What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Tazer OP?

joshy

So i am getting realy tired of cops abusing their tazer.. and you cant do anything against it unless you got a machine that can record when your playing.. and ofc mine cant. and no i cannot afford a new one.

I was wondering if there actually are gonna be some kinda nerf to that OP tazer? and what is it gonna be and when is it gonna hit.. cuz as long as it is possible to spam it the popo will keep spamming it.. i know some of them dont. but honestly most is abusing it. 

In my opinion it should be removed untill it is changed.

I would love to see it with only one shot in the mag and then you would have to reload..

Topic should be in suggestions for one, and two it can't be removed as it is the only weapon the cops have that isn't lethal, unless you want us to use lethal all the time. Why does everyone complain about everything the cops have, we don't have such a huge advantage, look at the rebels they have every gun in the game, and you guys all complain about a tazer that shoots too many shots.

I believe in the new update the new tazer ammo is only 16 rounds rather than a 30 round.

Topic should be in suggestions for one, and two it can't be removed as it is the only weapon the cops have that isn't lethal, unless you want us to use lethal all the time. Why does everyone complain about everything the cops have, we don't have such a huge advantage, look at the rebels they have every gun in the game, and you guys all complain about a tazer that shoots too many shots.

I believe in the new update the new tazer ammo is only 16 rounds rather than a 30 round.
If a tazer is semi-automatic, can shoot nearly as fast as the player can click and can immobilize a good amount of people in a few seconds it is classified as OP. It's a huge advantage for a player who shouldn't be able to take on multiple rebels at once.

It doesn't make any difference if they have every gun in the game, the tazer still immobilizes a player for too long and it can do it to many players too quickly.

Spamming the tazer is bad, but keep in mind, the tazers are NOT op, they are shit as shit of a shit in a pile of.. shit.. wtf?

It is really hard to get a proper hit on them, and you need to shoot more shots, not in a spam way, but.. in a way. Personally im trying to at least have 1 second-ish between each shot, since I usually use about 8 shots or something to get a decent enough hit to the person to get tazed.. Also keep in mind that when people are camping a corner of a house with their rifle set to fully automatic, it is a simple reflection that make me, and some other cops, "spam" their tazer. I've played arma and other shootergames alot, and I always use singleshots for accuracy, control and speed.

Let me tell you, the tazer is not op at all.

Also, if there are any police spamming it, report it, unless it is on a rdm/vdm'er. They should be sent to jail as fast as posible.

Same topic every week from different people. Wish people would start reading recent topics. A tazer has no distance, it is inaccurate and its hard to get a proper shot. Please stop feeling hard done by.

It seems these days all the new aged rebels do is complain all the time about stuff. Months ago old rebels had a choice out of like 3 weapons? and they just got on with it. Now days you all act as if we owe you something every time you get done. A cop carries a tazer and a vermin or MX depending on their rank. You have a long list of cool stuff you can have but yet you always moan about a police officers tazer or lethal? Maybe you should up your game and don't get caught then you wouldn't have to post the same topic every week.

Have a nice day!

The tazer doesn't work on all hits, sometimes desync/lag goes in and ignorres the tazer hitting you (i had a few recordings where i hit person 3+ times, 5 metres in front of me, without anything happening). The effective range on the tazer is about 32 metres if you can hit them. As soon as you try to taze someone, they go into troll mode and starts to run all over the place?

But i agree on the tazer being OP when spammed.

But if someone is spamming their tazer, send a message to me or one of the other cops, then we will have a chat with them, or let their superior know about it. :)

DI Crazyone

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly only cops are acting on this thread. sad days lol.. i honestly feel sorry for you if you honestly dont see it as op.. and yes i would much rather have that you used leathal weapons agianst rebels.. who the fuck runs in to a gun fight with a tazer... c'mon ppl. you cannot be that damn blind. And here i thought the tazer had a 10 shot mag.. lololol......

problem with the tazer is that you only need to hit one ONCE and your out... and no it is not all the "new" rebels complaining.. and if everyone keeps complaining every week dont you think there is something to it then.. 

and crazyone.. do you then think that every hit is working for the rebels.. it is not only the tazer who is affected by desync..  and as i said earlier.. i for one am not able to record my gameplay cuz of my wooden computer. and as long as that tazer is able to be spammed it is gonna be spammed.. two times in a row yester day i got spammed by that shitty weapon..

Same topic every week from different people. Wish people would start reading recent topics. A tazer has no distance, it is inaccurate and its hard to get a proper shot. Please stop feeling hard done by.

It seems these days all the new aged rebels do is complain all the time about stuff. Months ago old rebels had a choice out of like 3 weapons? and they just got on with it. Now days you all act as if we owe you something every time you get done. A cop carries a tazer and a vermin or MX depending on their rank. You have a long list of cool stuff you can have but yet you always moan about a police officers tazer or lethal? Maybe you should up your game and don't get caught then you wouldn't have to post the same topic every week.

Have a nice day!
You need to keep in mind that our weapons aint free. infact they are actually realy damn expensive. and maybe thats why ppl get buthurt over being shot once be some cop going on a spree with their tazer to imobalize them. you can have the best weapon and still all it takes is one hit to lose everything... i would much rather have that cops use leathal weapons.. as long as the tazer is as it is atm.

