What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Underwater Scavenging

Drex

Rookaholic
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
Summary:
The ability to acquire various types of metal via underwater shipwreck scavenging.

- The ability to purchase diving equipment (Underwater Tanks)
- The ability to purchase some form of underwater tool for cutting metal.
- Yield: 
   1) 'Rusty Metal' (This will yield a random metal if refined. (Iron 60% | Copper 20% | Steel 15% | Titanium 5%)
   2) 'Rusty Iron' (Common), 'Rusty Copper' (Uncommon), 'Rusty Steel' (Rare), 'Rusty Titanium' (Very Rare) 
     |_ The ability to refine these rusty pieces at the 'Smeltery' for the corresponding metal ingots, with a chance of failing; "The metal was too weak!"

This would of course require some game testing and balancing, but for the sake of an example:
-One shipwreck yield 5 - 7 'rusty' pieces, weighing 10 units. Each piece yields 3 Ingots with a 10% chance of breaking when being refined. 
-A shipwreck would take roughly 15 - 25 minutes in total to salvage (e.g 5x "3 minute" sessions of removing metal from the shipwreck before wreckage is depleted)
-Each piece taking about 2-3 minutes to refine at the 'Smeltery'

Pros:
-This would give an alternative way of acquiring metal, rather than the current run, up and down from the mine shaft to the smeltery.
-It would also utilize the vast areas in the ocean, and all of its cool underwater structures as well as giving boats more purpose. 
-This could be a 'gateway' for many other sea-based activities, such as diving, poaching, 'metal detector' treasure seeking etc.
-Brings more RP purpose to the docks near the Smeltery, for bringing in these resources and transporting to the next location.

Cons:
lot of development work, creating a whole new job / system.
Air Tanks becoming accessible to the public (Possible abuse / exploits)
Cutting pieces from a shipwreck should in my opinion take a while, requiring possible changes to Air Tank duration.

- - - - - - -
'Spin-off Ideas'

This job could justify the implementation and sale of the underwater 'exploration' vehicles. (Kraken & Kraken Submersible)
The ability to 'clean' up cars that have been dumped in the ocean (NPC job, not player owned vehicles)
Underwater wildlife exploration, photography and maintenance for Park Rangers / Marine Police / Civilian contractors. 

Last edited by a moderator:
More jobs is something this server needs, would love to see this implemented +1  

Would be nice to explore underwater more! Large area of the map reasonably inaccessible normally. Sounds like a great idea.

Its out there on other servers. Its also in the client somewhere I assume as its in GTA. Id love to see this be a thing.

+1 Amazing job idea,  Increased activity in the ocean would allow the park ranger shoreline patrol to be utilised and made more interesting

+1, I would love to see more activities around the water and new jobs in general, but there would definitely need to be a look into making it so diving tanks aren't exploited, perhaps making it so they can only be used in the water and come off when you exit the water.

|_ The ability to refine these rusty pieces at the 'Smeltery' for the corresponding metal ingots, with a chance of failing; "The metal was too weak!"
I agree with everything besides maybe the fact that the metals have the chance of breaking because i feel like people might just ignore this entire suggestion since it will be more of an hassle instead of going to the mine. Just trying to balance the suggestion to be viable but besides this i would say big +1

- Addition 15/05/2022 -
Adding potential locations for wreckages to be harvested, each location has a wreckage of some sort on the sea bottom already.
These shipwrecks could marked on the map at a random location(s) each restart, similarly to the schools of fish, and be made harvestable. ​

{coords=vector4(-915.279, 6644.810, -34.360, 68.865)},.png

{coords=vector4(1850.599, -2969.223, -54.236, -119.878)},.png

{coords=vector4(2646.754, 6655.806, -25.114, -58.251)},.png

{coords=vector4(2677.217, -1413.964, -16.922, -69.264)},.png

{coords=vector4(3894.390, 3039.210, -22.498, 38.425)},.png

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 Would really like to see something like this be brought into the server.

Back