What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

So long, fairwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt

Inspector Walt of the FPD
Hi everyone,

This is something that I don't take much joy in writing, but something I feel is rather overdue...I've had a fantastic time here, and can honestly say I've met some awesome people who I'll hopefully be able to keep in touch with moving on from this, but for now I'm afraid my time has come to an end here.

ArmA was never intended to be a major game for me, I played the second one for a while as a military sim and intended to the same with 3...a curious look on Twitch one random day and I saw how "AltisLife" was becoming the new major thing to do on ArmA, so I typed it in the search box, and clicked on one I felt was reasonable with the starting money, £100,000...who could complain. It didn't take long to claw me in...I still remember logging on to hear M.I.A Paper Planes and thinking "this is pretty fucking awesome". A few days passed and I was playing it pretty solidly, I attempted a heroin run and got ambushed, and with that, I joined the Police...I was pretty quiet back then, not really a part of the Community...I think my first post was simply asking how to get accepted for Police. @Zippeyresponded and got my whole application process sorted throughout the day, he taught me everything I needed to know to succeed as an Officer and as a Roleplayer and sent me on my way. 

It wasn't until I was asked to Head up the NHS that things within this Community really took off for me. Between leading them, and playing part time as an SPC I had the idea to create a persona, Salty Walty. This was something done on the fly, and for no particular reason other than that I was bored. I put on a very dodgy British accent and went about my way. I set up checkpoints to check for diseases and had the pleasure of bumping into some fantastic people, @Reverend, @Unlucky Georgeand many many more. Not long after that I was asked by a group if I could become their secretary for their Security Company. That's how I first really met @Liquid and quite a few others, we had some fantastic times and that continued into our Police lives, acting as some very camp Cops more interested in fashion than serving out justice. It was a fantastic laugh and it's honestly stuff like this that kept me going and invested in PC Gaming. 

A while later I had stepped down from NHS and was beginning to focus on my Policing. Maratek taught me so much it's hard to express it, his attitude was tip top and he saved my skin more than once...I rose up the ranks within Neochori, a fantastic team led by @crazyone. We had such a great, tight knit group there, it was awesome...Anyway, as time went on I managed to secure the Rank of DI of the newly formed RTU group. With @Zinderat the helm we saw the unit expand and the amount of RTU vehicles getting robbed skyrocket, but we had a fantastic bloody time. A lot of those original RTU lads are still about even now, and have managed to keep to such a high standard of Policing throughout all these years it's just amazing. Hats off to all of you, I hope you can continue to climb because you deserve it.

Eventually I got SI...my goodness what a time to be alive. I loved it, the responsibility, the work, if it had paid I would have made it my full time job. Working with @fisher@Fuel, @Neo. @Commander Maratekand @Bawbwas genuinely one of the best experiences I've had and far exceeded anything I expected when accepting the role...Somehow though, I messed it up, it was during a routine arrest I decided to take the roleplay a bit further and that ended up with some fantastic torture roleplay... Both myself and the other gentleman involved were having a great time, however there were some who become quite disgusted by my actions to the point of in-game suicide. After speaking to that person and an Admin I hit a rather low point. I saw the situation from a lot of other PoVs and could see how other players were reacting to what I had done, groups attacked the Police based purely on those actions, and it was something I wasn't happy with, so I stuck my resignation in, left the Police force, got drunk and had a member of the UNMC execute me after allowing me to stand on gate duty with him for about 30 minutes...A bit later, I managed to sneak back into the Police with the help of Fuel under the agreement that I Roleplay as a Police Officer from the deep south, needless to say that didn't go well.  Sadly all good things must come to an end, and the Command began to be chipped away, Maratek and Bawb no longer with us, something that I hate to see because I had a lot of respect for them..however Fuel and Neo now live on within the Staff team, something they truly deserve as their passion for this Community cannot be matched. With all them moving off in their own directions, a path opened up that allowed me to move in as a CSI. I had a fucking awesome time as CSI. I genuinely loved my role and the powers it gave me, I felt useful and felt somewhat needed. I met some fantastic people through this game, through this Community and through that position alone. @Fry, @fisher, @Gazalad, @Coolbreeze, @CSI Tim, @Axolotl, @Spunky Bumlove. The best colleagues I could have asked for during my time sa CSI, we had a laugh, Roleplayed a bunch and tried not to bugger up a whole lot. People will always have opinions about some, but I have nothing but respect for all of them, amazing people who led the Police in such a positive direction. 

