What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Will a GTX 740 do for Arma 3

Feather

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
I'm getting a new PC soon and it's going to have a GTX 740 what settings on arma could that run with a quad core i5 processor.

Have you purchased the card already? i know that the nvidia cards that end in 40 or below tend to not be worth the money for the performance they are capable of 

GTX 740 nope... 

Arma 3 loves a good processor... I am sorry to say a i5 just doesn't cut it for serious gaming, Get a good i7 and look at a  GTX 780 or 780Ti as they are cheap now.

You need to have a decent rig for Arma 3... you need a better than decent rig for Altis life due to the extra scripts running.

Thank you very much for the advice. :)

With that being said ... i failed to answer you original question....yes it would poss will run arma 3... but the experience wouldn't be good.

If you're gonna get a 780ti get a 970 instead, the cost the same and the 970 is far superior :) But yes, Arma 3 needs a processor, and a good one.

I play with high/ultra setting with 50-60fps

Specs are

i5

Geforce gtx 760

16gb of ram

My experience is alright and I'm not running on too good of a PC

-GeForce 550

-4gb RAM

-i3

So my computer is pretty bad, but it's still bearable. I get around 30 frames in Kavala which is good enough for me, that might be unbearable for some.

My experience is alright and I'm not running on too good of a PC

-GeForce 550

-4gb RAM

-i3

So my computer is pretty bad, but it's still bearable. I get around 30 frames in Kavala which is good enough for me, that might be unbearable for some.
Everyone really gets 30 fps in kavala :S shitstormcity

Well I have

Gtx 760 msi

8gb of ram

Amd fx 4350

And I get 28-33 fps in kavala and in arthria and surrounding areas I get 30-40 fps so if you are looking for a cheqper rig than what wilco suggested you could go with similar to mine if you are fine with a minimum of 28 fps but I average 35 fps.

I run on Very Low or Low and the only thing I run on High is the texture detail. So I think a GTX 760 Will do me Fine and an i5 will also do me great. I will finally get to see what Ultra is

Disagree that you need an i7, i5 does me just fine. I play AND STREAM simultaneously and don't have any serious framerate issues. That said, I don't play in sexy HQ either... but it doesn't bother me. 

Disagree that you need an i7, i5 does me just fine. I play AND STREAM simultaneously and don't have any serious framerate issues. That said, I don't play in sexy HQ either... but it doesn't bother me. 
i use my bedroom computer and this thing is old i'm using a old pentium g630 with a gt 640 with 8gb of ram and i get 30 to 35 fps with shadows off  on low settings  with 720p not all settings are low tho but it runs fine if i wanted to play on it.

That is nearly the same as my other PC's Spec exept the processor is an Intel Core i3 530

Back