Its not overpowered at all. You can easily outrun a cop with a tazer if you just use the brain and pick the right routes for escaping. 

Of course if the cop with the Tazer gets lucky he is able to disable a group of eight rebels and ruin their operation, and it's happened to me with d.OG. It's one of the main reasons we don't play much anymore.

If there is a rdm'er or vdm'er they're gonna do more not to get caught than the rebel, i will need more than 1 shot to get them with the tazer.

and what i said it, when I see i have hit someone 3 times, with the tazer, but the server doesn't registrer it, it's not OP, it's buggy.

If there is a rdm'er or vdm'er they're gonna do more not to get caught than the rebel, i will need more than 1 shot to get them with the tazer.

and what i said it, when I see i have hit someone 3 times, with the tazer, but the server doesn't registrer it, it's not OP, it's buggy.
I can understand the use of it for delinquents, it makes your job a lot easier I guess. But that still doesn't mean it should disable a player character for so long.

I can understand the use of it for delinquents, it makes your job a lot easier I guess. But that still doesn't mean it should disable a player character for so long.
Shall I come over to your home with an tazer and taze you and see how long you will stay down mate? ;)

They don't stay down especially long in the game compared to real life. :p  

As said before we cops have a few good rules about the tazer and from what I know they cops that gets caught spamming the tazer or misusing it most often gets their asses handed to them by their superior officers.

Play smart when you are rebel and don't be dumb, I've been rebel from March to  June as a The Crow member and we always had plans of how to deal with tazers and cops and back in the good old days the rebels feared the cops allot more since cops weren't as restricted by rules back then as they are now days.

Shall I come over to your home with an tazer and taze you and see how long you will stay down mate? ;)

They don't stay down especially long in the game compared to real life. :p  

As said before we cops have a few good rules about the tazer and from what I know they cops that gets caught spamming the tazer or misusing it most often gets their asses handed to them by their superior officers.

Play smart when you are rebel and don't be dumb, I've been rebel from March to  June as a The Crow member and we always had plans of how to deal with tazers and cops and back in the good old days the rebels feared the cops allot more since cops weren't as restricted by rules back then as they are now days.
This is a game. Maybe the tazer is pushed towards a more real life standard with the length that a player can go down for but, I've had many moments where one cop can simply negate any operation with a number of men. Parred with ARMA's schizophrenic engine it's very easy to just not have any chance at all against someone being abusive with the weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I've applied to be an officer myself along with a friend of mine, maybe that will change my stance on the weapon because I'll have a chance to use it first hand, but until that moment I still firmly believe that few changes have to be made to the weapon. In any position against the rebels anyway, they wouldn't be using tazers and they would be equipped with live fire-arms rather than a weapon that immobilizes the target, this means that the tazer shouldn't have any chance in hell against a large number of rebels, but then again I've seen it happen.

Sorry if I sound vindictive, I just believe that the weapon could be looked at and tweaked for the benefit of the police force and the opposing force.

Firstly just saw god is now a CI nice man

Secondly I understand where you're coming from as if it is abused it could take down a large group of rebels in seconds. But unfortunately to allow all players to access Altis it isn't a mod so this is the best we got lawl.

So i am getting realy tired of cops abusing their tazer.. and you cant do anything against it unless you got a machine that can record when your playing.. and ofc mine cant. and no i cannot afford a new one.

I was wondering if there actually are gonna be some kinda nerf to that OP tazer? and what is it gonna be and when is it gonna hit.. cuz as long as it is possible to spam it the popo will keep spamming it.. i know some of them dont. but honestly most is abusing it. 

In my opinion it should be removed untill it is changed.

I would love to see it with only one shot in the mag and then you would have to reload..
First of all, tazer is very very inaccurate, have a big recoil and very short range. This means spamming it will only work if you are less than 10m away from your target, otherwise it will only make things worse. Is not easy at all to taze a target if it's moving (at least if it is not moving straight). I've been rebel myself time ago and it wasn't that hard to scape from tazer's shots even when they did spam them. 

Sencond, if you are in tazer's range, you are doing something wrong as a rebel.

Third, it's been said toons of times, but altis life is supposed to happen in 2035, and even though it is not allowed to spam it, it could be legit since those kind of machines currently exist and of course would exist in 2035.

To end, I'd like to say  that the police taser is not op but underpowered, we could be using rubber bullets in our rifles and that would be legit since it's currently used in real police force and in altis life servers as well, but for the time being it's not being used here. That would delete the need of using lethal which would make it more realistic.

So come on, don't tell me tazer is op, rebels are using a lot of weapons while police have this crappy tazer and vermins (most of them) or some mx variants (SPC and above) which use is restricted to certain situations. To be honest police force is not even equipped like today's police forces, and much less like 2035 police force.

I am all for the tazer. im not saying it should be removed forever. But it should be changed you should not be able to spam it. it just is boring.

Guys listen. The tazer is really bad compared to a lethal. If you are like 10m away from the cops he stands no chance if you just aim decently. The tazer is here to stay.

I have seen a cop unable to hit a person over a little distance. Tazers have insane recoil and terrible range. I watched cops use them alot :D in CQ it is OP but cops are not allowed to spam the tazer unless there is a troller. From what i understand new cops will be trained not to spam the tazer.

Back