What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Drex - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drex

Rookaholic
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
Unban Appeal for Drex 

In-game Name: Drex Riley

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198035476840

Ban ID: 10583

Reason given for your ban: C2.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for using '/sessionheads' in a situation where it wasn't warranted.

Why should we unban you ?: Hello.
This is not the place I was expecting to find myself in after all these years.
I was banned for using '/sessionheads' in a situation where it wasn't needed.

In no way shape or form, was this done maliciously or with the intent to exploit this feature. As can be seen in the same evidence that landed me here, I also tap 'Rmb' (causing me to lift my gun and the camera 'zooms' in slightly). Why? Because I fidget.

Was it a smart idea to bind this command to a side-mouse button? Yes and no, it's a quick-and-easy hotkey to toggle an essential tool, used both in RP (passing items, money etc. to another player) and for identifying rule-breakers. Unironically, the only ID seen in the video is my own.
As bad as it looks and as much as it was unintentional, I completely see and agree with Staff Leads decision, as it is my responsability to only toggle this where warranted - Although no-one was 'found' using '/sessionheads', the lack of IDs was also an indicator, and I likely would have actioned the report in a similar manner, had the roles been reversed.

I had it bound there for convenience and ease of access. This will be the first thing I change, should I be unbanned, as a way of preventing this from reoccurring.
- With my position as senior staff, I should have picked up on this myself and rectified it, I didn't and for that I also apologise.

It upsets me greatly to have been banned, and again I can only apologise for not setting a better example - while I was, in the report that led to this ban, advocating and preaching 'do better', and how each and everyone is responsible for their actions, I am even more upset of myself for not being aware of my own mistake at the time. 
This has been my community, my second home for the past 7.5 years. It has helped me through hardships and difficult times like so many others, I would not in a million years intentionally jeopardize this...

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
@DrexWhat would have happened if you did find someone using that?

In an ideal world, I would have ignored it completely.
But what I've came to realize also is that, subconsciously we make micro-decisions, such as avoiding it extra and such being influenced by it that way. 

Let's say someone was hiding in a bush, maybe I would've searched the bush under normal circumstances - but after seeing their session ID, I avoid it like the plague as my subconscious would say "Hey, if you go there, you're cheating!" - Every piece of information around us influences us in various directions.

But to answer your question, I would not have chosen to use it in RP to further or increase my chances of finding someone.
Personally, I hate cheating - full stop.  (Hopefully, my time in the staff team speaks for that statement)

Truth be told, we dont know what could have happened. Either A) you would have found someone and on top of that acted upon it.. or B) Completely ignored it.

No matter what, RP is random chance at the end of the day. The thrill off it is the things that happen and you go along with what happens. But when you allow yourself to be lazy, to use it «preemptively» IF there was wrong doings, its gamebreaking, immersion breaking.. exploiting.

You are completely correct. You would be the first one to approach and deal with a similar issue and ask them to play fair. 100%

So what now @Drex?

- It's a lesson learned.
Like I wrote initially, first thing I'll do is to remove '/sessionheads' keybind from my mouse, that is my step towards preventing and ensuring this mistake is not repeated.

I fully understand where I went wrong and appreciate a well needed wake-up-call on my end - Doing the same thing over and over long enough has a tendency of making you numb to certain things, I suppose - this leading to stupid and lazy decisions being made. It's only human to make mistakes, we all make them - it's also our responsability to ensure and work our best at preventing them from happening, I failed at preventing this - It won't happen twice.

You will probably not be surprised when I say that this can't and will not happen again. This will lead to a ban and it being unappealable for 6 months.. atleast.

Your position with staff is still pending a discussion and will be dealt with internally.
This is your wake up call Drex. This is your chance.
Don't waste it.

Unbanned.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back