What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Pistol only Tanoa

Pistols at dawn?

• Yes

Votes: 52 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 164 51.3%
  • Yes - but SMGS for the police

Votes: 67 20.9%
  • Yes - But SMGS for the police if it doesn't work out

Votes: 37 11.6%

• Total voters

Banana Duck

I know some of you will gasp at this, but I really think Assault rifles ruin Altis, they are far to easy to get and people attach to them like sinking gold.

Civs

- It will improve RP, less people worrying about losing their weapons, less people not wanting to take a few cops down with them. I happy surrender if I knew all i'd lose was a cheap pistol, hence improved RP and a less "typical" situation.

- More fair combat, no more "OMG rubbers are OP" or "you have 7.62 Bruv!"

- No more "its a BB gun" lets be fair, thats crap RP.

- No more "We have a sniper on the hill" in turn people will RP as a group, I know people like their "Snipez skillz" but this is a RP server. 

- Brandishing a Pistol in public could lead to interesting RP (ticket, confiscation or removal) 

- House robberies would be less common, but still an occurrence, people no over valuing weapons.

- No more bragging "lol I quikscopd him frm 1000m m8" frankly I'd throw a rabid cat at anyone I heard say that, this is an RP server not a Mil sim.

Cops 

- cops with pistols would help against weapon farming.

- If it gave police a headache or too much of an uphill climb, introduce SMGS, BUT ONLY SMGS, making them SUPER RARE to get.

- With the said above, an armed response unit could be established for really intense situations.

---------------------------------

Honestly, I really think that Assault rifles has no place in a RP server, post your opinion, ideas and such, I will add any that get alot of likes in favour of Pistols only.

Please vote and comment, don't get too salty xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I envision the pure high quality RolePlay an AR unit descending on a mass of people (hobos) with pistols would bring. 

I also think Tanoa should be a pistol only map. Would be better for just RP, we can keep Altis for the shooty shooty.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Removal of rubber bullet gun and introduce the old taser which we could fire faster/a lock-on taser so trolls dont run left-right to avoid being tased.

I hit a 500m headshot on @Daanishonce with my trusty rook so yes please!

I hate going on knowing I'm going to die from 1km away in a situation so a good idea this is!

I hit a 500m headshot on @Daanishonce with my trusty rook so yes please!

I hate going on knowing I'm going to die from 1km away in a situation so a good idea this is!
See now that's something that you can brag about! a more memorable moment than....ohh 800m with a mk18....how different! 

-What about the Vermin .45 

-or a 5.56 gun but not higher

I get where you're coming from @Banana Duckbut the problem is with Adding and removing features it would really Disappoint some or allot of members of this community I like your idea myself but Since this server has these big guns you can't just remove them allot of people will leave or complain ( It is just like the Scrapyard thing )

Not saying it is a bad idea but it would disappoint some members not me.

-What about the Vermin .45 

-or a 5.56 gun but not higher

I get where you're coming from @Banana Duckbut the problem is with Adding and removing features it would really Disappoint some or allot of members of this community I like your idea myself but Since this server has these big guns you can't just remove them allot of people will leave or complain ( It is just like the Scrapyard thing )

Not saying it is a bad idea but it would disappoint some members not me.
Well Im assuming this Tanoa would be a fresh wiped server.

Personally I say no, Keep it pistols only, If people are disappointed that they can't shoot someone one from 1000m away they need to find a wasteland server, I think being able to get SMGS off cops would be enough, however this could lead to farming again.

I say pistols at dawn...let's be gentlemen about it.

Sorry to put a downer on things but here goes!

An option for a more powerful weapon for the police is just going to get the entire Police force voting for it and most of them will not think the good of the server or balancing in there mind!

I do agree with Pistols only... but it is a massive shame to say it wont work :(, What we can do is make weapons silly expensive! but this is all to be decided lets see how the vote goes but I fear the Police will just vote that 1 option, and on the other hand all the gangs will just vote no without thinking of the good roleplay that might come of it :)

An option for a more powerful weapon for the police is just going to get the entire Police force voting for it and most of them will not think the good of the server or balancing in there mind!

I do agree with Pistols only... but it is a massive shame to say it wont work :(, What we can do is make weapons silly expensive! but this is all to be decided lets see how the vote goes but I fear the Police will just vote that 1 option, and on the other hand all the gangs will just vote no without thinking of the good roleplay that might come of it :)
I am going to be straight up i voted for the option : yes, but police should have smgs 

I voted yes, Though I do believe SMG's would be better for the police on a armed standpoint (i.e police are always better equipped than civs), in terms of RP it's a load of rubbish. Pistols for all. 

I don't want Tanoa to turn into Altis in regards to gun crime, it's horrid. Lets get Tanoa to be an almost fully RP experience. 

I recon both parties should if so, a SMG, just that it should only be taken when needed (not on regular patrol), and should be hard to get.

Thats perfect, just make it pistols only. It will improve the RP. And even the gunfights will be fun. imagine 2 gangs having a gunfight with zubr and rooks.

And i think cops should only use pistols aswell for the beginning just to see how it goes.

If anything you could make smgs for police only for an armed response unit just like it is in England 

I love this idea, I also voted for the Police to have SMG's as I think people would actually fear the Police and so make breaking the law harder to do.   It means bigger risks if you break the law which is great as it will add excitement to those who partake in it. 

why buy them? make it like a 5 step process to obtain them instead... Which involves money spending, passible deaths and what not
Problem is if something is expensive or hard to get people won't risk losing it and so will take an easy option such as attack unarmed Civs, much like the main server now.  

- Removal of rubber bullet gun and introduce the old taser which we could fire faster/a lock-on taser so trolls dont run left-right to avoid being tased.
Are you serious? That just gives police another unfair advantage! An aimbot!

The poll should have just been yes or no, right now it LOOKS like no is in the lead, but it isn't.  The yes votes are just split into three.

Back