (If your CPU plays along)

That's fine for games other than Arma 3 (racing games in particular), but there are no gpu/cpu combinations that will allow you to run a triple screen setup (e.g. 5760x1080) with ultra settings at anywhere near 60 fps.

Look through this thread for Helo's Arma 3 benchmark mission: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151794-ArmA3Mark-Benchmark-your-ArmA-3

I ran dual 780 ti's till recently and they struggled to give me a solid 60fps (no dips) at 1080p. With 3 times the pixels, I can't see anything being able to drive it at max settings, unless you're throwing something crazy at it like quad 980s or something daft. Even my dual 980s are having issues at the moment, so quad sli probably wouldn't work either.

Arma 3 is the modern version of Crysis in regards to testing video gaming hardware.
Modern version of Crysis? Certainly not!

Crysis used to be a proper game that demanded a pretty badass CPU/GPU combination.

Arma is just broken and demands 10 times a much CPU Power as necessary.

Trust me if you want you want to overclock the CPU rather than buying a new GPU.

The 650 is still good enough to atleast give you about 60 FPS on Ultra (If your CPU plays along)
Uhmm i would over clock but my cpu already gets too hot so ill rather get water cooling or something before i overclock.

Uhmm i would over clock but my cpu already gets too hot so ill rather get water cooling or something before i overclock.
 A decent built air cooling system is as good as if not slightly better than a bog standard AIO water cooled option

Back