@Dylan. One of if not the best roleplayer in this Community. Outshines me by bloody miles and really puts his heart into his Policing. Fucking awesome lad who can provide the banter, yet knock you on your ass with his roleplay. I hope you can keep on going as you have mate. You're helping shape this Community into such a Roleplay driven one, just as it should be. Good on ya.

@Crumbs- You started off so well mate, coming from your MILSIM community I just happened to patrol with you and we had a right laugh. You knew your shit and really held your own. Then you got promoted and turned into an abusive loudmouth who wouldn't shut up....but you got my respect anyway. Had some great times with you bud and hopefully we'll continue to have some more.

I could mention pretty much everyone in this Community as I'm fairly sure we'll have met at some point. You're all awesome, but if I had to write it all out I'd be here all week and I just don't have the effort...gotta get back to my till...

If there's one thing I could ask, it's that people start relaxing. All this reporting and drama on the side chat...it's so shit to see...back in the days I actually played as civ people would chat shit about flying people round the Island, and just have random chatter. Now it's this whole automated chat on my TS or get banned bollocks. 

When I stepped down from Policing I pretty much knew my time here was over. It would have been if not for the great bunch of people who took me in and simply let me game with em as though I'd known em for years. Bunch of fantastic people who became the only reason I really came on here anymore. Sadly due to drama, issues and more drama a lot of them have gone now, banned and left. I fucking love the Community, invested what...2 years of my life into this, but I just can't anymore...

I wish everyone here the very best, both in-game and in life. Getting to know you has been a pleasure and something I won't forget in a long time. This has been a pretty major part of my life, so thank you for ensuring it wasn't simply wasted.

Love Walt.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know which is pissing me off more, the fact that you are leaving or you didn't mention me... Probably you not mentioning me

Good luck though, you were by far one of the best role players here and it's shame to see you go

Walt, you've always been a credit to this community, from your days RPing your ebola check point to your time as a cop, I've always enjoyed every encounter, every time I realise it's you I'm about to RP with I just know, it's going to be a good one.

I do hope we'll see you back here again, It would be a tragedy if it wasn't the case.

Take care buddy, today is a sad day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad day for the community not only are you one of the best ever role players in this community you, you are a great guy as well. Hopefully this is only temporally and you'll return soon!

We didn't really speak much, but you were a great friend and not to mention the time and effort you devoted to the police force. 

Good luck in the future Walt!

Deeply sad to see you go. You devoted a huge amount of time to the police and I thank you greatly for that. Had a number of great RP experiences with you in the police and I hope you enjoyed your short time out of it in spite of circumstances. We lose a great member of the community today.

Enjoy yourself elsewhere...

You were and are a legend on this community, I don't know anyone who can surpass your ability to RP. I'm very fortunate to have had the chance of working together with you when you were CSI and grateful for the opportunity you gave me when I got promoted. You will be deeply missed by many! 

Thanks for your work in the police and on the server as a whole, good luck in the future. Thanks for all the help you gave to me and all the talks we had mate, was a experience to say the least, especially on ATS...  :blush:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not you as well :(

@Riddler

Never had a huge amount of encounters with you, but every single one that I did was always top notch.
Especially when I ratted out Mayor @Cutter drunk at the apple fields for creating a Gert Huge Monster made from Rusty Trombones.

