What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Can anybody please F*** help me, please.

Ronnie Pickering

Hi guys, so this is my last final resort since i know there are some techies here.

About a few days ago my steam chat/ingame voice stopped working. First it was rust. it was not picking up my voice (can hear other people) i thought it was a rust related issue so i stopped gaming and went to my dads for a week. But now i notice it was the same on our server. Nobody can hear me in-game. when i go to steam - voice - test audio it does not pick up ANY sound. I have done numorous things which i found on google but none seem to work.

things i did :

In the audio device manager reinstalled the drivers.

Fiddled around with the recording devices in the volume mixer.

reinstalled video card drivers + audio drivers what comes with them.

and tried selecting different audio recording devices.

none of them work. i'm lost and it's really starting to piss me off. steam is such a shit client jesus christ.

p.s. everything else works (discord, skype ts etc.) but my mic doesn't pic up anything in steam voice.

Any help, please. thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, so this is my last final resort since i know there are some techies here.

About a few days ago my steam chat/ingame voice stopped working. First it was rust. it was not picking up my voice (can hear other people) i thought it was a rust related issue so i stopped gaming and went to my dads for a week. But now i notice it was the same on our server. Nobody can hear me in-game. when i go to steam - voice - test audio it does not pick up ANY sound. I have done numorous things which i found on google but none seem to work.

things i did :

In the audio device manager reinstalled the drivers.

Fiddled around with the recording devices in the volume mixer.

reinstalled video card drivers + audio drivers what comes with them.

and tried selecting different audio recording devices.

none of them work. i'm lost and it's really starting to piss me off. steam is such a shit client jesus christ.

p.s. everything else works (discord, steam ts etc.) but my mic doesn't pic up anything in steam voice.

Any help, please. thankyou.
So I'm guessing your headset or whatever is the Plantronics GameCom. and you say it works in other apps, just not arma or steam? so people can hear you on ts?

So I'm guessing your headset or whatever is the Plantronics GameCom. and you say it works in other apps, just not arma or steam? so people can hear you on ts?
Correct, gamescon 780 is the headset. and yes everything works besides steam.

UPDATE : After 3 days i couldn't be bothered anymore. just did a windows PC reset. it's fixed now.

Wow !! not even a weekend off !!! 

I was about to say you can set the default microphone device in steam, but yeah resetting windows works too ....

Back