What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Piss-poor RP (drama-magnetic topic)

Denis Peeeeeeeeeeee

So I'm pretty close to giving up Altis Life completely. No, it's not the mod itself. The concept of the mod is fun, and it has potential, but it's some of the community that are really getting to me. I'll say that Altis Life is like an airliner service. You have a choice between down-right terrible, or even worse.

The server demographic that has really been bothering me lately are the terrorists, or rebels/freedom fighters if we need to use "safe words", even thouh in the eyes of the government the rebels are terrorists, as the word is defined as using violence against government and civilians to achieve a certain goal. So I'll call them terrorists.

This week in particular has been most fun. I usually RP as a hobo. Well, really a man disguised as a hobo putting himself in hobo-situations and using his hobo-disguise to hide his true identity as a conspiracy theorist that can fit a 9mm Rook in his underpants because of the relatively small size of his penis due to the government having performed experiments on it before. Or at least that's what he thinks.

Having played a few hours every day over the last week, I have had the fortune of dying, on average, twice a day. So you can see why I keep my purchases down. It's because I expect to die before I can get anything done and in a situation that which will be completely out of my control, and so I couldn't afford to buy full gear every time either because every time I try to make money, I get robbed/killed despite doing my best to roleplay.

For example, today I had a situation, where I was trying to make some money. Having worked hard all day, I arrvied at the church for "service" late in the evening, and to hang out and chill with the pastor, when I heard footsteps outside. Naturally I was wondering who it might be, and so I went outside, and what do I see? A terrorist in full Jihadi uniform, telling me to put my hands up. This is where we distinguish between rebel and terrorist. If he were a rebel, he'd fight for the people, but because he targets poor folks like me, he's a terrorist. I tried to explain that I was going in for service, and he decided to rob me off of my church donation money, which I had saved up to help the pastor spread the good news in the poorer part of Altis, namely Pyrgos.

After taking my 115£, he ran off, but not before I could catch up to him. That is when I asked what was behind him, and BAM! I knocked him right in the face with the gun in my undies, leaving him on the floor, and restraining him. However, his friend came up to me, telling me to surrender, and so I did, for his cannon was bigger than mine. He asked me to surrender, and I did, having me unrestrain his buddy.

His buddy told me that he wanted to give me a warning. Now when I asked what it may be, he SHOT ME IN THE HEAD! Telling my dying self to not attack gangs. Which is kind of stupid unless he believes in some kind of new life.

So, ALUK, my question to you is: Is this what the standard of RP is nowadays? Do hostages get shot for complying? Do rebels attack civilians? Who are the rebels fighting? Shouldn't they fight the government, and not the civilians?

Honestly, I'm just really pissed about the standard of RP I see here nowadays. I won't say the majority act like this, but when a minority is loud enough and the bad keeps outweighing the good, I lose faith in the mod.

End rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this what the standard of RP is nowadays? Do hostages get shot for complying? Do rebels attack civilians? Who are the rebels fighting? Shouldn't they fight the government, and not the civilians?

1. no. It shouldn't be the standard of RP, just the minority who think it's acceptable.
  2. they shouldn't. This is considered fail rp/ poor roleplay, as the only end to the situation was an execution.
  3. the rebels fight anyone. Mainly the police, however they also fight other gangs/civilians. They used to mainly fight other gangs, however this has changed to be more police vs rebel in recent months as I've seen an increase in fights with us and not with eachother. (the reasons for this statement is because I am not coming across any on-going firefights between rebels at the moment.)
  4. The government (police) have enough firefights. I currently cannot go out on a simple foot patrol without getting killed/getting threatened/baited or trolled for 5 minuets.

Hello mate , i would like to inform you that there is no golden life rule. This means you can get shot for any reason within RP, yes you can still get shot for complying. In the end its the choice of the person with the gun if you die or not.

Regarding you dying about twice a day , why don't you do less high risk runs. By church i presume you mean a drug dealer. This is one of the main places you are going to get robbed , due to the sheer amount of money you can make from robbing people there. Don't forgot that you are not the only person that dies a lot, many people do. Some people would even say only twice a day is actually not much at all.

Regarding the whole do rebels attack civilians. Clearly they do , if there doing a run and the rebels can make money , the rebel will rob the civilian to make money. Also the rebels are fighting with the cops all the time , as a cop i can say i get in multiple big shoot ups with people every day.

If you are looking for some great RP. Look around for some groups such as the Marmite Miners , they are near enough sheer good to amazing RP.

That's a dick move, though. 0.0
Agreed , but in the end , if they wanna kill you , they can kill you . They just need to RP it like LOV does with " im going to sacrifice you too the lord Odin" anything like that. Then its seen as pretty good RP , instead of one tapping them in the head.