You always cared more for the people you were RP'ing with, making sure they had a good time, rather than your own desires.
This is a massive loss to the community, as your RP and ability was always a shining example to everyone of how you could make RP fun for all parties involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only ever had one encounter with you and that was during a hostage operation at the Oil Trader Compound, I was sitting in a shack shooting and instead of you coming in and shooting me, you just asked me to surrender my weapon and you let me go on my way.

This is something I have never seen anyone do and I can only imagine if I had more encounters that they would have been great.

Have a good time wherever you go next and enjoy!

Fuck man. This is upsetting indeed. 

Good luck buddy, you were the one of if not the greatest Roleplayer this community has ever seen. Thanks for everything Walt and good luck bud :)

@Dylan. One of if not the best roleplayer in this Community. Outshines me by bloody miles and really puts his heart into his Policing. Fucking awesome lad who can provide the banter, yet knock you on your ass with his roleplay. I hope you can keep on going as you have mate. You're helping shape this Community into such a Roleplay driven one, just as it should be. Good on ya.
<3

Maybe now we can get striders added in for medics.. kappa

cya walter. You did a lot for the community, and even more so the police. Times when you were CSI and came home from work and was absolutely knackered but still carried on with popo work.. great cop, great roleplayer and you deserve that roleplay of the year and 6 months vip.. that never came.. 

:(

Walt, I'll miss you my friend! You best fkcn speak to me on whatsapp, steam or the ps4. The most fun I had in the police was prolly our patrols! TBH I think one of the reasons (Besides not having much time) i dont patrol as much as I used too. Its all because I don't patrol with you anymore! The rage after crashing the diffrent characters all great. And what I'll miss most is your constant complaining/trolling me about everything I did/said in RP. You are one of the best this community has seen by far. IF YOU DONT COME ON TS ONCE IN AWHILE I WILL CALL YOU WHILE YOUR AT WORK!

Fuck this shit. Don't say by, just lurk on the forums.

My first encounter with you, back when Ebola was still a thing.

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

Hi everyone,

This is something that I don't take much joy in writing, but something I feel is rather overdue...I've had a fantastic time here, and can honestly say I've met some awesome people who I'll hopefully be able to keep in touch with moving on from this, but for now I'm afraid my time has come to an end here.

ArmA was never intended to be a major game for me, I played the second one for a while as a military sim and intended to the same with 3...a curious look on Twitch one random day and I saw how "AltisLife" was becoming the new major thing to do on ArmA, so I typed it in the search box, and clicked on one I felt was reasonable with the starting money, £100,000...who could complain. It didn't take long to claw me in...I still remember logging on to hear M.I.A Paper Planes and thinking "this is pretty fucking awesome". A few days passed and I was playing it pretty solidly, I attempted a heroin run and got ambushed, and with that, I joined the Police...I was pretty quiet back then, not really a part of the Community...I think my first post was simply asking how to get accepted for Police. @Zippeyresponded and got my whole application process sorted throughout the day, he taught me everything I needed to know to succeed as an Officer and as a Roleplayer and sent me on my way. 

It wasn't until I was asked to Head up the NHS that things within this Community really took off for me. Between leading them, and playing part time as an SPC I had the idea to create a persona, Salty Walty. This was something done on the fly, and for no particular reason other than that I was bored. I put on a very dodgy British accent and went about my way. I set up checkpoints to check for diseases and had the pleasure of bumping into some fantastic people, @Reverend, @Unlucky Georgeand many many more. Not long after that I was asked by a group if I could become their secretary for their Security Company. That's how I first really met @Liquid and quite a few others, we had some fantastic times and that continued into our Police lives, acting as some very camp Cops more interested in fashion than serving out justice. It was a fantastic laugh and it's honestly stuff like this that kept me going and invested in PC Gaming. 

