What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Ping - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepp

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Unban Appeal for Ping 

In-game Name: Matsumoto Shiromatsu

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198244082108

Ban ID: !!rpuk12830!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for logging out after dying to a local this would fall under combat logging.

Why should we unban you ?: I first off want to say this was an error on my behalf, I've recently come back to the server after a little break and have since my last run in with punishment tried to stay out of trouble, and keep my record clean. I've been playing the server on and off for over a year, during my time I've spent most of it within whitelisted groups having fun and roleplaying, but I've always tried to follow the rules no matter the decisions of my peers and sometimes even my own lapse of judgement. I think my record will show I've done my best to keep out of trouble as much as possible. I won't say I am a perfect person everyone has their mistakes and this is one of mine. I will completely say that this is a rule break and I'm not denying my actions I have done. I have absolutely broken the rules and am just asking for a bit of leniency here as I think my situation is different.

I also want to say I have learnt since my last ban for this same reason I have never done this since that time and I have never done this to gain an advantage I want to make that clear, my intentions for my actions were, it was late, very late. I was planning to sleep fairly soon as my partner was in bed already, and having work in the late morning, but unfortunately I died, and this decision to log off was not one to gain a chance at survival or the chance to live and log on the next day. I am happy for my character to respawn as it's the first thing I would of done the following day as getting the chance to be saved during a time more people is awake or another time during the day is unfair and against the rules. I believe the outcome of the situation could have been changed if I did wait for either my death or the chance to be saved but as mentioned above when you are tired and already planning to go to sleep my decision was made and it was the wrong one. I understand the point of, rp could have taken place and I fully agree, I can't say for certain that my death timer would have brought forth a RP situation as it never played out, but it is my fault that I chose the easy way out and didn't think about it. No matter the outcome of this appeal I'll know that this is a problem that I've made and have to face the consequences for.

My time on RPUK has had me involved with many players and a few people who have been banned, I like to think of myself as someone who is different to these players and this is a shock to me waking up on a new day with a rested head but it happened. No matter the reason for the ban everyone should be held to the same standard to keep the server a fair and just place, so there is not only a place for people to dispute their bans i.e the forums. But also people can reflect on their actions, which I am doing and have done. I understand I have been banned previously for this exact issue and even though the situations are different and I have learnt a lot during my time since my last ban I just want to simply apologise for me being here again. I really do try my absolute best to stay away from being reported and bans, I do as much as I can even tough times have been difficult in the past try to follow the rules to the letter. I think this for me is a wakeup call, to know that even though I have made a mistake this is a clear warning from myself that no matter how much you try to adhere to the rules you must do so at all times from the moment you log on till the moment you log off. I don't want this to turn into a rabbit hole and for me to spiral into a further list of bans and punishments. I really do want this to be a learning experience and a shakeup for me, as playing that late and not setting boundaries like I have done caused me to make a rash decision that has affected me in a negative light.

I'd also like to state that I know there are few examples on the community rules C2.3 that fall under the combat logging rule, I know that my circumstance last night would of shown that a multitude of situations have been broken but I would like to state that I had no intentions of saving myself at a later date, due to the way I died my immediate thought was "Okay It's time to sleep" and I logged off, as I've stated above I am more than happy for my character to have a force respawn as the items that were on my body have no importance to me whatsoever, I just want to say that. I know that I have to be held to accountability for my actions and no matter my intentions it is not a staff member’s job to understand them or communicate with the person. It is their job to uphold the rules and my violation of them was warranting a punishment for and they did their job. I'd like to apologise to this staff member who had to take the time out of their day to deal with my situation that would not of arisen if I just, I suppose left my PC on or decided to stay up and see what happened or just respawned, I didn't and this is where it's led me and I just want to truly apologise for my actions. I'm Sorry.

Overall I would like to apologise to the staff team and for those who dealt with my bans previously as they gave me a second chance and again I have done wrong. I want to clarify that even though it was late and my actions were based on my fatigue breaking rules cannot be excused, I know that, I think everyone should know that and I've always tried to do that even through my toughest times that I've spent on RPUK. The server and it's management creates so much more than just a FiveM RP server it creates a place people can spend hours on and enjoy the company of others and do a multitude of others things that I've come to appreciate during my time here. I can only say that I will if given another chance that I will be smarter and learn from this experience. I do want the opportunity to show that my actions speak louder than my words and I hope to show that I will not be back here again. I will as I've always done aim to follow the rules and enjoy the server. Thank you for your time.

PS third time is the charm, apologies about the previous appeal I believed it was a literal month, thanks to the staff member for dealing with it.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

I don't understand where your situation is different. You were downed whilst selling drugs to NPCs, once ran over by an NPC. You disconnected almost instantly. Had you needed to go to sleep for work or because your partner was already in bed instead of selling drugs.

Albeit you weren't downed to a player, and ruined their roleplay but you could've stopped potential medic RP if they're were any online at that time. You've also made your respawn time longer, had there been no-one around you would've most likely respawned that night. However, by disconnecting whilst downed to log back on the next day. You have increased your chances for survival by 8 hours+

Have you done disconnected whilst downed before, except from your C2.3 ban on 16/03/2022

Hi Liam thanks for the reply, I can understand you might not see my situation as different and that's fine, I can't exactly say it's a great reason for disconnecting but being exhausted and just mindlessly selling drugs to NPC's at that hour isn't the best decision some of us make but we do it to make money uninterrupted. I can say my thought process was that I was so tired I wasn't going to just sit there and fall asleep at my PC, I was planning to log back on the next day and respawn, whether someone found me or not was irrelevant I was going to respawn and die. However I know you can't guarantee that and I know that if I made a ticket or just waited for my death this wouldn't be the predicament I'm in now. I wasn't exactly thinking at the time about my situation and the RP situation I could of been, fatigue got the better of me and I made poor decision. 

I have indeed done this before in this exact same circumstance, again it's something has happened before at the same time frame as I do sell to NPC's at this time of night often. I can't say when this was date wise but I have done this before yes. I know it's something of a stupid decision but I didn't think it would negatively impact someone that much, if I died to a player I have always seen it through, but in this situation it is different. If given a chance going forward I would either make sure I get off the server earlier, or fully wait to respawn or be saved or leave my PC on.

First and foremost, thank you for being honest.

Please do the following:

• Quote the rule you broke
  • Explain it in your own words
  • Explain why we have this on the server
  • And explain what you will do in the future especially if its late, and you must disconnect from the server

(C2.3) Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a permanent ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).

Combat Logging - Disconnecting from the server where this is an RP situation, Conversation, Firefight, On-going medical roleplay etc.

This rule is in place to stop people from abusing the ability to make it out of situations that they could benefit from, either saving their inventory after dying in a firefight, or to avoid RP punishments or situations to get a chance at escaping.

In Future, I will make it my goal, if it's late and I'm tired no matter what my goal on the server is just go to sleep, there is always a new day. If I do decide to stay up late and to sell drugs to NPC's for example and I do die once again, I will bleed out, wait for a roleplay scenario to occur or just leave my PC on and just go to sleep. I won't lie and say I'll never sell drugs late at night again, but I will take steps to follow the rules and follow what I've said I will do.

Thanks for the reply, Liam.

This is your 2nd ban within 3 months, could say both are for Poor RP. This is a serious roleplay server, do not put your roleplay at a minimum to gain an advantage and that goes across the board for all rules.

Play the game, how its supposed to be played going forth. You may need to take a few Ls but you might even find some Ws.

Any ban within a 6 month period, will a permanent one.

C2.3 bans come with a inventory wipe, this has been completed.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back