What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Problem: HDD/RAM/GPU

Booker Dewitt

Community Veteran
For over a month I havent been able to play any other game than CSGO without getting massive lag, lagspikes, programs crashing, and ending up with a black screen. Tried wiping everything, all harddisks etc, still got the problem. Task manager shows high % on memory and harddrive when running ie. arma 3. I suspect it might be my Harddrive, ram or gpu, please help.

You say task manager shows high % on memory/hard drive - if you click the down arrow at the bottom it'll show you more details; from this you will be able to see which apps are causing the high usage. Also, if you right click on Arma 3 and click 'go to details', then right click on arma again and click on 'change priority' (or something along the lines of that) and set it to high, you should also get a slight performance increase. Usually when I get high usage it is because of 'system and compressed memory', which sadly I can not force shut down as it is a windows 10 thing, so you might be having the same issue.

No, its not like that, not at all. Nothing i can do programwise can help, even putting graphics etc on low.

No, its not like that, not at all. Nothing i can do programwise can help, even putting graphics etc on low.
Sounds like somethings just broken then if everything was fine earlier, or possibly driver issues although I assume you've already tried to fix that. Would you happen to have a spare PC where you could experiment with your current parts to find out which item is causing the issues?

Sounds like somethings just broken then if everything was fine earlier, or possibly driver issues although I assume you've already tried to fix that. Would you happen to have a spare PC where you could experiment with your current parts to find out which item is causing the issues?
no

Back