What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Squad XMLs

Walt

Inspector Walt of the FPD
Hello everyone.

Just seen the post confirming that Squad XMLs will no longer be present within AltisLife.co.uk or any other servers. Can I address what I feel to be an issue and something that may have been overlooked when removing them completely...

As you may or may not be aware, squad XMLs are something that were encouraged by Police and Admins as it allowed the Police, other rebel gangs and civilians to identify a person and their association with a gang in a realistic and physical manner. With this now stopping, and gangs now no longer using these, am I to understand that there is now no actual method for a gang member to be identified as such?

Any information on whether this issue has been brought up, and whether any sort of work around has been discussed would be appreciated. I am aware that identifying a gang wasn't a major deal, but it can still help a lot with Policing.

Thanks,

Walt.

They say that they will be allowing custom gang uniforms to be submitted. Obviously this won't be allowed for every single gang, so it's not really a solution. I can't see how it was really causing any issues on the server but I'm not a developer. 

They say that they will be allowing custom gang uniforms to be submitted. Obviously this won't be allowed for every single gang, so it's not really a solution. I can't see how it was really causing any issues on the server but I'm not a developer. 
It's a common troubleshooting method. Remove things one by one that might be causing a problem and see if the issue continues.

It's a common troubleshooting method. Remove things one by one that might be causing a problem and see if the issue continues.
I understand that, but I'm not physically seeing any troubles with the server. At least not while I've been playing. Either way, if they're introducing gang uniforms to compensate for the removal it's unlikely they will be coming back. 

I understand that, but I'm not physically seeing any troubles with the server. At least not while I've been playing. Either way, if they're introducing gang uniforms to compensate for the removal it's unlikely they will be coming back. 
You're not seeing any of the random crashes? I'm barely playing on the server at the moment and even I've seen 2-3 in the last week.

The larger approved gangs will be getting there own uniforms, in terms of other gangs we will rethink the game.

The issue is the server gets sent a squad.xml with a 300kb picture from an external server,we dont know how fast it is and how smooth the transaction onto the server is, the server then stores these pictures and information the the server (2717 to be exact upto today) and then sends them to every player that joins the server across the network, meaning if a player with a new squad.xml joins it then needs to upload it and send it to 125 people and i am pretty sure each client needs to respond to advise the download was complete (Ciaran would be able to confirm that last bit)

We will find a new way, but squad.xmls are not it.

Appreciate the quick response to this concern. Thank you all for taking the time to clear it up.

Since November (Patch 1.54) the server has been crashing around 10 times per day, Previously in the last squad.xmls caused server crashes and they have been an issue to servers since Arma 2.

They might not be the sole issue to the crashes we are seeing in 1.54, Bohemia today confirmed they are relooking into squad.xmls and that was enough for me to remove this external factor for good, It should of been done alot sooner.

another method is to do what alot of people do (although i am guilty of not doing this) and put gang initials in brackets infront of their name (you could then have a rule that allows people to look at this and identify their affiliation with a gang, much like police and their ranks). just a suggestion doe. :p

another method is to do what alot of people do (although i am guilty of not doing this) and put gang initials in brackets infront of their name (you could then have a rule that allows people to look at this and identify their affiliation with a gang, much like police and their ranks). just a suggestion doe. :p
This seems like a Elegant solution until a permenant one can be figured out. THe only Issue i see is imposters or trolls using gang tags to be shitheads.

Can't it be made that you guys upload squad.xmls for bigger gangs and people that join and have other squad.xlms get kicked?

Can't it be made that you guys upload squad.xmls for bigger gangs and people that join and have other squad.xlms get kicked?
Not exactly fair as a gang is a gang tbh..

Larger groups with larger members would probably put more strain on the server

Last edited by a moderator:
Back