What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Should we really have a Red-Zone?

If thats your answer to my reply which I think is full of facts, I cant take anything you say serious because all I see is someone whining about something because its not their way.
Neither of us seem to be getting eachothers point so I'll just leave it if we're going for the whining-part.

This is going to turn into a Police vs. Rebel flame war very soon.
Hey im a cop and im supporting the red zone. gives the police a break from the rebels at times and the rebels more to do... its a win win for all

@Tidus Ooo i keep forgetting your a Cop :p I don't really understand why there are arguments or supporting sides. The redzone is well out of the way of any RP, to the point of where even now people don't enter the area it's going to be. There's literally no counter argument apart from one, when i was talking to Tiktak, that Rebels often use it to bait cops into there. 

People don't want to blow of steam on your Exile server because it's a buggy mess, and king of the hill is also a laggy mess because you get this one guy with a high end PC in some kind of helicopter destroying everyone's frames with each missile he launches, I've no issue with a red zone, I think the roleplay that gangs would shoot to kill on site makes sense, but again there's so many grey zones with the rules for Altis Life UK.. like what's the sketch with the red zones around cocaine fields etc are they shoot to kill areas? and if not why are they red it just confuses me all the time.

I don't really care for Red zone's myself.

However...

If having a red zone in the small peninsula to the south where no-one ever really goes except for Cocaine Processing (Which can be moved) means that a group of people looking for a fight, take it to the red-zone rather than dicking on some poor civvy with some shitty RP who is just trying to do an Iron run... Id rather have a red-zone.

The real question is not "Do I want a red-zone?" its: "Will the server be better off with a red zone".
If the red-zone is in a deserted area with only outposts to capture, then what the hell is the harm in having it?
In this situation, people looking for a fight get their area to do it, and if I don't want a fight? Then I stay out of the damned red-zone.. simple.

Everyone wins right? I'm really not getting this whole "I want RP, not KOS" argument... You don't HAVE to go into the red-zone, if no resources or processing are in there, then its just a zone for people to fight if they want to. Go play on Exile? or King of the Hill you say? 

If you have no intention of going into the red-zone, then why does it matter whether its there or not? This is why I think it should only be placed in a desolate area with no resources or processing, so no-one is forced to go there, its only if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a redzone.. There is a lot of rivalry between gangs and saying to go let steam off on wasteland is a poor way to solve it because the big gangs will just case havok in cities and people will get in the cross fire and call rdm having the redzone where all the gang bases are will help rebel groups leave their grudges across the border, yes people will camp bases but it's no different to when police camp the drug dealer also the whole bottom right hand side is only used to get gear anyway so I don't see how it creates RP stories..
I see where you are going with this and I sort of agree but I wouldn't want it. The reason I wouldn't want redzone is because the redzone is just for fighting and there isn't really anything there that is of any significance (other than outposts and gang bases) and also yes at the moment it is only where people buy gear but in the future of Altis I bet if we didn't have a redzone there would be more than just outposts but new things to do to earn money.

No redzone would also allow for cops to pass through and get small bits of RP as well. We shouldn't have redzone because if we do people could use it as an exploit to get away from cops. Now how I think it could be fixed is to have small redzone's at the bigger gangs bases (redzone's about the size of the base). 

Now you are saying that big gangs need to blow off some steam. I can agree with that but we always have to keep in mind that this is a SERIOUS roleplay server and it isn't about "blowing off steam" it should be a community full of people looking for fun roleplay activity's. So when it comes to redzone's I think there should only be redzone's (if there are to be any at all) at the gang bases (excluding the two outposts).

again, the biggest issue is see is people WASTING SERVER SLOTS ON AN RP SERVER... if you need to blow off some steam, go on wasteland, exile, zeus, king of the hill, endgame, or whatever and come back when you feel like roleplaying. is it really THAT hard to grasp the concept?

Its not about blowing off steam really though its about having somewhere for rebels, I don't see the big problem with having a red zone it stop all the fights in towns between gangs.... I remember when gangs used to arrange fights within the red zone and it was really fun without all the innocent people getting killed or the cops joining in on the fight. its not just and RDM zone its a place the rebels control, just like the police control the cities and the UNMC control areas of the map too... why can't rebels have their zone back. At least it will some of the fights between rebels and cops.... it just seems the usual argument really cops don't want the red zone but rebels do, with a few exceptions of course.

