What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A Plea From a Medic!

Lord Hank of Kavala

Pro Shitposter
Lifetime Donator
This is a Plea from a medic, It's only from me not the admins or from any of the higher ranking Medical Officers!
 ​
 ​
I am sick and tired of people sending me messages on team speak asking for us to prioritize them for revives.
 ​
I'm not gonna point fingers and say names, but PLEASE stop sending me messages.
 ​
I've had threats to report us for not reviving, I've been threatened to hunt me down and kill me, I've been begged.
 ​
Please note if i have to look at messages that means I'm wasting time getting to you, we do see who's down, and we do take into consideration how long you've been down and we will be coming ASAP.
 ​
I'm going to take it to the admins to get it wrote into the rules to make this against server rules, and i will be making sure that if that is the case to get it sorted. 
 ​
It's ruining me playing Altislife, so please stop sending the messages. Its not only me receiving them, so give the medics a break, sometimes we are in a position where we've got 2 medics online and 25 people down, just wait your turn or re-spawn.
 ​
Patience is Key.
 ​
 ​

I agree that if you die it is very important not to send us a message telling us to come and revive you even if you mean no harm by it, we fully understand it's annoying but I can assure you we do our very best to get to you. If you are waiting 15 minutes + and you think that we are forgetting about you then by all means politely message us, that's understandable.

It is also important that you don't jump into your teamspeak channels and speak to us asking for a revive, that happens to us fairly often (of course there are some exceptions to this). 

Some things to note:

We are not permitted into the UNMC (PRNA whatever) 

Only certain medics are permitted in the redzone

We cannot revive in combat and we need to make sure a known combat situation is safe before approaching

Hope that helps

Alt tabbing to read messages, just slows us down further

This is one of the reasons we don't have as medics on a lot of the time. I remember last time I was on I recived a message stating that "every time you try to revive anyone other than us we will kill you. We will also always rob you if we see you on your civ" I feel like anything like this is blackmail and should be against rule 0.

Please report this to either an admin or one of the mentor team if it happens again. I dont mind having a friendly chat with people who are abusing medics.

Oh my...

I am sorry for sending you medics a message when im downed!

I only did this because Iv seen some posts where some of the medics complained when people respawned when you were on yer way. I sent the message to say: "I am not respawning, I will wait"

I apologize if anyone found my message annoying, It will not happen again!

We cannot revive in combat and we need to make sure a known combat situation is safe before approaching
Is this a rule or a guideline? I have seen medics going into battle like they are immortal and not giving two shits about their own safety, standing right next to cops in firefights and the like, seemingly pretty much trying to catch stray bullets.

This pisses me off quite a bit as one of my friends got banned for accidentally killing a medic standing right next to police in a full on firefight with the cops during the night-time.

Personally, I dont mind people asking me in a friendly way if its really busy and worth waiting for them.

Its the people that 'whine' who make it annoying.

The most irritating for me is gangs not allowing us to revive their rivals. It happens a lot where we get a revive request after a shootout, I nicely wait for combat to be over and then ask for permission to revive only to be told no. Often in a very rude manner as well.

I understand people not wanting to start another fight, but you can take their weapons or drive off. We will wait, I promise. Its just a waste of time for us (and other people waiting) and a lost opportunity for RP for us otherwise. And I feel this is only done out of spite.

As for combat: I always wait for combat to be over and ask parties involved if the area is clear. Sometimes however, I mightve been talking to people and then fire is initiated. I will then try to take cover as well as possible. This might mean medics are indeed standing next to cops. Doesnt meam we dont value our lives or are comcombat reviving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of people just get so mad when they die, and they decide to take it out on the medics, Poor medics get all the raft.

-Vixxy ;)

Some very good points raised here. And I'll summarize them as well:

• People who ask for revives in TS are typically ignored. It slows us down and we will get to you eventually anyway, if we can. Cops and UMNC may be reported. Anyone entering On-Duty Channels to ask for revives will be reported
  •  
  • People who threaten for revives are reported to senior medics/admins/faction leaders. This is also ground for a 'DO NOT REVIVE' order to be placed on the individual and/or gang/faction/area. We take our lives seriously. 
  •  
  • Feel free to send a polite message in game if you are alive. But it will not alter your position in queue. But remember, "Dead men don't talk".
  •  
  • If you are repeatedly preventing medics from helping others, you will be last on the queue. Excessive use of 'Medic Rule B' is grounds for a DNR order. It's a two-way street. And we aren't going to revive your enemies and allow them to get revenge. They will be taken away to the nearest hospital typically. No-one wins with 'Medic Rule B'.
  •  
  • If you see medics reviving in combat, speak to a MTO, GP or CMO. This is not how we train them, and is dealt with severely. 
  •  
  • If you have been waiting for 10-15min, then you may approach a MTO, GP or CMO who can investigate the reason for the delay. It could be due to a long queue, someone preventing us treating you, or a bug where you've not appeared on our map. But again, wait patiently first.
Medics should be some of the nicest people you meet. And only want to help you and give out lollipops. But when you treat us poorly, we get sad. Hence we follow the guidelines above. If you play nice with us, we'll do the same. Just remember there's probably more than just you who needs help!

Is this a rule or a guideline? I have seen medics going into battle like they are immortal and not giving two shits about their own safety, standing right next to cops in firefights and the like, seemingly pretty much trying to catch stray bullets.

This pisses me off quite a bit as one of my friends got banned for accidentally killing a medic standing right next to police in a full on firefight with the cops during the night-time.
This is a rule for the medics, although on that note please be aware that it is not a simple black and white rule, we need to speak with the police at combat situations, and many a grey area will arise and it takes experience to judge the situation.
Regarding valuing their life, I don't know of any medic personally that doesn't hit the dirt when the bullets start to fly, if you feel you have an issue with a medic please contact either myself or thanatos, preferably with video evidence.

In regards to your friends ban, If your buddy cannot take a safe shot, he should not be pulling the trigger.

Most times, speaking with a medic will resolve the issue, but this is down to the individual medic and they will take into account the entire scenario and how much care is given to the value of human life on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back