What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Twitch swatting - real or fake?

Ronnie Pickering

so, Its impossible to trace someones house through a public IP address. If you trace a public IP all you get is the ISP and the general location. No where near enough information to find someones address. Most likely they searched google for their first last and middle name and then used the general location they got from the public IP to narrow down on the persons address. At least that's what i would do if i wanted to find someone that I knew had information that could be accessed like that.

As far as tracing someones exact position from a Public IP is nearly impossible considering its protected information by the ISP so you would literally have to go through their intranet before getting information like that. There is a way to trace someone through their public IP if you use it to ping their computer and attach a Trojan to the ping but that only works if they have their firewall off and zero protection on their computer.

What do you guys think? i've seen pretty famous streamers get swatted. but none of them are stupid enough to reveal any adresses.

so, Its impossible to trace someones house through a public IP address. If you trace a public IP all you get is the ISP and the general location. No where near enough information to find someones address. Most likely they searched google for their first last and middle name and then used the general location they got from the public IP to narrow down on the persons address. At least that's what i would do if i wanted to find someone that I knew had information that could be accessed like that.

As far as tracing someones exact position from a Public IP is nearly impossible considering its protected information by the ISP so you would literally have to go through their intranet before getting information like that. There is a way to trace someone through their public IP if you use it to ping their computer and attach a Trojan to the ping but that only works if they have their firewall off and zero protection on their computer.

What do you guys think? i've seen pretty famous streamers get swatted. but none of them are stupid enough to reveal any adresses.
Most famous twitch streamers, have give out there full name, its not hard to find someone's address when you have their name. 

Woodysgamer tag is one example. They dont go off IP addresses, they go off a DOX!

Here's his video: 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Streamers do sometimes leak their address by mistake, such as GrossGore who had strippers, taxis and takeaways ordered to his house.

I know it is true I know someone it happened too, where you are in the public that much its not hard to find who they are and where they live

Oh I think it is very real, brilliant that there are very serious charges for people caught doing it now.

Back