When i hear about the same poor RP drama thats been around every few weeks / months.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

meftV0q.gif

Agreed , but in the end , if they wanna kill you , they can kill you . They just need to RP it like LOV does with " im going to sacrifice you too the lord Odin" anything like that. Then its seen as pretty good RP , instead of one tapping them in the head.
But in this situation, I was killed as a warning for future situations. That's borderline breaking the fourth wall. And quoting fucked up, so welp.

Just remember its not the community , its a few people in the community that has piss poor RP. Don't forget you can talk to them on TS regarding what you felt was fail RP. And in a worst case scenario you can report the player , but you should only ever do this after trying to talk to them before hand

No..killing someone at all for the sake of killing is terrible RP if there is no reason to do so. Especially if someone is compliant killing them is just poor RP and complete disregard to the victims experience in the game.

If we all went by the idea that "if they wanna kill you, they can kill you." then RP might as well be non existent. That being said, there are times when executions create a good level of roleplay but this is only in certain situations.

Also, for fully geared 'rebels' to go after unarmed civilians just shows weakness and no will to RP. Too many people feel that killing cops is more of an achievement than having a quality roleplay session with them. Too many cops think that scrapping vehicles is some form of trophy and this limits their RP. In general, too many people aren't paying enough attention to RP.

From what I have read I can say that I back Denis.

No..killing someone at all for the sake of killing is terrible RP if there is no reason to do so. Especially if someone is compliant killing them is just poor RP and complete disregard to the victims experience in the game.

If we all went by the idea that "if they wanna kill you, they can kill you." then RP might as well be non existent. That being said, there are times when executions create a good level of roleplay but this is only in certain situations.

Also, for fully geared 'rebels' to go after unarmed civilians just shows weakness and no will to RP. Too many people feel that killing cops is more of an achievement than having a quality roleplay session with them. Too many cops think that scrapping vehicles is some form of trophy and this limits their RP. In general, too many people aren't paying enough attention to RP.

From what I have read I can say that I back Denis.
1. There is no rules against executing people.

2. Yes it is not great RP , but still there is nothing telling you can not do it / shouldn't do it.

3. As a cop , i speak from everyone. We dont think that "scraping vehicles is some form of trophy" , we normally choose not to scrap stuff. Its not like we gain anything from doing it apart from some mild XP which over time makes it a little faster. Like who the hell cares that your scrapping a car or not. It all depends on the RP. Scrapping a car is suppose to big a deterrent from doing an illegal activity in it. This is why you dont really see people do weed runs in Hurons , as they know it will probably get scrapped due to drug trafficking.

Situation:

- There's a hobo VDMing on a quad bike , this is where you would probably scrap a quad bike  , to stop them from doing it.

4. Yes its a bit shitty that a fully geared rebel is going to rob a civilian , but in the end gear cost money and most rebels will make money , any way possible.

5. Its only a few people who care very little about the RP. I would not say its too many people at all as i know many people who pour there heart out into putting out some amazing RP for everyone to enjoy.

1. There is no rules against executing people.

2. Yes it is not great RP , but still there is nothing telling you can not do it / shouldn't do it.

3. As a cop , i speak from everyone. We dont think that "scraping vehicles is some form of trophy" , we normally choose not to scrap stuff. Its not like we gain anything from doing it apart from some mild XP which over time makes it a little faster. Like who the hell cares that your scrapping a car or not. It all depends on the RP. Scrapping a car is suppose to big a deterrent from doing an illegal activity in it. This is why you dont really see people do weed runs in Hurons , as they know it will probably get scrapped due to drug trafficking.

Situation:

- There's a hobo VDMing on a quad bike , this is where you would probably scrap a quad bike  , to stop them from doing it.

4. Yes its a bit shitty that a fully geared rebel is going to rob a civilian , but in the end gear cost money and most rebels will make money , any way possible.

5. Its only a few people who care very little about the RP. I would not say its too many people at all as i know many people who pour there heart out into putting out some amazing RP for everyone to enjoy.
1. This wasn't my point. There are no rules against bad RP but that doesnt mean it should be common within gangs.

2. Again, not my point. The rules are there to state the obvious but some things come down to common sense. For example, camping a spawn point in many games isnt against the rules but it's still a shitty thing to do.

3. Yeah okay.

4. Roleplay > Money

5. Agreed. 

One day one of these posts are going to have to be taken seriously and stop ignoring the problem we have instead of taking the piss...

Person from the Church here.

