What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Good Day all

I trust you are well

I would like to raise an concern I have encountered in the a early hours of the morning (1 am my time) while doing an FA.

When on patrol civilians will flag you down to ask for help or would like a chat with you, then what happens is they would stand close to the car and the second you get out and lock your car they immediately get in and are locked inside of it.

Besides this being extremely irritating I find this to be low class roleplay and the server is not fast enough to instantly lock your car as you get out so there is a slight delay hence why they get locked inside.

Could we possibly implement a rule condoning this action where civilians are able to instantly jump in the driver seat as you get out.

I look forward to your feedback

Regards

SGT Nabster
-1 if your unable to lock your car quick enough when you get out then don’t park so close to ppl 

Good Day all

I trust you are well

I would like to raise an concern I have encountered in the a early hours of the morning (1 am my time) while doing an FA.

When on patrol civilians will flag you down to ask for help or would like a chat with you, then what happens is they would stand close to the car and the second you get out and lock your car they immediately get in and are locked inside of it.

Besides this being extremely irritating I find this to be low class roleplay and the server is not fast enough to instantly lock your car as you get out so there is a slight delay hence why they get locked inside.

Could we possibly implement a rule condoning this action where civilians are able to instantly jump in the driver seat as you get out.

I look forward to your feedback

Regards

SGT Nabster
-1 remove decamp script and gat civ out

Last edited by a moderator:
When jumping out of your car it is your own responsibility to make sure your car is safe, whether parking away from civs or making sure you lock it as soon as you step out, it's still your responsibility.

I feel like a the Value your life rule needs to be changed a bit, for example if you watch this video of a compensation request at 1:13 this player was mid action with a gun touching his head and he can simply run off, with a more severe rule RP would be forced more meaning they would talk it out, restrain him and punish him, or even rob him for trying to rob the truck. However due to this he ran off and followed the guy in his car which has no RP whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMSKwSRoyuY

I feel like a the Value your life rule needs to be changed a bit, for example if you watch this video of a compensation request at 1:13 this player was mid action with a gun touching his head and he can simply run off, with a more severe rule RP would be forced more meaning they would talk it out, restrain him and punish him, or even rob him for trying to rob the truck. However due to this he ran off and followed the guy in his car which has no RP whatsoever.

+1 however in the video even with stricter rules regarding it, he would be able to pull that off due to needing to run such a short distance and the position of the other attacker being disadvantageous if he does flee. 

However i I feel like stricter value of life rules could work and boost rp and the number of successful kidnappings rather than big gunfights. If it is to be regulated so that there is no clear way of getting out of it you have to surrender unless the situation is otherwise(e.g the vid above, or you have multiple other people around etc.) value of life could definitely be improved on here.

For example on most modded rp servers, although rp standards are much lower they have very strict value of life rules which means that there are much more successful kidnappings and more rp regarding these rather than gunfight, gunfight, third try lucky. 

+1 however in the video even with stricter rules regarding it, he would be able to pull that off due to needing to run such a short distance and the position of the other attacker being disadvantageous if he does flee. 

However i I feel like stricter value of life rules could work and boost rp and the number of successful kidnappings rather than big gunfights. If it is to be regulated so that there is no clear way of getting out of it you have to surrender unless the situation is otherwise(e.g the vid above, or you have multiple other people around etc.) value of life could definitely be improved on here.

For example on most modded rp servers, although rp standards are much lower they have very strict value of life rules which means that there are much more successful kidnappings and more rp regarding these rather than gunfight, gunfight, third try lucky. 

This is my opinion not a staff one,

the value of life is not a server rule but a police rule.

However, as much as I want to see this changed this would be impossible to enforce due to different opinions about what value of life would be.

​

However, as much as I want to see this changed this would be impossible to enforce due to different opinions about what value of life would be.

​
I see how you can say this, but other modded life servers have managed to pull this off(practically every single one in the last 4 years...or more afak). This shows that it can be done, as well as it could be done off of a way that if you can justify(within reason...no super hero things)  your actions if somebody disagrees with how you acted in that situation then it is acceptable. Even if just trialled as something, if player reports quadruple than reverse it but if the guidelines behind it are clear enough I think it could work well and reduce gunfights whilst also increasing roleplay.

You do realize that we are not modded right
Correct, however that does not change the fact that those rules could be used on a non modded server, as valuing life isn't something which requires mods. I cannot find an example of Altis life servers which have had them, however servers using maps like Lakeside, Silverlake & even modded malden have valuing life rules whilst still having blooming player bases. I don't see why it would not work on Altis life. It would remove how trigger happy situations would be, increase roleplay(something which the quality of has seemed to slowly deminish over time) and generally force people to value their lives rather than who can spam x the most whilst unloading a clip into the person in front of them.

May I remind you that this is the Rules Suggestions area and should be used to discuss current rules and the way they work.

@Cool if you want to discuss your previous post please get in touch and I'll be glad to discuss this but this topic is not the place.

Otherwise please keep posts to useful feedback.

Kind regards,

Matt and the Staff Leads.

