What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

When is it ok to shoot on sight

I'm pretty sure there is only one person in this thread being condescending.

I'm pretty sure there is only one person in this thread being condescending.
Condescending - having or showing an attitude of patronizing superiority. 

Erm, no, I'm not showing an attitude of patronizing superiority (Other then the fact in pointing out I'm not doing this). I'm trying to relay my opinion here, which I'm fully entitled to do. Trying to turn this on my by insinuating that I'm the "only one person in this thread being condescending" takes away from my point. Don't make this about me, because it's not. This is about the game itself and the imbalance caused by the police force with no counter.

Ok then your attitude has been exemplar and everything you have replied has been relevant. Have a nice day.

Okay gentlemen some of which I know. I believe the original complaint/moan has been addressed, and if you have any concerns with the police force it's members or theway things are done feel free to contact me personally on here teamspeak or in game I don't mind.

As for your points. Yes the taser is a little op but the training and the update will change that any 'taser spam' report I don't really care if you have a video I will happily go and tell each officer to slow there rate of fire.

Please try to remember we are all people on the other side of the screen some are great police officers great role players and great leaders. Some still have to learn.

SI Maratek

Okay gentlemen some of which I know. I believe the original complaint/moan has been addressed, and if you have any concerns with the police force it's members or theway things are done feel free to contact me personally on here teamspeak or in game I don't mind.

As for your points. Yes the taser is a little op but the training and the update will change that any 'taser spam' report I don't really care if you have a video I will happily go and tell each officer to slow there rate of fire.

Please try to remember we are all people on the other side of the screen some are great police officers great role players and great leaders. Some still have to learn.

SI Maratek
Yeah, don't get me wrong I love this game and there is some excellent officers which really do enrich the game. Thanks for the feedback, I do hope some balance is made in future, I believe a "anti-police" force with training, interviews etc would actually bring a great balance to the game.

Can I just bring your attention to a friend of mine who was banned by mistake for mass VDM, when in fact it was another player using his name "Christopher" at the time, now named "Christymax" to be more unique. My friend was banned last sunday I believe and is still yet to be un banned :( . I and he are unsure as to why this isn't being looked into, and without a buddy, this game is very tough :(

C'mon guys let's keep this civil, no more flaming or I shall lock the topic. Let's keep all the bitching in-game please :p

You do not help our gaming experience as much as you think you do. Firstly, this isn't "Moaning" about the so called "tactics" police use. This is a legitimate compliant and sharing of opinion. Using words like "moaning" is an attempt to belittle the opinion I'm  trying to share and is a perfect example of what the police force's perspective of other players in game. You actually view us as less than you because you have no actual threats that make you vulnerable. Even if you get killed, what do you actually lose?... NOTHING.

Don't use condescending words to belittle someone else's opinions just because you are so out of touch of what playing a game at the lower end of the spectrum when the ONLY way to not be open for abuse is to become a police officer.
All our equipment is issued, and can be revoked at anytime by superiors. When we die, we cannot go within 1km of where we died, its NLR, and we also wont see you again at the side of the road and instantly stop you.

The only exception I've seen to this is RDM / VDM where we need to rush in and save others lives asap.

With all the RDMers we sometimes get, if we had to pay for our equipment, it would never be a caution you receive for no headlights, or going 10-20 kph over, but a massive ticket each time... we'd never negotiate lower tickets, we'd always charge the full amount.

people would get sick and tired and leave.

Whomever is instantly tazing you as you get out the vehicle needs reported, even if it was me, the only reason you should ever be tazed is fleeing/resisting being restrained.

Sometimes if the person isn't paying attention or doesn't listen, I'll restrain them to get them into a safer place (than the middle of the road they tend to stand).

It should NEVER be okay to shoot, let alone shoot on sight, this is why there are police (amongst other reasons).

For the topic:

If you want to shoot on sight, wait in the red zone. If you have an issue, find a way to record it, get time before the incident, and time after for the best perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I see where you're all heading, i dont really mind about the cops got better vehicles, easier accesible gear, easier to rearm, etc.. I'm just bitching about the Cops break the law so damn fucking much. And I play on a toaster mkay, i can record it but only when theres 40 players online (max) and then there will probably be so little cops i wont even encounter them, and also i once asked a cop for his superiors name since he broke the law, he then asked me with these words: Do you want me kicked out of the force?

OFCOURSE I WANT YOU KICKED OUT OF THE FORCE WHEN YOU'RE BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW, then he were like "i recorded that so that aint gonna happend", And protip to everyone: Never bring a gun to a tazer fight, Like really?! The Rules of Engagement should be as follows: Don't shoot unless fired upon, Only taze if resisting arrest, if the "suspect" has a gun and is resisting arrest by using it, they shouldnt get their tazers out, they should shoot him with their Vermins.... Now i got that off my chest, I hope i see you all in Takistan where i will blow the UN up with my Boom Boom vests