Axty9oz.gif

Basically what this has turned into...

In all seriousness I don't disagree with red zone being re-implemented but it definitely should have some changes, for starters police should be able to pursue suspects into red zone with permission from a much lower rank, it was ridiculous how people who did gas station robberies on the eastern side of the map were untouchable because of the 3 minute rule.

Its not about blowing off steam really though its about having somewhere for rebels, I don't see the big problem with having a red zone it stop all the fights in towns between gangs.... I remember when gangs used to arrange fights within the red zone and it was really fun without all the innocent people getting killed or the cops joining in on the fight. its not just and RDM zone its a place the rebels control, just like the police control the cities and the UNMC control areas of the map too... why can't rebels have their zone back. At least it will some of the fights between rebels and cops.... it just seems the usual argument really cops don't want the red zone but rebels do, with a few exceptions of course.
This is the problem. It doesn't matter if you "arrange fights" that is not what this server is about this is a serious RP server and we don't need a redzone. The reason why people fight in city's is because those are the big city's of course fights happen, especially because of the fact that things happen there a lot. This is a serious RP community. So all of you who would like redzone think long and hard about the word ROLEPLAY it is not about gun fights.

But everybody has an opinion, and that's my opinion so :D

This is the problem. It doesn't matter if you "arrange fights" that is not what this server is about this is a serious RP server and we don't need a redzone. The reason why people fight in city's is because those are the big city's of course fights happen, especially because of the fact that things happen there a lot. This is a serious RP community. So all of you who would like redzone think long and hard about the word ROLEPLAY it is not about gun fights.

But everybody has an opinion, and that's my opinion so :D
So.... why do police have guns at all? if its all about roleplay and not guns why is there even guns? I don't think you understand we are still playing Arma 3 and guns/gun fights are a big part of it... I mean I'm not even that good at shooting but I don't mind a gun fight every now and then, I'm sure alot of people feel the same way... all I'm saying is its better to have a rebel area out of the way of civs trying to make money and to put less stress on the police force.

So.... why do police have guns at all? if its all about roleplay and not guns why is there even guns? I don't think you understand we are still playing Arma 3 and guns/gun fights are a big part of it... I mean I'm not even that good at shooting but I don't mind a gun fight every now and then, I'm sure alot of people feel the same way... all I'm saying is its better to have a rebel area out of the way of civs trying to make money and to put less stress on the police force.
You can still find RP when you have guns it adds a whole new experience to the game with guns. I see what you are saying but in my opinion guns are what make up the game and of course the RP community will add it in. But even so when you have guns you can have multiple different RP situations, and not all of them have to start in a gun war, and if we get redzone it wont make a difference when it comes to gun fights and RP to be honest I think it will make it worse.

Since rebels have their own zone they don't need to RP in that zone so their RP skills start to sink. Also your statement saying "why have guns" I think "why have weed" "why have cocaine" "why have heroine" Because they all have a form of RP in it. But a big problem in the whole rezone situation I think people will exploit the redzone by driving in when cops are chasing them, people will just camp around and wait for people to fly by and then get sprayed down by a chopper.

So all in all whilst Red-zone can be good in some ways there are a lot of flaws to it and it removes the whole point of a roleplay server.

I personally think we should have no dedicated red zone! However I think once gang bases are in they should have a small red zone on each base, this is to make it more risky to gear up as I personally think it's to easy at the moment. 

I think once gang bases are in they should have a small red zone on each base
so what if no other LOV members are on and want to talk to people at the base one geared person jumps out the car and shoots me and the other 3 gear up

Last edited by a moderator:
so what if no other LOV members are on and want to talk to people at the base one geared person jumps out the car and shoots me and the other 3 gear up
Then opt to have a base outside of the red zone. I am sure @Wilco would allow people to choose if they want a red zone base or not?

Redzones are great places for gangs to blow off some steam and fight each other. And the Altis map is fucking huge, so i don´t see anything bad with using a part of it for a redzone (As there is places where there will is nothing to do anyways). It also might help people provide better rp elsewhere.
If gangs want to blow off steam fair enough but there's nothing stopping them from playing exile/koth

Back