What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - _RYAN_SWOONEY_UNBAN - Community Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

_RYAN_SWOONEY_UNBAN

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for _RYAN_SWOONEY_UNBAN 

In-game Name: Ryan Swooney

Server: Community Banned

Steam ID: 76561198280582054

Ban ID: Unsure as I'm community banned

Reason given for your ban: C1.6

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned on May 7th 2023 because of comments I made towards 2 members of the staff team (Stavik and Liam) whilst in a ticket with them. I lost my temper when I felt I had been treated unfairly in a baiting report that had been put up on me and as a result I ended up laughing at and calling Stavik and Liam "freaks" as well as telling them to "Fuck off". The ticket was initially made because I was banned for baiting and I felt it wasn't deserved, I was then told in the ticket that I would be getting a permanent ban due to a comment in groups where I jokingly said "i'll do it again and again until I'm permad". Shortly after being told I would be getting a permanent ban because of my groups comment was then when I insulted both Liam and Stavik.

Why should we unban you ?:  I understand there's no going back on what I said and that what's done is done. I also understand that the staff team don't want me back after my behaviour and I don't blame you all. I've been locked out of the community for just over 9 months and with this time I have had time to reflect. I know you've heard this many times before but I genuinely have changed and I would like at least the opportunity to show you this. My previous ban records might not be great but they're certainly not the worst that's been seen, not that this makes any of my actions justifiable but before my 1.6 ban I had been playing the server for just over a year at that point and had received a couple RDM bans. I deeply regret when I said in groups that I would "do it again and again until im permad". It wasn't a serious comment and was intended to be sarcastic but came across as cocky and serious. It was a childish remark and I don't expect staff to react to it any other way. I would never have actually gone and repeated my rule break, at the time I thought I was being funny however I have realised now why it got me in this position.

I've taken a break from gaming and have been focusing on my career IRL. I've been away in Germany for a couple months and don't even have FiveM/GTA installed on my computer as I type this appeal up. Honestly it's been refreshing and an eye opener for me and has made me realise how childish I was on the day I got a 1.6. I'm ashamed of myself and so I should be. RPUK is a great community with a hard working staff team and I took it for granted at the time and thought I could get away with throwing comments left and right at the staff. I should never have needed a break to know this but sometimes frustration gets the best of people and they say and do things that was never their true intention. I just wish I had taken this very needed step back on the day I made those comments, things would have turned out differently. I know I said in the discord ticket that I wouldn't be appealing my ban however that was another one of the many frustrated comments I made on that day that had no serious intent behind it. I hope it doesn't get held against me forever potentially stopping me from ever being able to enjoy the server again. I understand my childish behaviour has led me to where I am, and that I had pretty much asked for all of this to happen when I said all those things, However deep down none of this is what I wanted and I would do anything to take it back. I would accept any terms just to be allowed another opportunity to be a part of the community.

I would like to end off with an apology to Stavik and Liam. I am sorry with the way I spoke to you. You are both long standing members of the community and staff team who put in ample amount of time into the server and try your best to make the community great. No one is deserving of the comments I made and I understand why I am in the position that I am now. I was an asshole and deserved what was coming my way. Hopefully you can understand and see my point of view in all of this, I'm nothing like I made myself out to be and I hope you acknowledge this. I know an apology via text can be very meaningless but it's all I can offer currently.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good evening @_RYAN_SWOONEY_UNBAN, I hope all is well.

To put it bluntly, you are the one who mentioned you'll not be appealing - you got your wish.
The thing is, we cannot have a loop of players throwing a temper tantrum and then suddenly "changing" and wanting to come back when the time suits them. You may be ready, but we as staff are not.

You burnt your bridges here, so why the sudden change in heart? 
Ultimately there's no way on earth I can trust that you won't just act out in this manner again considering you've already proved you're capable of doing this. 

Good Evening Danoo,

I really appreciate the reply and I'll be honest I completely understand where you're coming from. You have enough on your hands to be letting people with ropey pasts back into the community and I get it. For what it's worth, I'm really not an angry person or someone who gets frustrated really ever and I really can assure you that it was a one time thing never to be seen again. I suppose the best way I can reassure of something like this never happening again is that with the longevity of my ban, I've been sat on the outside of the community for many many months now watching all of my friends carry on with their roleplay stories, and I'm sat there watching their streams feeling sorry for myself. Previous to this ban I've never held a ban longer than a month so It really wasn't a nice feeling and after long I ended up leaving all of these RPUK related discords to go on a big break as I mentioned in my appeal. This alone, and the feeling that came with it has made me never want to act in the way I did that night in the discord ticket, not to mention the realization that I was completely in the wrong.  

You're right, I've done a pretty good job of messing all of this up and burning my bridges and I understand the trust factor is gone. I've had a change of heart because the truth is I don't enjoy anything else. From day 1 of joining the community I always loved it, made lots of mates and memories. I've been persistent in posting as many appeals as I can when the time came because I really do miss everything about the community. There isn't anything even close to RPUK out there and I realised that pretty quick. I miss the mates I've made on the server, I miss the interactions and most of all I miss the roleplay community. It's a shame that I allowed myself to go as low as I did, and now I've potentially paid the price for it. I hope it hasn't come to that and do really hope that I can be given one final run on the server under any conditions, It would mean a lot. 

Honestly, Im not sure why we are entertaining an unban from someone who takes time out of their day to lose their shit at our staff members, throws their toys out of their pram and posts racist memes on discord. No thanks.

Denied. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back