What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Restaurants Update

Ravenzzz

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary: Change how restaurants work from having a shop interface to actually having waiters/ cashiers that RP with customers.

Detailed Suggestion: As we all know, restaurants in the server provide nothing but food. No RP interactions whatsoever, no waiters, no cooks etc. Basically a restaurant owner can run a restaurant solo without having any employees, which in reality doesnt make sense and not really realistic. My suggestion would be changing the restaurants from having the same interface as a normal shop, to something like an inventory like a house or car storage, one where people can put in and take out things. 

Restaurants will then have the following :

• Fridge (Or something similar to a storage) : Used by the owner and employees of the shop to store food and ingredients.
  • Cashier storage : The counter where employees and customers and put in and take out stuff

So basically how it works is the customers order the food they want, put the money in the storage/ give it directly to the cashier/ send it with their phone, then the cashier will put the food in the cashier inventory for the customer to take. This way, restaurant owners would need to employ people to work there (Or work there themselves) to actually sell food, instead of ot being just a passive income without any RP interaction at all. Some shops could have waiters serving food to the customers who come there and sit on the chairs. The idea is basically based around the people who RP owning the Lucky Plucker Restaurant, having far more RP interactions by "fake" owning a restaurant, compared to all the other "real" restaurants. People might complain like what if there are no employees around to sell the food? Would people not "run out of food" especially late at night/ early in the morning? Well in my personal opinion, it depends on how the owners on the server run the restaurant. You can still get chocolate bars and smoothies from the shops around the city. To get the good food (eg English Breakfast), then you need to get it through restaurant RP and I think this is very much needed in the server. 

The Pros:

• Its  better to implement this idea because I see how on the server lots of people try to RP being a food seller/ vendor by owning a Taco Truck, going around selling food and drinks. But in the end they just give up because it is so hard to RP it without owning a legit restaurant. I see their dedication and hardwork, but then restaurant owners just passively earn money not even RP out to get it. 
  • More RP interactions and scenarios at restaurants. Examples would include restaurant robberies and feasts. 
  • Job opportunities like waiters, cooks and cashiers.

The Cons:

• Restaurant robberies might be a pain to deal with, but the risk is the same as all the other RP interaction based jobs (eg. Mechanic at Auto Exotics/ Tire Nutz).
  • The amount of people that want to RP as a cashier/waiter might not be that many, but I think we should at least try it out and see.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? I think it will, but in a good way 🙂 

Please comment your thoughts on this. I'd love to see more opinions, pros and cons, maybe a better suggestion ? 

I see your point with this suggestion but do you think that forcing them to be acting as waiters and actually manage the restaurant will actually make them use it the proper way?

At the moment people just go to the desk and buy the stuff they need, but if the owners of such restaurants wanted they could just  in fact just roleplay it out and be waiters and cashiers, yet don't remember many of them trying or putting alot of effort.

A great example is auto exotic, their shop didn't have anything besides the building when it started, it was the actual people who made it like such a hot spot if someone that owns a restaurant wants to they could do the same they just have to put that much effort into it from scratch and if that effort is shown they have anything they would like to change most likely they will get rewarded for such effort.

At the same time considering the amount of restaurants that exists there would have to be some serious changes in order for them to be either profitable or not lose any money at the end of the month. To give you a comparison Auto exotic and Tier Nutz get a decent amount of clients but not something huge now imagine the 30 or so restaurants that exist in the server right now, it just wouldn't be viable.

If i was to go about it i would say that restaurants need more of an incentive towards actually owning one but to be honest quite unsure what would be the right way to go about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 we been dreaming about having a fridge for a while, would help a lot of people with starting up resturants and hiring employees and letting them work when the owners aren't around.  Resturant robberys sound sick aswell. 

Appricate the love also ❤️

At the same time considering the amount of restaurants that exists there would have to be some serious changes in order for them to be either profitable or not lose any money at the end of the month. To give you a comparison Auto exotic and Tier Nutz get a decent amount of clients but not something huge now imagine the 30 or so restaurants that exist in the server right now, it just wouldn't be viable.
I totally understand your point. Your opinion is based around the business perspective, profit and loss. But that is the RP of owning a business. You start it, if it goes well and people love it, you get lots of customers and get profit, if people dont like it then you wont get customers and lose money instead.

My suggestion is based around the RP aspect, where you talk and interact with people. Lucky Plucker is such a great example for this, only some people supported them so they dont get that much profit from doing what they did. But to the ones who did visit them, they get to experience RP with a restaurant owner and it was fun, which is the whole point of an RP server. 

