What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Tlide key.

Yes please do. What i am saying is that  you can not say COPS if it is 1 persons actions. Thats all i am saying don't blame 100 people for 5 peoples stupid actions. As i said in my post before, i agree that it should be looked into (The tild Key) But just don't blame The whole force!
I fully understand, BG had/has the same problem because of two rotten eggs.

The thing is that it is/was not just one cop who do/done it.

That is probally the reason why the cops have a bad reputation for it.

Btw Vincent why don't tell yourself, what you said when you were in TR? "I left the police force because they metagame"

And i know it happens even in the rebels etc, thats why i put this topic to see others opinion on this to be removed in order to enjoy the game experience more.
Cant recall saying that or why thats relevant, stop turning this into a personal argument and derailing the topic. Thanks :)

But i agree with the tilde being removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we can get rid of it, but simply, its 100% easy to detect and report on if people are using it.

It's the mentality of using meta-gamed information we need to start working out of people.

If you give a false name, there is 0% chance of them being able to tell what your real name is. If they do the "finger print" or "blood test" then that's blatant power-gaming using meta-gamed information.

I will honestly say, in the past, I've used tilde to get peoples names, but I work damned hard to make sure it doesn't influence my role-play in any way. Both Rebels (not saying Rebels are a problem in this thread, just generally) and Police need to both learn that sometimes you win some, and you lose some. If you can't out RP someone without using power-gaming / meta-gaming, then maybe they deserve to get off scot-free?

Just my opinionated two cents on the issue.

Never used it, believe it or not  B)

Hell, I didn't even know it was a command....

IMO I'd vote +1, if the admins/dev's are indeed able to remove it. Makes for a fairer experience for all of us.

Especially when two parties confront each other, and one side commits to pure and honest role-play, while the other resorts to metagaming to gain an advantage.

I did normally say to everyone i pulled over, when i was a cop, if they could not provide me with ID, i simply asked them if they were willing to do a blood test, at the hospital, if their answer was no straight ahead, i knew something were wrong, but if they had an excuse for not participating in a blood test (Roleplaying it properly) i let them off with either a warning, or a ticket depending on the crime i caught them in.

IF it is indeed possible to remove it, I would love this to happen.  Especially now as it is a bannable offence to use it.  I do find it a shame that Rebels see the Police as "powergamers that want to always win".  Smacks of throwing the toys out of the pram because you got caught and cant do what u like IMO.

It is after all, A life simulator and u are gonna get hard cops and fun cops just as in life, DEPENDING on whether u are being a complete phallus to the person who is dealing with you. 

+1 for getting rid of the tilda key.

Back