Okay, I see where you're all heading, i dont really mind about the cops got better vehicles, easier accesible gear, easier to rearm, etc.. I'm just bitching about the Cops break the law so damn fucking much.
Ok I have had enough of people saying that police have better weapons and vehicles, I have always said whilst being rebel and an officer that police are out gunned since Bohemia changed their terms and conditions... Rebels have a better vehicle range at any stage in gameplay where as police can only drive a certain vehicle for every rank, also no officer is aloud to fly a heli unless they are part of NPAS Or gain acess to the hummingbird with approval from an NPAS member (PC+), rebels have acess to every MX range, katiba, rahim, MK200, zafir and so many different scopes and attachments where as 70% of police only have acess to a vermin and a taser, it is only until you reach the rank of SPC you gain acess to a MXC yes it's a 6.5mm but it's only realy made to be a CQ weapon. As for sights we only get acess to the better scopes (MRCO, RCO) from SPC so pease do not say police have an advantage in weaponry and vehicles because it's just not true, the only advantage we have is we have excellent communication between different constabularies and that makes all the difference when an officer is in need of assistance or to catch a fleeing suspect when he enters their durasticsion.
Edit: sorry forgot to mention that me and many other officers believe that we should pay for weapons because like you said it would add fear of loosing the weapon, but you have to think about other officers that are in kavala for instance they have multiple RDM and VDM every 5-10mins so they would be bankrupt in less than a day if they had to pay for weapons/gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have had enough of people saying that police have better weapons and vehicles, I have always said whilst being rebel and an officer that police are out gunned since Bohemia changed their terms and conditions... Rebels have a better vehicle range at any stage in gameplay where as police can only drive a certain vehicle for every rank, also no officer is aloud to fly a heli unless they are part of NPAS Or gain acess to the hummingbird with approval from an NPAS member (PC+), rebels have acess to every MX range, katiba, rahim, MK200, zafir and so many different scopes and attachments where as 70% of police only have acess to a vermin and a taser, it is only until you reach the rank of SPC you gain acess to a MXC yes it's a 6.5mm but it's only realy made to be a CQ weapon. As for sights we only get acess to the better scopes (MRCO, RCO) from SPC so pease do not say police have an advantage in weaponry and vehicles because it's just not true, the only advantage we have is we have excellent communication between different constabularies and that makes all the difference when an officer is in need of assistance or to catch a fleeing suspect when he enters their durasticsion.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention that me and many other officers believe that we should pay for weapons because like you said it would add fear of loosing the weapon, but you have to think about other officers that are in kavala for instance they have multiple RDM and VDM every 5-10mins so they would be bankrupt in less than a day if they had to pay for weapons/gear.
You didnt understand my point, but as i said I DONT MIND that. the only thing i bitch about is when police who should be law-abiding, breaks the law.. all the time. AND You shoot guys with big weapons who shoot at you.. with tazers?! there should be some kind of police rule against using a tazer in a gunfight

There is.... If we get engaged by an enemy we have the clear to use lethal, although if we are dead certain that we can tase and restrain safely we will do that because killing the suspect is not the main goal.

You didnt understand my point, but as i said I DONT MIND that. the only thing i bitch about is when police who should be law-abiding, breaks the law.. all the time. AND You shoot guys with big weapons who shoot at you.. with tazers?! there should be some kind of police rule against using a tazer in a gunfight
Police carry taser in hand 80% of time, we hold it when we get into vehicle...

So we're following a guy who's not driving at the right side of the road, with no lights and its getting dark, so we signal to pull over and a chase starts...

20 seconds later his 320 kph Hatchback sports that we dont really have access to is miles up the road, and they've got out, and started to aim their weapons at us, and open fire, we manage to get close enough, jump out our car, and.... oh wait.... change weapon...............dot..............more dots......... bring up sights, and, oh we're already dead 14 dots back.... where as PCSO Superman has shot 3 rounds from the taser at 20 meters and actually managed to hit the guy....

GG, hugs and kisses all around.....

But the poor cops that didn't make it are stuck with not going within 1km of the area they died.

Just a thought but what if you could take some kind of drug like 'meth' and it gives you the ability to resist a tazer for a short period of time.. I.E. like the 'bulldog' gives u more stamina this would be true to life as shown in this hilarious news segment > :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-high-on-meth-fights-off-15-police-officers-while-masturbating-in-public-9030429.html 

Frey resisted force and the deputy then shot him with a Taser multiple times, officials said.

But the Taser had no effect on Frey, who started fighting with the deputy.

all i can say is..... Only in America :D

this would be true to life as u can see above lol anyway just a thought would make the tasers less OP.. even if it was just for 1 minute of 'untazeability' and would make for some intereseting roleplay as you can see at the link above XD lol

love to hear your thoughts 

Much Love Mr Tibbs 'aKa' Sterling Archa

Just a thought but what if you could take some kind of drug like 'meth' and it gives you the ability to resist a tazer for a short period of time.. I.E. like the 'bulldog' gives u more stamina this would be true to life as shown in this hilarious news segment > :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-high-on-meth-fights-off-15-police-officers-while-masturbating-in-public-9030429.html 

Frey resisted force and the deputy then shot him with a Taser multiple times, officials said.

But the Taser had no effect on Frey, who started fighting with the deputy.

all i can say is..... Only in America :D

this would be true to life as u can see above lol anyway just a thought would make the tasers less OP.. even if it was just for 1 minute of 'untazeability' and would make for some intereseting roleplay as you can see at the link above XD lol

love to hear your thoughts 

Much Love Mr Tibbs 'aKa' Sterling Archa
Why.. just.. why is this in here and not in the suggestions?

Please don't try to resurrect a thread that doesn't really apply to the service anymore, if it did at all. Thank you.

ok strange... Im pretty sure this is not the thread i was reading when i decided to post this comment... dont know why it has ended up hear but this is in response to a different thread and not the 'KOS' thread it is on atm :p .. i must off made a mistake  somehow my bad :p

I cant find the thread i was reading but it was about cops tazers being OP essentially and i thought this was relevant, however it clearly isnt relavent to this thread so my apolagy's once more...

Mr Tibbs 'aKa' Sterling Archa

Back