What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - ImCloudNine - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImCloudNine

Server: Discord
Discord Username: Imcloudnine
Discord ID: 352499720448507905
Ban Reason: C1.3
Why do you think you were banned: Because of a GIF I posted in groups which someone took offence too.
Why should we unban you: I meant to put that GIF in the discord but with nothing to do what was going on in the channel at the time. I've sent this GIF multiple times to a certain person because it was 'our' private joke, She then posted in the groups which then led to me sending the GIF in after her message thinking nothing of it, Once I had hit enter I realized how bad it would look to other people that didn't understand the banter which is why I deleted the message almost instantly. I fully agree it looks very bad on my part. I do wish to extend my apologies for the offence it may have caused, I understand I am responsible for my own actions. I understand why the measure was placed to remove me from the discord. Yet again, I do apologies for my actions, I will not repeat this mistake again and hope that the staff and the community see my error at the time and poor lapse in judgement. I can assure you it carried no malicious intent. As staff are aware I myself have been a victim of malicious postings from the community and would hate for anyone else to feel how I felt at that time.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good afternoon @ImCloudNine

I hope all is well today :)

I am confused about a few things and I hope you can clear them up for me, you say that it was a "private joke" between the both of you but if this was the case why would they suddenly not be okay with it now?

If it was indeed a private joke why would you make it so public? There is a level of trust for private things, so this does not make sense to me

Why do things have to be personal attacks? As you have said that you have been attacked by malicious postings in the past so why seemingly do that to somebody else? We are human, we all have made mistakes, ect but why not try and be kinder to each other?

Hello Jessie hope all is well!
The person who I was joking with wasn’t the same person that put the ticket in. After I was removed from the discords I was confused so I spoke to the person who I was joking with and they informed me that the person who put the ticket in may have took offensive to the GIF and thought it was about them so I reached out to that person privately to apologise and if she took any offence to it to let her know it wasn’t about her and it was directed to my friend. She then reached out to my friend asking for confirmation of my story to which my friend confirmed and told her that it wasn’t aimed at her at all. In no way was this GIF a personal attack on anybody as I have sent this GIF to my friend in the past and just saw it as a laugh not thinking about the consequences of sending it in a public discord. I can assure you I have learnt my lesson and will not make the same mistake again.

Good evening @ImCloudNine

I hope all is well today

You have said you have reached out to the person to apologise, how did that go?

She then reached out to my friend asking for confirmation of my story to which my friend confirmed and told her that it wasn’t aimed at her at all.
If I was to reach out to the person affected by this would they confirm this?

Hey @Jessie Bennett I'm very well thanks, yourself?
Yes I did reach out to the person and I never got a response which is fair enough so I just left it at that and yes you can reach out to them as I have no reason to lie about this.
Thanks for your time

Good afternoon @ImCloudNine

I hope all is well today :)

What would you do differently next time a similar situation comes up again in the groups discord?

Hey @Jessie Bennett thanks for the response!
What I will do moving forward is ask my leader to limit my roles in the discord so I can’t type in there to avoid anything like this happening again.

Hello @ImCloudNine

That is one thing but, I was more thinking along the lines of that old saying "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all". You are an adult and are able to control what you say and when you say it.

Would you agree that using your common sense in these types of situations in the future is better?

Hello @Jessie Bennett you are correct and I will definitely keep my mouth shut in the future and not put anything stupid like that in the groups again. Yes I would agree I know better and moving forward I won’t let myself get in a situation like that again.

Good evening @ImCloudNine

Thank you for your responses.

After this I am happy to unban you and give you the opportunity to return. Going forward if you are ever in something like this again I would ask you to really think about if any comment you have is actually necessary, is it going to help the situation or fuel it more? Is it to try and hurt someone/ is it aimed at someone? ect. Please remember that you never know what somebody else has going on behind closed doors so be a little more respectful.

Yes it is a game that we play but we are all human with feelings and emotions. Be kinder to others, bullying is not acceptable.

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back