On the forum rules part of the Rules page change "(15.4) Commenting on a ban appeal or report a player thread that is not involving you will lead to a warning point and a 7 day posting restriction. " to "(15.4) Commenting on a ban appeal, report a player or a PCC(Police Complaint)  thread that is not involving you will lead to a warning point and a 7 day posting restriction. "

If posting on one can result in a warning it should be on the list of rules etc. (It already is on the PCC rules etc but I don't see what is wrong with having it here too as a reminder"

In some firefights as police, some rebels store their guns in their backpacks and then move as civilians until they are on favorable grounds, then getting their guns out of their backpacks to engage on the police again. Since no rules cover for those incidences, I suggest changing the 2.6 rule of combat storing to apply to weapons of any sorts as well. This will make sure that all those that are in combat can be identified and dealt with appropiatily. This rule change can also be favorable for rebel against rebel firefights as well.

In another silly note, according to the Geneva conventions: those that are engaging combatans, will be deemed as combatans as well. Not civilians.

(6.1.5) You must not park or leave your vehicle inside of a green zone in order to sell illegal items such as drugs or guns.

i feel the above rule should also cover people selling legal stuff outside a zone but parking the vehicle inside of one 

Possibly add "or legal items where the selling point is outside of the green zone"

In some firefights as police, some rebels store their guns in their backpacks and then move as civilians until they are on favorable grounds, then getting their guns out of their backpacks to engage on the police again. Since no rules cover for those incidences, I suggest changing the 2.6 rule of combat storing to apply to weapons of any sorts as well. This will make sure that all those that are in combat can be identified and dealt with appropiatily. This rule change can also be favorable for rebel against rebel firefights as well.

In another silly note, according to the Geneva conventions: those that are engaging combatans, will be deemed as combatans as well. Not civilians.

(5.3)

The 1000m NLR area works currently for its intended purpose, but I feel it is too restrictive.

I think it could be improved by allowing players to enter areas where they died; for a legitimate purpose, such as:

Passing though

Picking up friends / being picked up by friends​

Buying from stores​

Retrieving vehicles from garage​

Although, with the removal of the 1000m radius there must be another measure in place to stop low quality roleplay (such as seeing a player you just killed).​

I suggest the following:

The player must enter the area for the shortest possible time, and complete their objective straight away

The player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area.

If possible the player must remain in a vehicle (this reduces the chance of someone starting roleplay, and allows for a quick exit).​

Ideally, these rules would be added into section 5.3 of the New Life Rule, with the removal of the following:

"Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired."​

I believe this adjustment to the rules will allow players more freedom, allowing friends to meet up and trade to continue.

These extra freedoms will mean more roleplay opportunities are likely because:​

Players could now pass through main towns - the best trade routes.​

Players can meet up with their friends faster, and get out there into the world, not being limited from passing through certain areas.​

(5.3)

The 1000m NLR area works currently for its intended purpose, but I feel it is too restrictive.

I think it could be improved by allowing players to enter areas where they died; for a legitimate purpose, such as:

Passing though

Picking up friends / being picked up by friends​

Buying from stores​

Retrieving vehicles from garage​

Although, with the removal of the 1000m radius there must be another measure in place to stop low quality roleplay (such as seeing a player you just killed).​

I suggest the following:

The player must enter the area for the shortest possible time, and complete their objective straight away

The player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area.

If possible the player must remain in a vehicle (this reduces the chance of someone starting roleplay, and allows for a quick exit).​

Ideally, these rules would be added into section 5.3 of the New Life Rule, with the removal of the following:

"Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired."​

I believe this adjustment to the rules will allow players more freedom, allowing friends to meet up and trade to continue.

These extra freedoms will mean more roleplay opportunities are likely because:​

Players could now pass through main towns - the best trade routes.​

Players can meet up with their friends faster, and get out there into the world, not being limited from passing through certain areas.​
You say it will make more roleplay opportunities yet you contradict yourself when you say “the player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area”

in my own opinion this rule should stay as it is, it’s not that hard to drive around or fly around 

can’t you complete your objective in another major city ?

You say it will make more roleplay opportunities yet you contradict yourself when you say “the player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area”

in my own opinion this rule should stay as it is, it’s not that hard to drive around or fly around 

can’t you complete your objective in another major city ?
"In the area", meaning that they shouldn't roleplay in the area that they died. This doesn't apply to other areas.

Sometimes you die on accident at traders, such as advanced weapons, where there is no alternative. Additionally, sometimes its much much easier to pass through an area than go around.

"In the area", meaning that they shouldn't roleplay in the area that they died. This doesn't apply to other areas.

Sometimes you die on accident at traders, such as advanced weapons, where there is no alternative. Additionally, sometimes its much much easier to pass through an area than go around.
Go to rebel or wait out your 15 mins it’s not exactly a lifetime 

(6.1.5) You must not park or leave your vehicle inside of a green zone in order to sell illegal items such as drugs or guns.

i feel the above rule should also cover people selling legal stuff outside a zone but parking the vehicle inside of one 

Possibly add "or legal items where the selling point is outside of the green zone"
this is already covered in this rule (6.1.6) You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden.

Back