I felt really bad for actually proceeding the robbery because your roleplay was indeed top notch but you were the only person that came there for the time that I and my friend waited (we got tired as hell) so I pretty much had to in my mind. Anywho, as you complied I was as nice as I could have been to you and I eventually went my way. However, you decided to violently attack a person, which just had a gun pointed at your head for 100 or so pounds, and zip him up. Good idea? Doubt it. Of course, my friend comes running, you unziptie me and in every situation I could imagine, I'm furious. A person that I could've killed earlier because I enjoy executing people or something just violently attacks me. So you comply yet again but what do we do with you? My 'warning' was ironical. Me robbing you should has been enough of a warning not to deal with me anymore. Eventually I just shoot you down so I'm now completely certain you're not attacking me or anybody else anymore and I move on with my life.

Since we're trying to roleplay life here, please explain how it was a bad decision from my side to shoot you. After you get mugged in the streets IRL from a pistol/rifle, do you go running after the guy, knocking him out and tying him up then expecting him not to react at all after he gets unrestrained?

Nothing against you but I can't see how I was in the wrong there.

P.S. If you want to discuss the matter even more, we could move in to PMs not to spam around the forum.

So let me get this straight. You are complaining that you got killed after knocking out and zip tying a guy that seconds earlier had you at gun point robbing you ? Is this a joke ? Now don't get me wrong, I can definitely understand your frustration if you're being killed and robbed frequently, but I just don't understand why it is you chose this exact scenario to complain about. A scenario where YOU are in the wrong completely.

That being said, I actually did argue with my friend after he shot you as I didn't feel as if he did the "right" thing so to say. Now for the part where you said my friend and I had shit RP -> I do agree with the fact that we might not have a high quality RP yet but the reason for that is that we started playing the game very recently. Still, I feel as if we did a pretty good job nonetheless and I believe you are simply frustrated that it was you we robbed/killed.

Truth is we tried all kinds of different ways to make money and we just got tired of farming stuff just so that the server would crash on us mid-way. I think you can imagine that making a compensation request is not nearly as enjoyable as finishing the job on our own. We saw that a few people were having real success in robbing others so we decided we'd give it a try.

I am sorry you think this was "piss-poor" RP, but I can tell you that we'll get better at it with time. Could you sincerely say that you were a very good role-player in the first hours you've played the game ? Even if you would say it, I'd find it hard to believe.

Cheers

Is this what the standard of RP is nowadays? Do hostages get shot for complying? Do rebels attack civilians? Who are the rebels fighting? Shouldn't they fight the government, and not the civilians?

1. no. It shouldn't be the standard of RP, just the minority who think it's acceptable.
  2. they shouldn't. This is considered fail rp/ poor roleplay, as the only end to the situation was an execution.
  3. the rebels fight anyone. Mainly the police, however they also fight other gangs/civilians. They used to mainly fight other gangs, however this has changed to be more police vs rebel in recent months as I've seen an increase in fights with us and not with eachother. (the reasons for this statement is because I am not coming across any on-going firefights between rebels at the moment.)
  4. The government (police) have enough firefights. I currently cannot go out on a simple foot patrol without getting killed/getting threatened/baited or trolled for 5 minuets.
Because there's no challenge anymore on the server tbh. And police always comes to pick up the leftovers 

Well, they killed me as advice for future encounters. Fail RP, wouldn't it be?

On 10.1.2016 at 7:50 PM, Mitch. said:

When i hear about the same poor RP drama thats been around every few weeks / months.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This makes me sad.

Person from the Church here.

I felt really bad for actually proceeding the robbery because your roleplay was indeed top notch but you were the only person that came there for the time that I and my friend waited (we got tired as hell) so I pretty much had to in my mind. Anywho, as you complied I was as nice as I could have been to you and I eventually went my way. However, you decided to violently attack a person, which just had a gun pointed at your head for 100 or so pounds, and zip him up. Good idea? Doubt it. Of course, my friend comes running, you unziptie me and in every situation I could imagine, I'm furious. A person that I could've killed earlier because I enjoy executing people or something just violently attacks me. So you comply yet again but what do we do with you? My 'warning' was ironical. Me robbing you should has been enough of a warning not to deal with me anymore. Eventually I just shoot you down so I'm now completely certain you're not attacking me or anybody else anymore and I move on with my life.

Since we're trying to roleplay life here, please explain how it was a bad decision from my side to shoot you. After you get mugged in the streets IRL from a pistol/rifle, do you go running after the guy, knocking him out and tying him up then expecting him not to react at all after he gets unrestrained?

Nothing against you but I can't see how I was in the wrong there.

P.S. If you want to discuss the matter even more, we could move in to PMs not to spam around the forum.
Hello Pastor.

I hope you can understand that you can see why I was furious too, having put in a lot of work, coming in close contact with police and barely escaping with my life only to be greeted with a gun in my face. I was stupid to assume you were alone, and wanted to get revenge by ziptying you and bringing you in to the police (ironic that a drug dealer would do this, but oh well).

