What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Galaxy S7 - Steep batterydrop

puppy1004

Richest Kavala Hobo
Hello,

So recently I have bought a Samsung Galaxy S7. At first the batterylife was doing amazing but suddenly after about two weeks I started noticing that the battery percentage started going down quicker after ~60%.

Does anybody know why this could be? The two biggest power usage on my phone are:

Screen 33%

Android system 24%

Picture:

Wx4SRIP.png

I just use my phone normally, browsing the web, listening to spotify, whatsapping etc.

The screenbrightness is set to Auto, but manual doesn't make a difference either :/ Normally the screenbrightness is ~50%

I have followed all of Samsung's battery charging tips.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need any further information, just message me.

- Puppy

Last edited by a moderator:
can you click on the bar graph at the top and take another screenshot plz

Was just looking at this as i have the s7 edge myself, i'm in the middle of a remote support session but i'll come back to this shortly.

basically, what it is saying, is that your battery is draining from trying to get a network signal (I have been having the same issue as yourself recently) have you ran any updates on your phone recently, or do you have any updates pending ?

there are apps that can shut off your mobile signal when it drops below a certain limit for a set period of time, but this doesn't really fix your issue.

Has this only been a recent issue ? it could be as simple as your network are doing work on a tower and have shut one down near you for maintenance. 
but yeah, have noticed the same recently so do wonder if its a android thing atm (but I haven't changed anything on my device recently so this would be quite curios)

basically, what it is saying, is that your battery is draining from trying to get a network signal (I have been having the same issue as yourself recently) have you ran any updates on your phone recently, or do you have any updates pending ?

there are apps that can shut off your mobile signal when it drops below a certain limit for a set period of time, but this doesn't really fix your issue.

Has this only been a recent issue ? it could be as simple as your network are doing work on a tower and have shut one down near you for maintenance. 
but yeah, have noticed the same recently so do wonder if its a android thing atm (but I haven't changed anything on my device recently so this would be quite curios)
I have the issue since I updated to the new Samsung update (This was about a week ago orso).

I normally keep 4G on, my network has not done any maintenance since I have this phone. 

I have the issue since I updated to the new Samsung update (This was about a week ago orso).

I normally keep 4G on, my network has not done any maintenance since I have this phone. 
I have my 4g + wifi on and my battery is pretty solid. Does Spotify keep your screen active?

That's what i see in mine, also have the AOD on, brightness set to auto.
I used to have that aswell, but recently it has started dropping pretty hard. especially after it reached ~60 percent

Normal: 1% per 10 minute(ish)

After ~60%/after update: 10% per 10 minutes

which is quite an increase :/

svFxizz.jpg

As you can see, its near 60% and the battery just drops dramaticly (second graph)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have that aswell, but recently it has started dropping pretty hard. especially after it reached ~60 percent

Normal: 1% per 10 minute(ish)

After ~60%/after update: 10% per 10 minutes

which is quite an increase :/
If you fully charge it to 100%, then restart it, and press the left soft-key and close any running apps when it restarts. Try not to use it for a couple of hours so it can recalibrate it's run-time and see if the graph is still as harsh. I know not using snapchat will be hard, but see how it goes.

Ahh sod it ... Stoopid lionel, not thinking and moonspeak language ! yeah the screen drain :/ 

Im gonna go jump off a bridge !

If you fully charge it to 100%, then restart it, and press the left soft-key and close any running apps when it restarts. Try not to use it for a couple of hours so it can recalibrate it's run-time and see if the graph is still as harsh. I know not using snapchat will be hard, but see how it goes.
I will do that, with fast charging or normal charging?

Zeito, how is his bird going to cope without the cheeky little dick pics?!

Back