But I do understand where you are coming from, thats why I need your help to improve this suggestion because I really do feel it needs a change 🙂 

In Vanilla Unicorn I am trying to improve the RP experience, within the events that I plan. I am trying to do this with the staff team I have for the business. Which includes employees, security, bartenders and dancers! Instead of just going to the bar to purchase drinks, you can interact with the bartenders. Talking to bar staff to order your drinks & food and being able to tip for good service. I think the addition of a fridge & cashier storage  is an amazing idea, I did ask for a fridge in VU as it would be so helpful for staff. The addition of robberies is a fun idea too like with shop robberies, could be some fun RP situations dealing with it! Amazing suggestions Samantha ❤️ 

don't think devs forcing people to RP restaurants will change much, and i feel it'll probably have the opposite effect

if people really wanted to RP as waiters/cooks they can do that still pretty easily

if you feel that a business owner is inactive, perhaps contact CoC somewhere, that's what they're are there for in the end 😉

I think this is a great idea, maybe it could be that normal shops sell stuff like kitkats and talkers, but resteraunts could provide things like burgers and smoothies. people might think that the RP would be forced but currently the only RP that really happens is that you just stand around a coloured area of the map and shoot the shit, I think this could help advance the server in a good direction.

I mean tbf people did complain that there are no legal jobs that are worth doing or able to RP when trucking got nerfed. Then when the taxi update came, everyone latched on to it like their life depended on it. And from taxi jobs, more money comes from the NPC jobs rather than the player dispatches cause you might just get robbed. People request that there are NPC jewelry shops to sell their ores, some people want trucking jobs back the way it was etc because all people think is money money money,  not so much the RP.

I just think that by changing the restaurants, you can provide legal jobs to RP, instead of it just being a passive money farm. Instead of just clicking and dragging, you talk/RP out to get what you want, which is essentially the whole point of an RP server. 

I believe that current restaurant owners will not want to have employees and not want to RP waiters etc because there is no point. If you get money either way by just restocking without any RP, why bother being a waiter ? There is currently absolutely no reason for people to do restaurant RP. So in this suggestion, I’m trying to find a way with all of you guys help, to give a reason for people to do restaurant RP and reduce passive money farms that require little to no RP whatsoever. 

Some people may want this, others don’t agree. Either way it’s just a suggestion at the end of the day. Personally I think there would be more RP on the server if it’s implemented, but if people think that it’s a bad idea then please feel free to downvote. If you think otherwise, upvote and comment your thoughts on how to improve the suggestion 😁

+1

This would add to the selection of legal jobs that people can take on whilst maintaining a roleplay environment and encouraging the passive side of roleplay. It would help people get to know others across the city, possibly building strong relationships between a number of parties or people. I think the main problem with this suggestion is what would people do if they need goods and no employees are available? This could be resolved by making it so, as CodyLTD said, some shops work as they do now, but others such as the Burger Shot or Lucky Plucker only function if employees are in the city & available.

I guess if this change really doesn't work out after being implemented then it can be reverted.

I said something very much the same as this with implementing market stools and such, selling food, rather than having to just go up to an empty restraunt and grab the food yourself. 

You can still grab food from gas stations if you don't want to rp but I think restaurant rp needs to be a thing, since civs don't have much to do. 

So I agree!

+1

This would add to the selection of legal jobs that people can take on whilst maintaining a roleplay environment and encouraging the passive side of roleplay. It would help people get to know others across the city, possibly building strong relationships between a number of parties or people. I think the main problem with this suggestion is what would people do if they need goods and no employees are available? This could be resolved by making it so, as CodyLTD said, some shops work as they do now, but others such as the Burger Shot or Lucky Plucker only function if employees are in the city & available.

I guess if this change really doesn't work out after being implemented then it can be reverted.
Seeing your pfp also gave me the idea that gangs could use it as legal cover ups and such, maybe like a clubhouse that non gang members could hang out in so that they could join the gang without it being awkward people trying to get involved and having to just insert themself into a gangs area.

I think that forcing people to RP is the only way to actually enhance it on the server, as although there are some people who are really good at it, at the end of the day it is a public server, so a lot of people are just acting like its a grind for loot and then flex simulator. This ties into other suggestions, such as to make repair kits less useful to get people to go to actual mechanic's to RP so that their cars work. I think that all round stuff needs to be made harder/more indepth in a way that it is better/more convenient to RP than it is to do stuff on your own, that way people will actually do it, rather than have to go out of their way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back