I'm not pissed about you robbing me. While I think it's a dick move to camp the area waiting for people to show up, it's within your right to roleplay as knowing about a potential drug deal happening there. What really got to me was you executing a complying player. If you intend to shoot people you rob wether they comply or not, players might as well refuse to comply and just say "I hate my life. If you're going to kill me, please just get it done with.", respawn, and go do something else. This ruins roleplay, wouldn't you agree?

While your warning was "ironical", it was on the edge of breaking the fourth wall. I understand that you were furious over getting almost out-smarted by what looked to be a hobo, and I would've accepted a warning like for example shooting me in the legs and making me crawl away, ziptying me and leaving me there, or something else, but shooting someone as a warning when they comply is awful.

I don't point to you specifically, and I agree that there's a minority having horrible RP, but when you face that minority in almost every in-game situation, that is bound to take it's toll on someone just wanting to have a good time roleplaying.

So let me get this straight. You are complaining that you got killed after knocking out and zip tying a guy that seconds earlier had you at gun point robbing you ? Is this a joke ? Now don't get me wrong, I can definitely understand your frustration if you're being killed and robbed frequently, but I just don't understand why it is you chose this exact scenario to complain about. A scenario where YOU are in the wrong completely.

That being said, I actually did argue with my friend after he shot you as I didn't feel as if he did the "right" thing so to say. Now for the part where you said my friend and I had shit RP -> I do agree with the fact that we might not have a high quality RP yet but the reason for that is that we started playing the game very recently. Still, I feel as if we did a pretty good job nonetheless and I believe you are simply frustrated that it was you we robbed/killed.

Truth is we tried all kinds of different ways to make money and we just got tired of farming stuff just so that the server would crash on us mid-way. I think you can imagine that making a compensation request is not nearly as enjoyable as finishing the job on our own. We saw that a few people were having real success in robbing others so we decided we'd give it a try.

I am sorry you think this was "piss-poor" RP, but I can tell you that we'll get better at it with time. Could you sincerely say that you were a very good role-player in the first hours you've played the game ? Even if you would say it, I'd find it hard to believe.

Cheers
I am complaining about a terrorist shooting a complying player with his hands over his head as a "warning", and facing bad RP experiences on a daily. I hope I've cleared up your confusion.

As for RP, practice makes perfect. I've been on RP servers for quite a long time, and my first RP situation on a different server was using a stolen police car to VDM a group of police officers prosecuting someone I had met merely a few minutes ago. So I can understand that you're trying new things while getting into the roleplaying community.

As I told your friend, it's not aimed at you specifically, but rather, it's a rant about facing more bad RP-experiences than I'd like. You and your friend's interaction with me is one of the most recent examples.

I'm looking forward to seeing you improve. Maybe we'll RP again.

@Denis Peeeeeeeeeeee,

Sorry to hear you've had such bad experiences mate, unfortunately to be realistic, finding good RP on the server is a real gamble, its very hit and miss.

You can walk down the street and end up having a great RP session, or you get a random guy with probably £10 million in his bank, but he robs you with the words "Drop your vest or you die" because he's too fucking lazy to go get a new vest or live without one for an hour.

One thing I really want to speak about is the whole Rebel / Terrorist deal.

Now.. I personally feel that the term Rebel nor Terrorist is actually accurate for the groups and people on the server. I personally feel that the term Gang is the most appropriate. I don't think I've seen any group other than the UNMC truly act like a Rebel group. (who will hopefully be back soon, so stick around for them at least then they arrive again, because their RP standards are going to be quite high). Most of the groups on the server are usually Drug Cartels, or Gangs that have little or no interest in Civilian matters, but only their own survival and strength.

I'm not going to sugar coat things, I'm a realist, I like to see and talk about things how they really are... There will always be bad or poor encounters on the server, and unless the server becomes completely white listed for even rebels, I doubt this will ever change. There are some people who actually have little interest in stories, and role-play and have a mindset more interested in only "winning" and dominating other players. The thrill of simply robbing / dominating / beating other players is all they seek. However, despite all this.. there are a lot of good people out there, and some absolutely outstanding ones as well who have a massive interest in role-play, and some have some epic stories and long running RP backgrounds that they use.

I don't think its a good idea to expect every RP encounter to go well. With those kind of standards, you will not enjoy yourself when things go bad. We're not all actors, or improvisational geniuses. For some of us, RP is hard, for some its easy. Some people will want to RP, some will not. That is the current state of the server.

Sometimes it's about shrugging off the bad experiences in order to get to the meaty good stuff every now and then.
It's probably not what you want to hear, but as I mentioned before, I'm a realist. I'll say things exactly how they are, rather than how I want them to be.

I can tell you for sure though, that finding a group a like minded players, like yourself will massively increase the amount of great RP you encounter.
I've found that some of the best encounters I've had with people is running around with a group of my gang mates and just starting a story or an event and dragging as many people in the RP as possible.

Back