A while later I had stepped down from NHS and was beginning to focus on my Policing. Maratek taught me so much it's hard to express it, his attitude was tip top and he saved my skin more than once...I rose up the ranks within Neochori, a fantastic team led by @crazyone. We had such a great, tight knit group there, it was awesome...Anyway, as time went on I managed to secure the Rank of DI of the newly formed RTU group. With @Zinderat the helm we saw the unit expand and the amount of RTU vehicles getting robbed skyrocket, but we had a fantastic bloody time. A lot of those original RTU lads are still about even now, and have managed to keep to such a high standard of Policing throughout all these years it's just amazing. Hats off to all of you, I hope you can continue to climb because you deserve it.

Eventually I got SI...my goodness what a time to be alive. I loved it, the responsibility, the work, if it had paid I would have made it my full time job. Working with @fisher@Fuel, @Neo. @Commander Maratekand @Bawbwas genuinely one of the best experiences I've had and far exceeded anything I expected when accepting the role...Somehow though, I messed it up, it was during a routine arrest I decided to take the roleplay a bit further and that ended up with some fantastic torture roleplay... Both myself and the other gentleman involved were having a great time, however there were some who become quite disgusted by my actions to the point of in-game suicide. After speaking to that person and an Admin I hit a rather low point. I saw the situation from a lot of other PoVs and could see how other players were reacting to what I had done, groups attacked the Police based purely on those actions, and it was something I wasn't happy with, so I stuck my resignation in, left the Police force, got drunk and had a member of the UNMC execute me after allowing me to stand on gate duty with him for about 30 minutes...A bit later, I managed to sneak back into the Police with the help of Fuel under the agreement that I Roleplay as a Police Officer from the deep south, needless to say that didn't go well.  Sadly all good things must come to an end, and the Command began to be chipped away, Maratek and Bawb no longer with us, something that I hate to see because I had a lot of respect for them..however Fuel and Neo now live on within the Staff team, something they truly deserve as their passion for this Community cannot be matched. With all them moving off in their own directions, a path opened up that allowed me to move in as a CSI. I had a fucking awesome time as CSI. I genuinely loved my role and the powers it gave me, I felt useful and felt somewhat needed. I met some fantastic people through this game, through this Community and through that position alone. @Fry, @fisher, @Gazalad, @Coolbreeze, @CSI Tim, @Axolotl, @Spunky Bumlove. The best colleagues I could have asked for during my time sa CSI, we had a laugh, Roleplayed a bunch and tried not to bugger up a whole lot. People will always have opinions about some, but I have nothing but respect for all of them, amazing people who led the Police in such a positive direction. 

@Crumbs- You started off so well mate, coming from your MILSIM community I just happened to patrol with you and we had a right laugh. You knew your shit and really held your own. Then you got promoted and turned into an abusive loudmouth who wouldn't shut up....but you got my respect anyway. Had some great times with you bud and hopefully we'll continue to have some more.

I could mention pretty much everyone in this Community as I'm fairly sure we'll have met at some point. You're all awesome, but if I had to write it all out I'd be here all week and I just don't have the effort...gotta get back to my till...

If there's one thing I could ask, it's that people start relaxing. All this reporting and drama on the side chat...it's so shit to see...back in the days I actually played as civ people would chat shit about flying people round the Island, and just have random chatter. Now it's this whole automated chat on my TS or get banned bollocks. 

When I stepped down from Policing I pretty much knew my time here was over. It would have been if not for the great bunch of people who took me in and simply let me game with em as though I'd known em for years. Bunch of fantastic people who became the only reason I really came on here anymore. Sadly due to drama, issues and more drama a lot of them have gone now, banned and left. I fucking love the Community, invested what...2 years of my life into this, but I just can't anymore...

I wish everyone here the very best, both in-game and in life. Getting to know you has been a pleasure and something I won't forget in a long time. This has been a pretty major part of my life, so thank you for ensuring it wasn't simply wasted.

Love Walt.

Don't.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back