What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

POLICE HOSTAGES

Maratek

Grand Inquisitor
PUBLIC NOTICE

Please Take notice that Due to increased Rebel and Gang Activity Police Funds are Dwindling dangerously know, To save the State of Losing the police force.​
At this Time The Police Force will no Longer be Paying Ransoms for Hostages British Policy is that we do not Negotiate with Terrorists,​
If a Police Officer is taken his Service will be missed and it shall be up to Friends Family or Colleagues to Raise the Money asked for.​
Negotiations will still continue from the Police but there will be no Assets offered unless Friends and family Pool any money for Ransoms,​
Hopefully we can negotiate again with the Government, to increase Funding Stay tuned for Any Info.​
 ​
Regards 

Commander Maratek

Great adaptation, will make the rebels less obliged to take us if they no they won't be getting money :)

Lol this will just motivate rebels to be more cruel and merciless and much more agressive

Lol this will just motivate rebels to be more cruel and merciless and much more agressive
Can they get any more aggressive than they already are?! I know I shouldn't paint all with the same brush but baiting and treasuries with no RP are becoming more and more common, it really can't get much worse.

What if we just do away with rebels altogether and just have some npcs? Much more compliant. You could even script them to "assume the position" when you need to make an arrest!
Not a bad idea to be honest, maybe the NPC's won't try and take me hostage or rob me while I'm trying to conduct assessments or tests for the Academy.

In all seriousness though, RP is supposed to be believable and realistic, at what point do people think that the British Government would just sit by and let all these kidnappings and treasury robberies happen without deploying the Army to remove the troublesome gangs? For the sake of the server (because this is the most important thing), stop and think about how your RP effects those around you. Every time a hostage is taken the resources to try and negotiate, rescue or otherwise, are taken away from everybody else. How many times have you tried to have some RP with a member of the Police force just for them to say "sorry, need to go, something important is happening"? - think about it for a moment, I'm willing to wager it happens a lot.

:) (ignore the emoticon and everything above this)

I agree with this in a way, but cops will still be kidnapped because people will still kidnap cops that they don't like.

Eventually, it will come to a point where either:

A. No cops will be kidnapped

B. Same amount of cops will be kidnapped, but the hostages just end up getting executed

C. Less cops end up taken hostage and all hostages end up dead.

D. Rebels think, I feel like killing some cops today as kidnapping them has no economical benefit anymore, both sides get annoyed and will end in something we don't like

My solution: Have a rebel/police meeting, allow both sides to explain their opinions on the subject. Give gang leaders the ability to talk to police command/ community representive and come to a conclusion that will be 'okay' for both sides. However since this will just be forgotten in about two weeks time, just have a 2 weekly meeting with police and rebels to keep the 'newer' gangs involved in this aswell.

Anyone Wishing to Discuss anything to do with the Police can Do so Via PM or TS, all it takes is a Message.

It's funny how before this was implemented I attended hostage ops 5 times a day (by gangs who "just wanted RP") and now i've not attended any, only shit tons of bank ops. You can still take us hostage for RP, honest. 

Just easy money for you all :)

Can we still kidnap an police officer for a prison bus full of aviator glasses?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a discussion. Simply put, the police are funded with £4million each month for negotiating tactics. This is money from the government that has recently been dedicated to the rebuilding of parts of the island (See the post for details).

Due to unknown reasons, the police force took it upon themselves to try and pay for those kidnapped. Civilian and Officer.

The police no longer can afford to do this, and people will be turning to the island rich list for support with finances for these situations.
It may become possible we will try to make arrangements with the islands rich-list in order to pay for hostages, until then, we'll be looking into alternate methods of negotiation.

We believe this may reduce the kidnapping of officers as there will no longer be a payout at the end of the day. We look after our officers, however money doesn't grow on trees.

Neo.

This is not a discussion. Simply put, the police are funded with £4million each month for negotiating tactics. This is money from the government that has recently been dedicated to the rebuilding of parts of the island (See the post for details).

Due to unknown reasons, the police force took it upon themselves to try and pay for those kidnapped. Civilian and Officer.

The police no longer can afford to do this, and people will be turning to the island rich list for support with finances for these situations.
It may become possible we will try to make arrangements with the islands rich-list in order to pay for hostages, until then, we'll be looking into alternate methods of negotiation.

We believe this may reduce the kidnapping of officers as there will no longer be a payout at the end of the day. We look after our officers, however money doesn't grow on trees.

Neo.
Thanks for clearing it up Neo.

It's funny how before this was implemented I attended hostage ops 5 times a day (by gangs who "just wanted RP") and now i've not attended any, only shit tons of bank ops. You can still take us hostage for RP, honest. 

Just easy money for you all
You just wait till I'm back on Altis! I will take Dave Miller's police SUV and then take you hostage!

So this gives rebels the change to get a hostage in trade for a fire fight?

So I rely on friends and family if I get taken hostage?

My friends and family will be the hostage taker to kill me ;_;

Swear to god I think the police sometimes forget how much our gear costs so any method we can use to make money we do it. It's not like we can just relog and go back on patrol. Everyday it becomes increasingly more difficult for us so then we have to resort to taking hostages or robbing the treasury, not because we want to it's because without it we won't exist as rebel gangs.

Back