What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Speaking while knocked out

The Bearish Crusader

Policeman Officer
So i saw this forum report on CC Dredd, and now im actually pretty confused. Because, if i was not allowed to talk while knocked out, then why can i talk while knocked out. We all know that if you get Tazed you cant talk, but thats because it removes the option to talk. So what im saying is, since you have the option to talk while knocked out, why should you not be able to?

Because your knocked out? You usually hit the floor like a sack of potatoes and don’t get up for a few minutes never mind trying to speak, as demonstrated by this lovely YouTube video (Admin if this isn’t allowed here then please remove) 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1 minute ago, D J said:

Because your knocked out? You usually hit the floor like a sack of potatoes and don’t get up for a few minutes never mind trying to speak, as demonstrated by this lovely YouTube video (Admin if this isn’t allowed here then please remove) 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yeah, but when you get tazed you dont have an option to talk, but when you get knocked out you can still talk ingame

Yeah, but when you get tazed you dont have an option to talk, but when you get knocked out you can still talk ingame
Do we really need the devs to do everything for us though? I thought it was just common sense? 

Do we really need the devs to do everything for us though? I thought it was just common sense? 
Clearly the devs need to because of the recent player report that shows that some players might be confused by it. And now im thinking if it is a rulebreak or not and thats why i would love a staff members opinion on it

As far as I have always known on this server it comes under the common sense rule, if in roleplay, your character is knocked out, of course he's not going to be able to talk. Just because the devs haven't put something in place to stop you doesn't mean it's OK to do it 🙂

Like Styx said, I only remember for a long time ago, you can't speak whilst you are knocked down and I'm pretty sure someone got in trouble for it but thats a long time ago so don't really remember what happened to him. I've asked around for opinions and yeah, you are not allowed to talk whilst knocked out. I tried to reason with him and explain to him but he insists that he is right and I'm wrong so I did my best and have no choice but to take it to the forum.

I think rather than talking about the report, just asking the question is fine.

I am sure with most other 'controversial' reports that loads of people look at, the Staff Team will write in the comments section (of the report) about why what that person did was wrong / right etc.

When you are knocked out, you go unconscious. If you're unconscious, then you cannot talk. Really doesn't get any simpler than that.

When you are knocked out, you go unconscious. If you're unconscious, then you cannot talk. Really doesn't get any simpler than that.
If, in roleplay, you don't 'knock someone out' but instead do something else with the shift + g function, i.e. 'I'm going to tackle you', 'I'm going to knock you down to the ground' does that entitle you to speak whilst you are in the function as in roleplay they haven't knocked you out?

If, in roleplay, you don't 'knock someone out' but instead do something else with the shift + g function, i.e. 'I'm going to tackle you', 'I'm going to knock you down to the ground' does that entitle you to speak whilst you are in the function as in roleplay they haven't knocked you out?
Bingo.

And that (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe is why speaking hasn't been totally disabled. We're an RP server, so we're going to let people RP!

Back