What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Controller drivers for Xbox One Windows 7

Kakujaa

Royal Flush
Hello.

So basically my controller has been working perfectly these past couple of months when I have it plugged into my PC but suddenly today it's appeared as an unknown device. I uninstalled the drivers as it wasn't recognized and now it's not reinstalling the drivers it's really annoying me. Have any of you had this issue? 

https://gyazo.com/1f966608c87b58e090f85c820e86bda1

Hello.

So basically my controller has been working perfectly these past couple of months when I have it plugged into my PC but suddenly today it's appeared as an unknown device. I uninstalled the drivers as it wasn't recognized and now it's not reinstalling the drivers it's really annoying me. Have any of you had this issue? 

https://gyazo.com/1f966608c87b58e090f85c820e86bda1
How does it connect, usb or wireless? if usb - are you always using the same port or have you tried one on a different bus i.e. from a front port to a rear port.

when that installer is running, is there any dialog/messagebox the comes up behind it if you drag it away/tab through windows to see what's open?

Have you tried running the installer as administrator?

Tried the controller on another computer to ensure it works and isnt faulty?

How does it connect, usb or wireless? if usb - are you always using the same port or have you tried one on a different bus i.e. from a front port to a rear port.

when that installer is running, is there any dialog/messagebox the comes up behind it if you drag it away/tab through windows to see what's open?

Have you tried running the installer as administrator?

Tried the controller on another computer to ensure it works and isnt faulty?
It's currently connected via a Xbox One usb cable. The controller is definitely not faulty. It wont let me run it as administrator. No dialog/messagebox. Any chance you could hop on teamviewer?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's currently connected via a Xbox One usb cable. The controller is definitely not faulty. It wont let me run it as administrator. No dialog/messagebox. Any chance you could hop on teamviewer?
hold shift, right click on the installer, it should show 'Run As Administrator', or right click on it and goto properties, there should be an option in there.

hold shift, right click on the installer, it should show 'Run As Administrator', or right click on it and goto properties, there should be an option in there.
I did that but it still didn't show, when I go on properties the option is grey not allowing me to click it.

I did that but it still didn't show, when I go on properties the option is grey not allowing me to click it.
  • is UAC disabled ?
  • Is the run as admin disabled on every file or just this one?
  • have you had malware on system at any point in time ?
Also scouting around on for this on 7 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/200558-run-administrator-add-remove-context-menu-windows-7-a.html

not really sure this is relevant to you as I don't know all the characteristics of the issue

• is UAC disabled ?
  • Is the run as admin disabled on every file or just this one?
  • have you had malware on system at any point in time ?
Also scouting around on for this on 7 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/200558-run-administrator-add-remove-context-menu-windows-7-a.html

not really sure this is relevant to you as I don't know all the characteristics of the issue
Must be some malware, the system was running like a dog, but not maxed on cpu, not thrashing the disk, it just wouldn't seem to actually process anything.

The drivers are an msi file so there's no administrative option. It's an odd one.

Ahh did you remote in and have a peek ?
Running like a dog and not maxed out, Disk IO struggling i would say.

Ahh did you remote in and have a peek ?
I did. It's an AMD 6core cpu, 8gigs of ram, no need for it to be so dire, but just nothing happens.

MSI just does nothing, it doesnt hang, it just never progresses. Resmon doesnt show any massive spikes, or really any activity.

Drivers potentially or stress individual components and see what's below the curve: furmark, prime95, barts. But this doesnt solve the issue with MSI installer.

Want me to take a peek this evening ?

Drivers potentially or stress individual components and see what's below the curve: furmark, prime95, barts. But this doesnt solve the issue with MSI installer.

Want me to take a peek this evening ?
That'd be great thanks.

ill pop on TS around 8ish :) 
I am presuming your forum name and TS name are the same ?

well needed to reboot into safe mode, 2hours later still shutting down.

No motherboard drivers installed :/ Presuming it's been restarted during updates at some point, and powering off instead of waiting isn't doing it any good either. 
chatting on whatsapp whilst waiting he was looking at re-installing the whole machine.

p.s. @Kakujaaif you do go for a re-installation, please ensure your BIOS has the HDD set to AHCI before re-installing Windows.

Back