What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

SCAMMED BY GOLDCAR

Mr Laurens

hello everyone, 

so my dad and mom got scammed by goldcar and im trying to post something on facebook to draw their attention, thing is it has to be in english and my english isnt top notch, so could someone PLEASE look into this and adjust it if need???

NEVER GOLDCAR AGAIN!

Worst experience i have ever had.

We arrived on the 30th of september in Murcia for an holiday of 10 days. We hired a car on the website of Gold Murcia Airport. ( a Citroën Berlingo ) Rental price: €91,50 for 10 days including an extra driver. When we arrived at the airport they wanted me to take an extra insurance (relax cover) for €100,- extra. You have an standard insurance all risk with the cost of €1200.- , with the relax cover which cost €100,- you have no all risk. I already have an all risk insurance with a different company which is reliable and easy to do. So i didnt take the extra insurance which they really tried to sell me. After that they gave me the key to my car and they asked me sign a form which said there wasnt any damage on the car (larger scratches then 6 cm), But first i had to check that by myself , but to my own suprise the car DID have damage so i took photos with my phone and went back in to show the damage. The worker asked if there was any damage and i replied ''yes there is.'' so she took a form and filled in that there was damage on the car, copied the form and gave it to me. After 10 days of holiday i came back to return the car. When i came back at the desk the same worker helped me who filled in the damage form. but then the worker told me there was damage on the car, which i replied '' yes thats written on the paper you filled in''. then she replied ''this is not the same damage as written on the paper.'' So i showed the pictures on my phone which had timestamps on it. But then she said the photo's don't count and immediatly asked for my creditcard, which i ofcourse refused to give. after a discussion in which they asked for my creditcard over 4 times I left because i had to catch my flight. two days after i arrived at home i noticed €58,00 euro was drawn from my creditcard, after that €1200,- euro. Then i've sent an email to goldcar explaining the entire story and photo's and ofcourse asking for my money back. after 1 week waiting i HAVENT GOT ANY REPLY FROM GOLDCAR. So i've sent all the forms to Visa and within 3 days i had my money back on my account. They will now proceed to take messures against goldcar. 

appareantly this is normal with goldcar, I thought Goldcar was an proffessional company but it appears it's not at all!

I will never hire a car at Goldcar ever again!

Will translate and fix grammar, and repost here. Give me 10minutes :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst experience I have ever had!

We arrived on the 30th September in Murcia for a holiday of 10 days. We hired a car on the website from Gold Murcia Airport. ( a Citroën Berlingo ) Rental price: €91,50 for 10 days including an extra driver. When we arrived at the airport they wanted me to take extra insurance (relax cover) for €100,- extra. You have an standard insurance all risk with the cost of €1200.- , with the relax cover which cost €100,- you have no all risk. 
I already have an all risk insurance with a different company which is reliable and easy to do. So I didnt take the extra insurance which they really tried to sell me. After that they gave me the key to my car and they asked me sign a form which said there wasnt any damage on the car (larger scratches then 6 cm), But first i had to check that by myself , but to my own suprise the car DID have damage so I took photos with my phone and went back in to show the damage. The worker asked if there was any damage to which I replied ''Yes there is.''. She took a form and filled in that there was damage on the car, copied the form and gave it to me. After 10 days of holiday I came back to return the car. When I came back to the desk, it was the same worker that helped me who filled in the damage form, but then to my surprise the worker told me there was damage on the car, which I replied '' Yes thats written on the paper you filled in''. then she replied ''this is not the same damage as written on the paper.''. I showed the pictures on my phone which had timestamps on it. But then she said the photo's don't count and immediatly asked for my creditcard, which I ofcourse refused to give. After a discussion in which they asked for my creditcard over 4 times, I had to leave because I needed to catch my flight. Two days after I arrived at home I noticed €58,00 euro was drawn from my creditcard, after that €1200,- euro. Then I sent an email to Goldcar explaining the entire story and photo's and ofcourse asking for my money back, after 1 week waiting I haven't receieved a reply from Goldcar. So I've sent all the forms to Visa and within 3 days I had my money back on my account. They will now proceed to take measures against the company, Goldcar.
Apparently, this is normal with goldcar, I thought they were a professional company but it appears that it's not true.

-A very unhappy customer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

If all the charges are on a credit card, then in the UK you're protected by Section 75 of the Credit Agreement.
Just contact the card company explaining you want them to get a refund on a charge using Section 75, etc.

The key thing is to have as much paperwork and evidence as possible when explaining, and the credit card company will chase down and get the money back for you (as long as you are in the right).

Credit Card companies are just as liable for getting refunds for unapproved charges as you are as the consumer.

^^ 
This is why Credit Cards are awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will translate and fix grammar, and repost here. Give me 10minutes :)

Worst experience I have ever had!

We arrived on the 30th September in Murcia for a holiday of 10 days. We hired a car on the website from Gold Murcia Airport. ( a Citroën Berlingo ) Rental price: €91,50 for 10 days including an extra driver. When we arrived at the airport they wanted me to take extra insurance (relax cover) for €100,- extra. You have an standard insurance all risk with the cost of €1200.- , with the relax cover which cost €100,- you have no all risk. 
I already have an all risk insurance with a different company which is reliable and easy to do. So I didnt take the extra insurance which they really tried to sell me. After that they gave me the key to my car and they asked me sign a form which said there wasnt any damage on the car (larger scratches then 6 cm), But first i had to check that by myself , but to my own suprise the car DID have damage so I took photos with my phone and went back in to show the damage. The worker asked if there was any damage to which I replied ''Yes there is.''. She took a form and filled in that there was damage on the car, copied the form and gave it to me. After 10 days of holiday I came back to return the car. When I came back to the desk, it was the same worker that helped me who filled in the damage form, but then to my surprise the worker told me there was damage on the car, which I replied '' Yes thats written on the paper you filled in''. then she replied ''this is not the same damage as written on the paper.''. I showed the pictures on my phone which had timestamps on it. But then she said the photo's don't count and immediatly asked for my creditcard, which I ofcourse refused to give. After a discussion in which they asked for my creditcard over 4 times, I had to leave because I needed to catch my flight. Two days after I arrived at home I noticed €58,00 euro was drawn from my creditcard, after that €1200,- euro. Then I sent an email to Goldcar explaining the entire story and photo's and ofcourse asking for my money back, after 1 week waiting I haven't receieved a reply from Goldcar. So I've sent all the forms to Visa and within 3 days I had my money back on my account. They will now proceed to take measures against the company, Goldcar.
Apparently, this is normal with goldcar, I thought they were a professional company but it appears that it's not true.

-A very unhappy customer.

jamz, you sir are the best. thanks mate!

Back