What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Reece Dunn - GTA RP

Reece Dunn

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Reece Dunn
Steam ID: 76561198017271921
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16404
Ban Reason: C2.2
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned due to a player report made against myself - https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/report-a-player-unknown-azteca-gta-rp.424021/
In this report there was evidence supplied against myself that showed me rolling through a door without the door opening for the other player involved in the situation, this lead to a belief that I had used an exploit to gain advantage in the situation. And as I was not able to provide any sort of video evidence, other than explaining my side of the situation I was not able to prove myself innocent of I was being accused for.
Why should we unban you: I'd like to start off by linking my previous appeal, if any member dealing with this one has not read the previous one feel free to do so. I'll try my best to not sound too repetitive in this appeal, but given the nature of the ban I am sure I will mention a few things already spoken about in my previous appeal. https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/unban-appeal-reece-dunn-gta-rp.424217/

Now the main reason as to why this appeal has been posted in the first place is due to new video evidence surfacing showing a different situation than what I'd like was believed in the first place. The clip I am speaking about is this one, you may or may not want to watch it on the side as I explain myself to better understand the situation at hand. https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1YgkAC3kaVqxHm/686eZQd2oCXq?invite=cr-MSx5ZXEsNTk4NTAyMTcs

In the clip supplied you can see myself standing at the door in the office waiting for it to be drilled, you can then see me roll through both doors to then show up infront of General, as you can see in the clip he originally provided through the player report. I'd like to touch on this subject quickly as the act of rolling through two doors per say may not be the most realistic way to enter and can be seen as stretching the game mechanic a little too far, and after seeing it from a different POV I can say I share the view of those who believe so, and I'd like to say this is something I'll refrain from doing moving forward, were I to be unbanned. There's been more and more talk about whether the use of a certain game mechanic is realistic or not, and I guess the mechanic I used could be placed into the same spectrum. Unfortunately, the fact that I rolled through two doors and not one was never brought up by myself previously, and I'll be honest I didn't think it made any difference at the time so it simply slipped my mind. In the future i'll try to make sure what no matter the circumstances or whether I think a slight little detail makes a difference or not I will make sure to include all of them to the best of my ability, in the end it seems the small details such as this is what makes the big difference.

As mentioned previously in my appeal I have managed to have a fairly good record when it comes to punsihments being handed to me, sure I have slipped up more times than what you'd like to see from a player as the goal should always be to keep this at a zero, however i'd argue that this shows I have a fair understanding of the rules and try to stay within them at all times. I try to ensure that whatever situation I am in is kept at a high standard so that everyone can take enjoyment from the situation as much as possible, roleplay has always been my first priority and were I to get unbanned I will make sure to keep this my number one priority moving forward as well.

The whole reason I am in the situation am I in today is due to lack of evidence being supplied from my side, I have already taken measures to ensure this will not happen in the future by going back to the full session setup I ran previously on my medal, if this means I will have to be more active with going onto previous footage and remove so that it doesn't clog my SSD then so be it, I rather have that be a 'chore' than being punished for something I never did purely because I couldn't prove myself innocent. It's important to be able defending youself especially in situations related to what I was banned for, there's unfortunately members who have the wrong mentality when it comes to fights occuring through roleplay where the fragging aspects becomes their first priority, and not being able to supply evidence in a situation as such could as likely make it look like you are trying to hide something, rather that not being able to supply evidence.

I'd like to mention the tickets I have been involved with during this situation, I know I may have come across as a bit 'picky' with how the situation looked like previously, afterall in everyones eyes I was guilty of something and here I come opening tickets trying to argue my way past it. I want to say that nevertheless the situation and how it looked back then I was greeted with the utmost professionalism by both staff and management when dealing with the tickets and I appreciate them going the length they did and into such detail with explaining the situation to me.

If I were to be unbanned and allowed to play RPUK again I will make sure that I both have the realism aspect in the back of my mind at all times and that whenever needed I will be able to provide evidence in video form to showcase my POV if the situation calls for it. At the end of the day I can sit here and type essays trying to explain my side of a situation, but unforunately a video says so much more and there are certain situations you cannot talk your way out of.

I appreciate whoever takes their time to deal with my appeal, if you have any further questions please ask and I will answer them as well as I can.

Regards,
Reece
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there @Reece Dunn , I hope you are well.

As much as we appreciate the effort put into your appeal, the cooldown stated in your previous appeal will stand as is and I hope you will try again after 07/09/2024.

Ignore the above, this was a miscommunication, as I was not aware of the ticket. We will leave this here until the relevant person picks it up! My Apologies!

Last edited:
Back