What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove Map gang turf colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmav

There was already some debate about this in the past from what i have heard but it's pretty obvious why this should happen.

There is 4 points to why this should happen:

1--> Gangs that don't have the colored areas on the map but have an actual selling area are considered non gangs by new people which is kinda of annoying because you shouldn't see where gangs are located on a GPS.

2--> Doesn't make sense to have it marked on the map as criminal it shouldn't be showing where you are like literary spoiling where police can find your safe house and find you in the map.

3--> It also ends up helping in having reason to beef other gangs and stuff.

4--> New gangs that are trying to get established don't have to go through people bullshitting the fact that "they don't have a colored area on the map so they aren't a gang" argument

Lastly i would also like to point out that atleast in my opinion this suggestion is either all gangs get their areas marked on the map or none get them marked because otherwise it just doesn't make sense and the amount of baldys claiming the fact you don't have GPS color is annoying and not something that should be done in RP if you ask me atleast.

Pros:

- Makes sense RP wise to find out where gang turfs are instead of just having them handed out.

- Gives room for more interactions between gangs to claim turf areas.

- People will stop using the don't have colored area in the map excuse, and even little gangs can make a mark.

Cons:

- People will have to go around looking for turfs and some turfs might be affected by the fact that their area isn't marked on the map depending on the location's  ex: Aztecas (even though they don't have one right now).

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the fact this should be removed. Benefits basically no one. Let the whole turf stuff be natural and play out in real time.

Here is the one i made ages ago 

i agree, it would mean people would need to roleplay to find out where certain gangs hang around instead of just opening there map 

I would like to see gangs represented in another way then. Is it possible to have the gangs come up with an idea for how they get identified better because the server needs to have some gang representation and the colours do work for advertising that aspect of their RP. 

Even if its just a gang tweedle account that can direct players to them or something, something needs to be there to help the new potential criminals coming into the city. 

Completely agree with this. I was actually thinking about making a similar suggestion. 

IMO I think that the whole gang turf thing should be done within RP and not by looking at a coloured section on the map. The majority of the game is done by "Find out in RP" and it should be the same for the gangs and their turfs. If people want to know where a certain gang use to hideout, they should go around the city looking and asking within RP.

in my opinion this suggestion is either all gangs get their areas marked on the map or none get them marked
+1

+1, gang locations should be a find out in RP thing and this gives more opportunity for fighting over turf and new gangs establishing their own turf with less need for staff or dev help.

I feel the need to purchase stocks in a rubber manufacturer or a salt factory because the amount of dummy spitting that this will cause is insane.

That said I wholeheartedly agree. If the turfs are no longer on the map it's up to the gangs to cover their turf themselves. Selling areas be damned. Taxing from gangs will become quite interesting too. If anything it should liven up the interaction and make some of the gangs actually interact more. 

Gangs, you better start repping colours properly and watching your turfs and protecting them. 

Not trying to shamelessly raise an old thread from the dead but.......

This in its raw suggestion lends support to both points 2 and 4 above. It allows for smaller (not whitelisted) gangs to carve out a turf with a place to hang around and sell on and have interaction with others. you could have small fights breaking out among different groups away from the big "main" gangs and let things grow organically as groups fight to control a block or even just a corner in the city to claim for themselves. Unfortunately that suggestion never really got as much discussion and traction due to all the neg voters.

Figured its worth mentioning once again.

+1

Just cause I think it will add to the RP and further everyone's favourite quote of "Find out in RP". New players seeing the coloured area on the map can sometimes just be a target for them. If the group RP's accordingly then the people who need to find them will know where to find them by doing so organically not by just looking at a map.

I'm behind this 100%, just doesnt make sense rp wise why it would be displayed on the map. Would also increase the interest of spray signs on building & such

+1 I agree with these points, it will bring a lot more roleplay. It makes sense to not have a gang highlighted on a GPS, you should find out in RP what the different gangs are rather than people looking at their GPS and swing the gang areas and going to them. 

With what you said @Bmavabout,  “the amount of baldys claiming the fact you don't have GPS color is annoying and not something that should bedone in RP if you ask me atleast.” 
- Grove hasn’t got a colour and there’s plenty of peoplE who come on turf and ask if we’re a gang and why we haven’t got a colour on the map. This is very annoying tbh.

These sort of questions should be asking “in RP” a gang is a gang, a coloured area shouldn’t define weather you’re a gang or not and these kinds of questions shouldn’t be discussed within RP, that’s why it’s annoying cuz it’s not something I can or want to answer but I have to talk about it cuz it’s asked to me in RP.

I’m sure other non-turf gangs may get some similar interactions like this aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back