What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Reduce Gang Caps from 25-20

Chino Dex

There has been a chronic conditions in the server for the past 18 months regarding gang '' number mentality '' , this has mainly stemmed from wars but i believe it has also plagued certain roleplay scenarios.  I believe it has gotten to a point where groups do not come into the city unless they are safe with numbers, i am pretty sure people agree that this mentality is plagued amongst us. I would be lying if i said i have not been one of those in the past pushing the ' numbers 20+ ' meta. However i feel like its time to hear peoples opinions once again , there's definitely a majority towards agreeing with this but there is a slight struggle to how this can be implemented. Another culling ? i think so 

Pros

- Gang warfare would slightly be scaled down 

- Gangs would have to choose their members more wisely regarding roleplay quality, trust and value they bring to the city

- people would spread out to further gangs, there's a lot of groups either wanting to be whitelisted or struggling to run with lack of members 

Being in this city 2-3 years ago there was such few groups was very much evident ( maybe arguable due to 35 members )

Cons 

- Possible more active gangs ( not sure what management feel about this but i don't think criminals would disagree as more roleplay avenues with groups as right now it feels like a very uneven playfield )

- People may have to be kicked out or asked to leave ( these people may not then have the motivation to seek another group or pursue another avenue as a crime) but we have already witnessed a culling of gangs of 10 people being forced to leave. 

I love you Dex pal but I think only people think this when there gang doesn't pull numbers because it suits them .
For example who will a gang like Aztecas kick for no reason in RP .
I only think the "meta" at the moment is numbers because people care more about the win and are to scared to take a L in RP .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to lie pal but currently on the server the whitelisted gangs have gone down as the server has lost triads and 229, making it so gang cap is only 20 would make it so many people can no longer experience the cold roleplay of being in a whitelisted gang, yes there is chances for other gangs to become whitelisted eventually but lets be real that will be a while some people want to experience the life of being in a whitelisted gang sooner rather then later

with that being said im Bryn and have a good night x

-1, don't see how lowering f6 limits would increase roleplay, and as you've said in your own post, gangs cull naturally which makes people spread out anyways.

I personally think 25 is a perfect amount for a gang cap and doesn't need to be adjusted. 

- Gang warfare would slightly be scaled down 
currently I'd say there's; Aztecas,Hustlers,Marabunta,Grove,Vagos,Ballas, Cutlass, Triads which adds up to 8 gangs (I may have missed a few) which is roughly 40 people who are wanting to pursue gang RP getting removed from their groups. This would mean they'd probably create new groups to fill the void which would be more gangs and naturally that would mean more conflict whether that be territorial disputes robbing or in general disrespect I believe it'd increase it.

- Gangs would have to choose their members more wisely regarding roleplay quality, trust and value they bring to the city
I feel like this should be done regardless of the gang cap, each member should be fit to uphold WL standards and contribute positively to the server.

- people would spread out to further gangs, there's a lot of groups either wanting to be whitelisted or struggling to run with lack of members 
Same goes as what I mentioned above with further groups. But I'd like to add new groups are new life on the server and it's always good to see the RP storylines develop whether it be good or bad.

Surely reducing from 25 down to 20 would still have the issues of who could pull the most in a fight? I don't see how it would tackle the numbers meta as all it takes is one group to turn up full 20 and the other to turn up 10 deep.

I wonder how many gangs right now actually now have more than 20 members, cant be many surely?

-1 would change nothing and a fifth of the gang would need to be kicked / removed with no RP reason whatsoever.

Going from 25 to 20 will do nothing, all it will do is make gangs cull their less active members and not change how people fight. I think a better approach to the issue of numbers meta would be to solve the issue that people have where they value their items too much. Money accumulation on the server is a major time sink and to get guns you need money, people value their time and don't want to waste it and will do everything to make sure it hasn't been, numbers meta is just a result of that.

I see this and think of good things and bad.

Does this "help" in terms of number meta? probably not, It would probably make it worse icl, the fewer people you have overall in an F6 

For example "gangs that are 25 capped"

If they have 25 people and have 15 reactions, they will most likely still log on and fight

If you reduce it to 20, and people see 10 reactions, they see a number they wouldn't be comfortable with and probably would make the meta even worse. As you have fewer overall numbers even being that the difference is 10 people

I think going from 25 to 15 is a good number ( this was the number I even gave to recon9 a couple of years ago when he asked all the gang leaders when we had the 35 gang cap, personally I feel like gangs/groups treat people like numbers and if it was 15, it would feel less like that, it's more than enough people to do the typical gang rp,  (tho I will say as a person who has around that number on an F6, it is very dead, very very dead)

But even then with 15, you create a potential of like 10 people from certain groups leaving or being kicked without any valid RP or just making their own or migrating elsewhere

It is a tough thing to think about or even talk about, You would see more gangs but it would just be gangs made up of people having to leave others, etc (Would it / could it produce a more frag minded mentality )) For example only taking the good shooters/fighters 

Too tired writing this atm, will edit it tomorrow to try and make it look sense & add more to it 

For me this ain't it chief, Decreasing from 25-20 is pointless in my opinion. Just think its unnecessary, kick 5 people from each gang you could make 2 new gangs with max members, probably make it worse 😂😂.  Would be interesting, i just don't see the point 

I rather have more gangs with 15 members than a handfull of gangs with 25.

Back