What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Starting my life on Altis in 4K

Bo1

Hi everyone,

My name is Bo, and i live in Antwerp (Belgium).

I recently descided to get a new pc (largely due to a large tax refund .... so, thanks to the government for supporting my gaming needs), and after much research i descided to go for a 43" UHD 4k screen and a pc that can hadle it (i will post all the specs under Computer Showcase).

Ofcourse when i had finished building this monster pc i wanted to try several games that i had not played in a while to see the difference in graphics. I mostly played strategy games, creative games, and some gta 5 before but playing fps games on a 43" screen with smaller pixels than my older 27" 1080p monitor is such an amazing experience that i have been trying them all since then. I would compare the experience to something between having a monitor or a vr headset because the screen, which is about 1m (3 feet) in front of me, fills my peripheral vision, making me feel a lot more immersed in the game. Although games like GTA 5 and battlefront look amazing, they get boring very fast imo and i kept comming back to ARMA 3. After finishing the campaign and trying some scenarios i discovered Altis Life and started looking for a good server where i good give this a try.

After playing Altis Life UK for 2 days i have to say i am really starting to enjoy this. I like the roleplay aspect and i feel so relieved to get away from the endless hacking, random killing, trolling, etc in gta 5, or the boring gameplay in other fps games.

There are still some things i need to figure out but i have read the rules, and bookmarked some pages like the one that tells me that shift+j might keep me from getting shot next time i get robbed (i couldn't remmember the first time after reading so much about the rules and commands lol).

I think i will be playing this for a long time and i hope have a lot of cool roleplaying experiences. I also hope to meet some cool people to play with and learn more about Altis Life. In the future I will also be looking into becoming a medic, police officer or bounty hunter if possible (i prefer playing the good guy ... even though its a game i still feel guilty when robbing people :p).

If anyone has any questions or want to meet up in game, just let me know. I will probabely be online every evening /night ...... /early morning (i just realised i won't be getting much sleep in the comming weeks :p).

I have 1 question myself: Are there any tricks to tweaking my sound so that i can understand people better in direct communication? Maybe its me or my setup but i'm having trouble understanding some people and the sound of everything else is so much louder. If i'm not mistaken the sound lvl for effects includes dirrect communication, so i cannot turn it up seperatly. I have tried turning up my sound a few times but then a truck happens to roll by and i can hear my windows shaking because of the bass comming out of my JBL speakers and subwoofer.

Cheers and stay safe everyone :)

Welcome to our community @Bo1. I really hope you enjoy your stay and please ensure to read and understand our rules at " http://www.altislife.co.uk/rules/ " ( THIS IS ESSENTIAL IF YOU WANT TO BE A LONG TERM MEMBER ). If you require any assistance, guidance or have a question please do NOT hesitate to come to our TeamSpeak 3 server " ts.altislife.co.uk   [or]  185.38.151.194 " and join the " Join For Staff Attention " and a Staff Member will help you A.S.A.P .[ As Soon As Possible ] .  

You can always check these links : 

For the features of our community.

http://www.altislife.co.uk/gallery/

This link can be used to upload appropriate images of your self or other moments you would like to share with other members.

http://www.altislife.co.uk/awards/

This link can be a guidance to hunt down achievements for your forum account 

And Finally http://www.altislife.co.uk/staff/

This link can be used to see who are the staff members of our community and by clicking the " Message " button you will be able to send PM [Private Message ] to that staff member. 

Answer to the question : In Audio settings if you bring up the first option higher you will be able to hear people louder and if you increase the "VON" option you will hear people louder in vehicles hope this helps

Best Regards

Staff Member [ Member Support ]

Kral

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 1 question myself: Are there any tricks to tweaking my sound so that i can understand people better in direct communication? Maybe its me or my setup but i'm having trouble understanding some people and the sound of everything else is so much louder. If i'm not mistaken the sound lvl for effects includes dirrect communication, so i cannot turn it up seperatly. I have tried turning up my sound a few times but then a truck happens to roll by and i can hear my windows shaking because of the bass comming out of my JBL speakers and subwoofer.
Welcome to Altis Life! If you have any Tech questions in the future, feel free to tag/pm me or post in the Tech forum section which I have seized and Occupy along with a few other Tech-Heads here.

As for your sound, VON sound in arma is the Voice-over-Net and is speech etc, so max that, and drop the others down a bit. In addition to this Shift+p will put in your 'ear plugs' which muffles all sounds EXCEPT voice, so cars, gunshots etc. will be quieter and you will hear people more clearly.

Welcome brother! I've to agree there's nothing like a refund from the government itself! I'm sure you'll find your stay here quite enjoyable, and I hope to see you around ingame! Have fun.

Welcome to Altis Life! If you have any Tech questions in the future, feel free to tag/pm me or post in the Tech forum section which I have seized and Occupy along with a few other Tech-Heads here.

As for your sound, VON sound in arma is the Voice-over-Net and is speech etc, so max that, and drop the others down a bit. In addition to this Shift+p will put in your 'ear plugs' which muffles all sounds EXCEPT voice, so cars, gunshots etc. will be quieter and you will hear people more clearly.
Thanks for the advice, unfortunatly i have already tried that. I think i will have to tweak my home cinema system and maybe make an equaliser setting for this game (with a lot less bass or i will get in trouble with the neighbours lol).

Welcome to the servers buddy! Enjoy your stay!

Like @Kralsaid, don't be afraid to approach any staff team members if you are in need of assistance, we're more than happy to help you out :)

Im running arma 3 in 4k aswell, if you need any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community m8. Wish you a very happy altis life. :)

Welcome to the server and community hope to see you around :)

Thanks for the nice words everyone ... I really hope to meet some more people to play with ... life on altis is way too dangerous on my own lol. I also had a lot more fun the other day when i teamed up with 2 other guys. 

Back